** OFFICIAL WHICH IS THE BEST or FAVORITE ROM /KERNEL THREAD **

OP Moscow Desire

19th February 2013, 10:11 AM   |  #11  
Flag Leek
Thanks Meter: 638

1,703 posts
Donate to Me
More
Paranoid Android is by far the best Custom ROM I've tried. Other than ViperX for the HOX etc I think the Paranoid team do such amazing work.

Updated all the time, and never had an issue with PA.
With Faux kernel it "USED" to be amazing all round, but I've noticed recently the battery has been less and less with each update (perhaps Faux isn't keeping up)?
Franco kernel is also brilliant with PA. But yeah, for the Nexus, PA is the way to go !
19th February 2013, 02:26 PM   |  #12  
Flag Egypt
Thanks Meter: 302

1,029 posts
More
Re: ** OFFICIAL WHICH IS THE BEST ROM THREAD **
The last time I tried PA, my N7 just freezes in the lock screen, quite often. Only thing I can do is reboot. At other time, when lock screen is working, there are lots of lags pretty much everywhere. I still don't understand why people still praised it until now even though in my testing it feels as if I'm holding a bomb ready to explode at any time.

Even people in the nexus community can't escape the "hype" and placebo effect of roms or tweaks or even kernels.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stfudude For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2013, 07:01 PM   |  #13  
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 853

2,991 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadeo1111

I have to agree - stock and unrooted my N7 rocks. Granted, I've only had it a week tomorrow and I'm coming from Hashcode's Kindle Fire rom'ed device - which with most mods is trying to emulate the Nexus 7 - and does a pretty good job too. But my new device got the latest 4.2.2 jelly bean pushed to it a couple of days ago - no fuss/muss - and smooth and awesome it is still.

I'd decided when I activated my new N7 that I'd hold off root and modding it for a week or two to break it in, make sure that I had no warranty claims to make. With one week down all that I've missed about not having root so far is Titanium Backup.

Maybe I'm in the wrong place. Where is the, "Benefits of rooting your Nexus 7?" thread?

I love stock and stock kernel on my N7 because it gives me the best battery life plus performance. I can run many applications flawlessly. No hiccups or lags. To be fair, i have only tried MiNCO ROM, paranoidandroid, and CM 10.1. I liked the customizations and the tweaks that were implemented to improve it but it just wasn't for me.

I flashed back to stock a few days and I'm going to camp here for a while.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
20th February 2013, 05:49 PM   |  #14  
Flag Minnesota Nice
Thanks Meter: 6

30 posts
For me: #1 Paranoid Android, #2 Stock.
20th February 2013, 07:23 PM   |  #15  
Recognized Contributor
Flag solar.sys://earth.pl/as/in
Thanks Meter: 2,187

2,014 posts
Donate to Me
More
Paranoid android, but cant wait to get back to stock 4.2.2...

Sent from my Nexus 7
20th February 2013, 08:29 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 15

86 posts
I'm a pretty big fan of dirty root box IMHO. I think it looks really slick and gives pretty good performance and tons of customization. Paired with Franco kernel it also gets great battery life.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrgnlit For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2013, 10:46 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
PRIME D02 is the fastest ROM I've tried, by far.

It is a clean ROM concentrated on improving performance, it doesn't add a lot of features which also can be added afterwards to your taste (for instance if you want a PIE menu you can add LMT Launcher). But you can select extended desktop (full screen), you can customize the navbar buttons and settings, nav ring, status bar, and quick settings (swipe down from the top right of the status bar).

If you use this rom with its standard kernel, make sure to install Trickster MOD and adjust the setting 'CPUQuit Power Management' to 'RUNNABLE' (swipe to the last tab, and don't forget to press 'V' on top of the screen to activate, and enable 'set on boot'). This is needed to get good battery performance, otherwise 3 cores will run at high speed. You will still get the super fluid performance.
Last edited by fac51void; 21st February 2013 at 10:45 AM.
21st February 2013, 12:20 AM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 374

527 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fac51void

PRIME D02 is the fastest ROM I've tried, by far.

It is a clean ROM concentrated on improving performance, it doesn't add a lot of features which also can be added afterwards to your taste (for instance if you want a PIE menu you can add LMT Launcher). But you can select extended desktop (full screen), you can customize the navbar buttons and settings, nav ring, status bar, and quick settings (swipe down from the top right of the status bar).

If you use this rom with its standard kernel, make sure to install Trickster MOD and adjust the setting 'CPUQuit Power Management' to 'RUNNABLE' (swipe to the last tab, and don't forget to press 'V' on top of the screen to activate). This is needed to get good battery performance, otherwise 3 cores will run at high speed. You will still get the super fluid performance.

+1
21st February 2013, 04:38 AM   |  #19  
Flag Watertown
Thanks Meter: 8

39 posts
Isn't anyone using AOKP? I switched from SmoothROM and never looked back. SmoothROM was nice, much better than stock, but the customization and stability with AOKP simply incredible. I'm using a 4.2.2 nightly right now, couldn't wait for the Bluetooth fix and haven't had a problem yet.

aokp.co

Try it out, you don't hate unicorns do you?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vision81 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2013, 05:23 AM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 40

173 posts
CodefireX,Xylon,Vanilla Root box,and now Dirty Rootbox have been impressive this year. Originally loved Baked but haven't even looked for an update since v.7.
Don't much care for PA.
Got tired of hearing about tablet ui and the (ugh) 'Phablet' ui and now its Pie this and Pie that. There is a launcher for that so keep pie out of the ROMs please...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread