Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,247 Members 50,773 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RoM][XWLSZ-4.1.2-JB][SHOstock3 v4.0] [10/13/13]["RiseUp Edition"]

Tip us?

NegativeSpace
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Default Re: [RoM][XWLSD-4.1.2-JB][SHOstock3 v2.5.1] [02/10/13]["JellyBlizzard Release"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuikan View Post
I have been running 2.5.1 and kernel 2.0 for a while now. No Reboots or bootloops. I run Cpu Adjuster and am Undervolted. I have had to up my voltages slightly to make it more stable. I run Pegasusq and Deadline when the phone is in use with the second core set to auto, and pegasusq and SIO when the screen is off or in a call with the second core OFF. Could the bootloops be cause by the default scheduler?
Jeboo stated 2.0 was having boot loop issues for some users. I'd try 2.1 and I would give it a solid week or so before umdervolting, though I haven't seen much evidence that u/v has benefits.
ROM: Shostock3 4.0
Kernel: jeboo 2.3a (PegasusQ / Deadline)
Modem: UCMD8

Zuikan
Old
(Last edited by Zuikan; 20th February 2013 at 06:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitensheth_11 View Post
Max and min cpu frequency??
What is your screen up time?
And how much do you average?
Both Phones have Stock Battery.
Automatic screen brightness.
Phone In use, 1000Mhz - 200Mhz
In call, 800Mhz - 200Mhz
screen off, 500Mhz - 200Mhz

Screen/Talk Time are around 1hr / 1-2hr . Wife's Phone with 2.0 and 1.1f is a little more. Lots of standby time. See over 24hr of discharge time for both if used sparingly. If used with screen and talk of 1hr and 1-2hr then you I will typically get 16 to 18hrs of discharge time. We both have horrible reception at our work places, 1 bar to no bars depending on where we sit the phones.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zuikan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EzSqueezeCheese
Old
Thanks Meter 91
I'm curious why after restarting my phone, even if it was in silent mode before hand, the volume meter appears and turns all the way up? I recall seeing something in the Tweaks about it, but I chose not to mess with it.

Is it something to do with the lastest Siyah Kernel?

razen_kain
Old
Thanks Meter 2113
Default Re: [RoM][XWLSD-4.1.2-JB][SHOstock3 v2.5.1] [02/10/13]["JellyBlizzard Release"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzSqueezeCheese View Post
I'm curious why after restarting my phone, even if it was in silent mode before hand, the volume meter appears and turns all the way up? I recall seeing something in the Tweaks about it, but I chose not to mess with it.

Its a bug fix for tje sound. Its supposed to do that

Sent from my SGH-S959G

EzSqueezeCheese
Old
Thanks Meter 91
I see. Thanks.

shoman94
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 12178

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by EzSqueezeCheese View Post

Yes its part of AJK/Dorimanx
IRC: freenode|#shostock

Asus Transformer Prime[32gb]
CROMBi-kk-4.4.2

Asus Transformer[16gb]
KatKiss-4.4.2

shoman94
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 12178

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eibbor82 View Post
I've noticed with the last few versions of this rom, that if I'm on a call I can't connect to wifi. It doesn't even show my connection is in range. Anyone else have this issue?
Works no problem for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razen_kain View Post
Idk that this is rom related but i have some apps that have stopped giving me notificatons in the status bar like they used to. Any suggestions? Ive fixed permissions and it hasnt helped.

Sent from my SGH-S959G
I haven't seen this... try reflashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillShepp View Post
Hi, All,

I've found a problem which might explain some of the quirkiness going on here. I discovered that after installing the ROM (2.5.1), while still in recovery if I connect with "adb shell", and then run "e2fsck -fv /dev/block/mmcblk0p9" (which is /system) I'd get a number of filesystem errors. I repeatedly tried formating /system and reinstalling the ROM and this would happen every time, which suggests to me that either my phone has some sort of memory error (which I've seen no other indication of), or there's something about how the ROM has been packaged or is being extracted which is giving the inconsistent filesystem. Perhaps the base system it's being packaged from has an inconsistent filesystem?

The problem can be solved by doing a "e2fsck -fyv /dev/block/mmcblk0p9" (which will answer "y" to all the repair questions), and then you can delete the many files in the /system/lost+found directory to reclaim several megabytes of space.

It'd be great if a few others can boot into recovery and try "adb e2fsck -fv /dev/block/mmcblk0p9" to see if your filesystem is also corrupted (and while you're there, try the same command with mmcblk0p10 instead of mmcblk0p9 to check your /data partition); if so, there's definitely something going on with the packaging.

Bill
You are confusing me? What errors are you seeing. How about a report? There really isn't any quirkiness going on that I see. The Rom is packaged like any other ROM.
IRC: freenode|#shostock

Asus Transformer Prime[32gb]
CROMBi-kk-4.4.2

Asus Transformer[16gb]
KatKiss-4.4.2
The Following User Says Thank You to shoman94 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

spenserj87
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Default Great ROM

I just thought I'd post that I've upgraded to the latest 2.5.1 with the 1.3a kernel. I did a full wipe. No issues and I have the best performance and battery life of any ROM on my phone so far. I'll upgrade the kernel after a bit, I like to wait and see if there are any issues.

Good stuff!
Galaxy S4 SGH-i337 AT&T
SHOstock-i 5.0
BMW R1200R - Der Weg Ist Das Ziel

BillShepp
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Hi, Shoman,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoman
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillShepp
I've found a problem which might explain some of the quirkiness going on here. I discovered that after installing the ROM (2.5.1), while still in recovery if I connect with "adb shell", and then run "e2fsck -fv /dev/block/mmcblk0p9" (which is /system) I'd get a number of filesystem errors. I repeatedly tried formating /system and reinstalling the ROM and this would happen every time, which suggests to me that either my phone has some sort of memory error (which I've seen no other indication of), or there's something about how the ROM has been packaged or is being extracted which is giving the inconsistent filesystem. Perhaps the base system it's being packaged from has an inconsistent filesystem?

The problem can be solved by doing a "e2fsck -fyv /dev/block/mmcblk0p9" (which will answer "y" to all the repair questions), and then you can delete the many files in the /system/lost+found directory to reclaim several megabytes of space.

It'd be great if a few others can boot into recovery and try "adb e2fsck -fv /dev/block/mmcblk0p9" to see if your filesystem is also corrupted (and while you're there, try the same command with mmcblk0p10 instead of mmcblk0p9 to check your /data partition); if so, there's definitely something going on with the packaging.
You are confusing me? What errors are you seeing. How about a report? There really isn't any quirkiness going on that I see. The Rom is packaged like any other ROM.
Simply put, fsck consistently fails immediately after installing the ROM (while still in CWM). This is a recipe for problems, since writing to a filesystem which isn't fully intact can result in overwritten files or lost data. I found this problem because after a few days of running fine a reboot resulted in being stuck on the Samsung logo, and after reinstalling the ROM I noticed several missing apps, which led me to run fsck and seeing that the filesystem had been corrupted. I don't know if it's failing because of something in my phone or something in the packaging, but if others see the same problem following my directions above then it points to the packaging/installer.

Bill

4-2ndtwin
Old
(Last edited by 4-2ndtwin; 21st February 2013 at 01:22 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2478

DONATE TO ME

shoman94, jeboo...been a bit since I've posted, but just wanted to say that I'm still runnin the 1.8.5 version of the Rom that included the 1.1f kernel version !!
It may just be me, but that xxlsj firmware base, along with what u both had done to it, is rock solid ! It's my daily driver for my work phone. It is absolutely flawless for me. :thumbup: Again, much appreciated !
I did try a couple of the ls8 versions but went back to the xxlsj base and have thoroughly enjoyed it since. I do keep up with the thread everyday. And thx for the continued dev work from u both. Later.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361409537526.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	1747363  

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4-2ndtwin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]