5,597,937 Members 38,616 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Are you getting yourself a HTC One ?
Yes! 1,542 70.00%
Maybe... 521 23.65%
No! 140 6.35%
Voters: 2203. You may not vote on this poll

[discontinued] HTC Flagship 2013 - HTC One (M7) - Mega Information Thread

Tip us?

Maedhros
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir View Post
That's actually one of the reasons against waiting the mid year refresh for me

See HTC might relaunch with upgraded specs later and call it One+ which is all great, the problem for me, they will most likely use the red accents like every-time and one thing is a big no for me is this red hot rod thing especially on the front menu icons
Personally, I think it would be smart for HTC to not refresh the One this year.

What would be the point of refreshing the One with the Snapdragon 800, when their model for the next year would have a Snapdragon XXX?

The jump from the S4 pro to the S600 is a 40% jump. From the S600 to 800 is a 35% jump? Why not wait for the next revision that will be far more substantial.
hot_spare Old
(Last edited by hot_spare; 21st February 2013 at 12:26 AM.)
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeSaint2 View Post
Easy there pal. Hamdir is an informer and very good at it. A lot of us trust what he says cuz he's generally right. There's no need to be crass just because you(based on your post) don't understand the technical side of what HTC is trying to do. So take a chill pill man.
How would you know what I understand? Since you need to be spoon-fed by hamdir, I don't think you qualify to pass judgements here.

It's pretty simple here. Same standard 1/3-inch sensor which has 4 million pixels instead of 8 million or 13 million. So, obviously each individual pixel size increases. Yea, theoretically better s/n ratio. If it takes someone else to spoon-fed you this logic, you need to do something.

BTW, don't forget that you will be losing detail in properly exposed environments due to low pixel count. But I guess someone has tell you that.

H5D has a 40/50MP sensor. It must be bad because there are so many pixels!

EDIT: Since RX100 was mentioned in the material, I thought it would be a good idea to discuss on it.

Both RX100 and and the Nikon J1 has exact same sensor size (1-inch). Due to low resolution of J1 sensor, the pixel pitch or the pixel size were higher, or conversely lower pixel density. Going by pure numbers, it would seem that J1 is better than RX100. Just to show that these pixel size numbers alone doesn't mean everything. It's just one parameter.

anit77
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Default Re: HTC Flagship 2013 - HTC One - Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600 - Mega Information Thread

Umm, this whole ultrapixel thing is about having 3 4mp sensors layered on one chip. Thus giving each, larger, pixel a higher level of detail.

Nokiacrazi
Old
(Last edited by Nokiacrazi; 21st February 2013 at 12:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by anit77 View Post
Umm, this whole ultrapixel thing is about having 3 4mp sensors layered on one chip. Thus giving each, larger, pixel a higher level of detail.
i must be mistaken, i thought that they confirmed it wasn't 3x 4MP sensors layered?

According to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhlB4IZH9Ms around the 3:10 mark its 2x 4MP sensors.
Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. Sign up for free and get extra space from this link! http://db.tt/DHIxpJ5

HTC One M7 (Red)
HTC One M8 (Grey)

T-Mobile UK 3G SIM Only

DeSaint2
Old
(Last edited by DeSaint2; 21st February 2013 at 01:26 AM.)
Thanks Meter 294
Default Re: HTC Flagship 2013 - HTC One - Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600 - Mega Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_spare View Post
How would you know what I understand? Since you need to be spoon-fed by hamdir, I don't think you qualify to pass judgements here.

It's pretty simple here. Same standard 1/3-inch sensor which has 4 million pixels instead of 8 million or 13 million. So, obviously each individual pixel size increases. Yea, theoretically better s/n ratio. If it takes someone else to spoon-fed you this logic, you need to do something.

BTW, don't forget that you will be losing detail in properly exposed environments due to low pixel count. But I guess someone has tell you that.

I managed quite nicely before ever reading a single post by him and I understand what all of it means. Higher pixel count isn't always better. I don't think people by smartphones because it has the highest mp camera. If they are that into photography they will buy a proper camera. Its as simple as that. Most of these pictures won't be blown up to billboard size to be able to see every pixel. If each pixel has higher detail laced to it, it should in theory be as good as an 8 mp camera. I honestly think the camera on my inspire isn't that great and is 8mp. Honestly the Canera is not a selling point to me.

To each his own. I'm done debating the camera and don't accuse me of being spoon fed. I only said what I said because the fact that he can put more eloquently what I cannot and always has sources that we normal users don't.

Edit: At least we can agree on that point. You obviously feel strongly about the sensor being used and I can respect that fully.

Tohrment the Lesser slayer
HTC Flagships - Mega Tech Discussion Thread

Devices

HTC Inspire 4G(retired)>HTC One
The Following User Says Thank You to DeSaint2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hamdir
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 12397
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_spare View Post

EDIT: Since RX100 was mentioned in the material, I thought it would be a good idea to discuss on it.

Both RX100 and and the Nikon J1 has exact same sensor size (1-inch). Due to low resolution of J1 sensor, the pixel pitch or the pixel size were higher, or conversely lower pixel density. Going by pure numbers, it would seem that J1 is better than RX100. Just to show that these pixel size numbers alone doesn't mean everything. It's just one parameter.
that's a lot more useful no? and goes to show how all this needs to be explained better to the average user, megapixels is not everything

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

Qualcomm: HTC One launches with benchmark-busting Snapdragon 600 Processor

jmitr
Old
Thanks Meter 142

Quote:
Nothing I'm still not convinced about durability it ill suffer like all anodized metal, but the black metal made HTC is just crazy sexy, try to have a look at the black One V

I have a grey One V next to me right now and I can tell you HTC just knows how to build metal devices, even better than Apple

The paint adds the final touch of class, but I'm sorry I will be dead worried with it

Look like the One X I couldn't make up my mind until I had both in my hands
As an owner of a dead sexy BLACK One V, that has been "naked " in my pocket since purchase in August with nary a scratch......I will be buying the black "One "

My One V always turns heads, isheep especially love drooling over it.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk HD
CARRIER Telus Mobility

Primary Phone: HTC One

ROM: Stock Telus 3.22.661.1 (Android 4.3 / Sense 5.0)

Secondary Phone: HTC One V

ROM: myONEv RC9.5 FX+ ICS 4.03 Sense 4.1 Lite
Recovery: TWRP 2.4.2.0
[V2.80]TURBO BOOST 100/75 swap
32GB Sandisk class 10 SDHC card

Tablet:Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1

ICS 4.04
GT-P7510 Canada wifi only

Other / Former devices: HTC Touch, HTC Desire, IPhone 4, Samsung S3, LG Nexus 4, Ipad 2, Asus Transformer Prime
The Following User Says Thank You to jmitr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

py_martinez
Old
Thanks Meter 56

No menu button ?

Do you know if it is possible to desactive the 3 dot menu bar (that takes some place on the screen) and assign the menu on a button ?

How to ?

Envoyé depuis mon HTC One X avec Tapatalk

sgt. slaughter
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2865

Quote:
Ok the more i think about it the more its clear, the s800 is definitely the mid year HTC One refresh, just for some of you to keep in mind
Believe I've been saying that for awhile....

It will be impossible for HTC to NOT release a device with that SoC and also NOT be one of the first OEMs to do so...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Sprint Network Vision Deployment List...
Who am I?.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUbgVzMboKs

...Time for a new wager....EVO 4G LTE will get JB OTA BEFORE 11/30/13!!
The Following User Says Thank You to sgt. slaughter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sgt. slaughter
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2865

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maedhros View Post
Personally, I think it would be smart for HTC to not refresh the One this year.

What would be the point of refreshing the One with the Snapdragon 800, when their model for the next year would have a Snapdragon XXX?

The jump from the S4 pro to the S600 is a 40% jump. From the S600 to 800 is a 35% jump? Why not wait for the next revision that will be far more substantial.
You really should read up on the S800... Its a big jump overall in the big picture.

Integrated modems unlike the S600 which requires a MDM chip to handle radios and such, its a newer process SoC, quick charge, voice action, ...oh and it can encode/decode 4k HD, plus a handful of other things....

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Sprint Network Vision Deployment List...
Who am I?.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUbgVzMboKs

...Time for a new wager....EVO 4G LTE will get JB OTA BEFORE 11/30/13!!

Tags
htc one, knowledge base, performance, qualcomm snapdragon 600 adreno 320, sense 5 zoe ultrapixel imagesense
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe