I don't get Hspa+ connection everywhere.

20th February 2013, 09:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I have a Note II Factory unlocked international edition. I also have a $30 Prepaid plan from T-Mobile which is supposed to give me 4G speeds. I dont get them everywhere. At my house i get the 4G speed however when i go to my school which is a mile away. I only get Edge Connection and sometimes out of the blue i get 4G speed back again. Whats wrong with my phone not gewtting those speeds everywhere? its really annoying
Last edited by japjeev; 20th February 2013 at 09:35 PM.
20th February 2013, 10:07 PM   |  #2  
London
Thanks Meter: 411

1,231 posts
More
My guess is their 4G isn't rolled out wherever your school is.
Or it could be the signal being blocked by all the walls and **** in your school.
It's not a problem with your phone, it's the network itself.
21st February 2013, 12:07 AM   |  #3  

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by japjeev

I have a Note II Factory unlocked international edition. I also have a $30 Prepaid plan from T-Mobile which is supposed to give me 4G speeds. I dont get them everywhere. At my house i get the 4G speed however when i go to my school which is a mile away. I only get Edge Connection and sometimes out of the blue i get 4G speed back again. Whats wrong with my phone not gewtting those speeds everywhere? its really annoying

I just got my 7100 unlocked as well and I am on the same plan you are on (its a great deal right?). I have the same problem, I'm stuck on EDGE at home (I'm on wi-fi so its not a big deal) but when I am at work my phone goes crazy. It will switch between H+, H, 3g and EDGE all day long. It will have seizures. The crazy thing is, work is about 10 away from my house so....???

I've been trying to unlock the 1700 band but it may not be possible on the GT-7100. when hitting *#7284#. You're supposed to go into the "Qualcomm usb settings" but that option does not exist on my phone. Anywhere. Its just not there. So I'm stuck.

I know Tmobile is in the process of refarming their network to 1900, but I have no idea when they are going to complete that project. Anyone know?

It may turn out that we'll have to either put up with the EDGE speeds or go with Straight Talk...
21st February 2013, 12:08 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 13

52 posts
More
Re: I don't get Hspa+ connection everywhere.
Pretty much what the guy beneath you has said. I not every provider guarantees that you will get the same speed everywhere. Not even to mention that tmobile is the only major provider in europe with very very bad coverage.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
21st February 2013, 12:21 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironarm

I just got my 7100 unlocked as well and I am on the same plan you are on (its a great deal right?). I have the same problem, I'm stuck on EDGE at home (I'm on wi-fi so its not a big deal) but when I am at work my phone goes crazy. It will switch between H+, H, 3g and EDGE all day long. It will have seizures. The crazy thing is, work is about 10 away from my house so....???

I've been trying to unlock the 1700 band but it may not be possible on the GT-7100. when hitting *#7284#. You're supposed to go into the "Qualcomm usb settings" but that option does not exist on my phone. Anywhere. Its just not there. So I'm stuck.

I know Tmobile is in the process of refarming their network to 1900, but I have no idea when they are going to complete that project. Anyone know?

It may turn out that we'll have to either put up with the EDGE speeds or go with Straight Talk...

Yes exactly the problem i am facing. its very frustrating. My phone switches with all day long it mostly stays on Edge though.
21st February 2013, 12:53 AM   |  #6  
Flag Minneapolis, MN, USA
Thanks Meter: 61

351 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: I don't get Hspa+ connection everywhere.
This has nothing to do with your phone. Tmobile USA has not rolled out the compatible 3G frequency yet.

21st February 2013, 08:06 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deusdies

This has nothing to do with your phone. Tmobile USA has not rolled out the compatible 3G frequency yet.

How come my freind who has a S3 gets better signal and better speeds at the same place?
21st February 2013, 09:21 PM   |  #8  

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by japjeev

How come my freind who has a S3 gets better signal and better speeds at the same place?

He might have a version that supports the 1700 band

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread