XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The HTC One X Camera Support thread

Tip us?

abejoker
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cronus101 View Post
Really... You expect people to believe you?

Sent from my HTC One X
Hahaha same thought hahaha

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

lcampori
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by abejoker View Post
I can't walk around with a Canon to every cigar smoking place...

why not? It sounds like an interesting photographic project, by the way, so you'd better use your best tool.
back to your issue.
we're removing one variable at a time: now you shoot try to pass your phone to someone who gets pics right with his own phone and see if it has something to do with your personal technique. or you can try with someone else's hox. I don't want to sound too harsh, just do not rule out any possibility.
The Following User Says Thank You to lcampori For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

abejoker
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcampori View Post
why not? It sounds like an interesting photographic project, by the way, so you'd better use your best tool.
back to your issue.
we're removing one variable at a time: now you shoot try to pass your phone to someone who gets pics right with his own phone and see if it has something to do with your personal technique. or you can try with someone else's hox. I don't want to sound too harsh, just do not rule out any possibility.
Not harsh at all. I appreciate it. I tried it...friend of mine took my phone and I took his. I got a really good picture, he got it blurry. Definitely, it is my phone.

marzinho
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by cronus101 View Post
Really... You expect people to believe you?

Sent from my HTC One X
Well, i wrote it might look weird, but it works for me. Why it works? Probably because lenses are still mechanical, and for some reason they dont move to reach focus...

Here you have samples, before

and after

"the trick":
The Following User Says Thank You to marzinho For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

abejoker
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by marzinho View Post
Well, i wrote it might look weird, but it works for me. Why it works? Probably because lenses are still mechanical, and for some reason they dont move to reach focus...

Here you have samples, before

and after

"the trick":
Glad it works for you, but I am not gonna have a phone that I need to hit to work properly -_-

marzinho
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Glad it works for you, but I am not gonna have a phone that I need to hit to work properly -_-
Me neither, i'll send mine to reapair. Just wanted to show you, tha my "solution" kinda works

Nathalex27
Old
(Last edited by Nathalex27; 18th January 2013 at 11:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 258
Default Re: The HTC One X Camera Support thread

Worst camera i had since omnia 2. ( well it's my gf's but anyway)
Bad auto focus while shooting video. Twitchy too. Indoor low light is just awefull out of focus blurry grainy...t-mobile wouldn't take it back but was aware of the issue. Htc wouldn't either but denied knowledge of an issue.

I searched on the net and found like a dozen threads about this crap camera and put it to them like this :

"these are my findings on the web. You will take back this phone of wich you advertise it has a good camera but is just not working properly as it damn well should for that kind of money, or will sue you."

She now has a galaxy s3.
Much better.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium HD app
Did I help you? Please hit thanks!

Devices:
GT-N7100 ( Tigra ROM 2.4 ) ( Primary Phone )
GT-I9300 ( S4 Revolution v7 ) ( Wife's Phone )
GT-I9100 ( Omega V24, Siyah Kernel ) ( Daughter's Phone )
Xperia ARC ( Xperia Z Rom, Stock kernel ) ( Backup Phone )

Monk2000
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalex27 View Post
Worst camera i had since omnia 2. ( well it's my gf's but anyway)
Bad auto focus while shooting video. Twitchy too. Indoor low light is just awefull out of focus blurry grainy...t-mobile wouldn't take it back but was aware of the issue. Htc wouldn't either but denied knowledge of an issue.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium HD app
Haha, true somehow - but i bought this device not to become a star photographer rather to use it as a smartphone.
When it's bright, the camera is quite okay - without enough light it is grainy and a kind of green ( ) . The front camera is awefull - anyway, i like the phone
The Following User Says Thank You to Monk2000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shiningarmor
Old
Thanks Meter 333
Quote:
wtf, it actually worked.
no ****, im not kidding. his trick works. dont need to hit on ur knee, just a soft smack to the lens area and it focuses good
Phones ..

DHD -> INCS -> SENSATION -> ONE X -> ONE [SOON...]
currently :
ARHD 19.4 + XM kernel #274 = pure awesomeness

germanojose
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by marzinho View Post
Well, try this - turn the screen off with camera on, hit your camera lens in you knee, or knuckles couple of times (pretty hard, with the equivalent force of clapping, for example), and try to take a pic.

I KNOW, it sounds like a pile of bull****, but works for me...
It works for me putting the hand in front of the the camera, but I test this method too, and works too. hehehee Thanks.