The one you just posted in.
"Flash radios without Eng HBoot"

Sent from my HTC DNA
20th February 2013, 08:00 AM   |  #43  
Flag D.F
Thanks Meter: 6

310 posts
More
works great in my droid dna waiting lrs rom update or trying other roms thx folk!!!
20th February 2013, 09:09 AM   |  #44  
Flag Ft. Leonard Wood, MO/Peoria, IL
Thanks Meter: 27

94 posts
More
I was doing some research, and I came across this ENG Hboot for the Rezound: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1612075

Something caught my attention, and I quote "Warning: If you try to S-ON the device with this HBOOT on it, it will BRICK. Restore the original hboot first via RUU."

Granted this is for the Rezound, but the same may apply for the DNA. I think there should be a note put in the first post to revert to the original HBoot (I've already done this and it's safe) if you want to turn S-ON back on via fastboot oem writesecureflag 3 ...
The Following User Says Thank You to SAMPCam For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2013, 09:54 AM   |  #45  
Flag Washinton, DC
Thanks Meter: 151

382 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [HBOOT] HBOOT-8064 Groups Engneering HBOOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMPCam

I was doing some research, and I came across this ENG Hboot for the Rezound: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1612075

Something caught my attention, and I quote "Warning: If you try to S-ON the device with this HBOOT on it, it will BRICK. Restore the original hboot first via RUU."

Granted this is for the Rezound, but the same may apply for the DNA. I think there should be a note put in the first post to revert to the original HBoot (I've already done this and it's safe) if you want to turn S-ON back on via fastboot oem writesecureflag 3 ...

Yes, this still applies, if you try to write the secure flag to go back to S-ON while still on the ENG HBOOT, you WILL hard brick your device.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
Last edited by Argumentation; 20th February 2013 at 11:44 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Argumentation For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2013, 11:17 PM   |  #46  
Beating up dumbbells
Thanks Meter: 604

1,971 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMPCam

Do you know where we can find the original boot?

The engineering hboot is fine but I prefer to go back to the original so there are fewer ways for me to Bork my phone.

Edit: nevermind, found it here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2157917
Last edited by orangechoochoo; 20th February 2013 at 11:20 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to orangechoochoo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2013, 12:21 AM   |  #47  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Suffolk, VA
Thanks Meter: 1,476

2,789 posts
Donate to Me
More
Just so everyone knows if you were to ever S-ON with an ENG hboot it will hard-brick the device... I would highly advice to flash a non ENG hboot...

*hint* dont ask they guys in the IRC cause they will be like "Nope we cant help you" if you brick with an ENG hboot
21st February 2013, 12:44 AM   |  #48  
Thanks Meter: 37

233 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argumentation

I ended up flashing it a bit differently, I made a PL83IMG.zip and did

Code:
 fastboot oem rebootRUU
then

Code:
 fastboot flash zip PL83IMG.zip
and it worked beautifully

I followed your steps and commands. Question... How long does it take that Green Bar to complete? I'm nervous.
21st February 2013, 12:46 AM   |  #49  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Suffolk, VA
Thanks Meter: 1,476

2,789 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by android4temo

I followed your steps and commands. Question... How long does it take that Green Bar to complete? I'm nervous.

the green bar is gonna hang at like 3/4 the full bar just let it sit for a few and then

fastboot oem boot
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to .torrented For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2013, 04:05 AM   |  #50  
Flag sioux falls SD
Thanks Meter: 1,514

4,698 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [HBOOT] HBOOT-8064 Groups Engneering HBOOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by .torrented

the green bar is gonna hang at like 3/4 the full bar just let it sit for a few and then

fastboot oem boot

Or fastboot reboot

RATTLED FROM MY GLOBALIZED DROID DNA WITH TAPATALK 2

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

I just upgraded to this, then customized it using regaw mod. And then upgraded my radio. Now im gonna make a splash. Its nice to have s-off, and ill b donating to those guys that gave it to us.

RATTLED FROM MY GLOBALIZED DROID DNA WITH TAPATALK 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread