Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,303 Members 44,942 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][Nov 1]★★ CleanROM Inheritance 3.5 | JB 10.4.4.25 | ODEX/DEODEX | Full ROM ★★

Tip us?

jtrosky
Old
Thanks Meter 961
Default Re: [ROM][17 Feb]★★CleanROM Inheritance 3.3 | JB 10.4.4.25 | ODEX/DEODEX | New Kernel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
Yes another possible way.
The more I think about this, maybe you could "automate" this - leave DRM setup to work for Google Play stuff, unless Hulu+ is installed - then setup the DRM for Hulu+ instead.... Just thinking out loud...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

aybesea69
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I don't use Google or Hulu, but it seems to me that if Android is like Linux (which I believe it is in most respects), you should be able to set up either directory name and make a hard link to the other. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like it should work.

Kidd_Funkadelic
Old
Thanks Meter 23
So I tried to install this ROM on a brand new Infinity that I just purchased today after unlocking, installing nvflash, installing TWRP, and rooting.

The first step though indicating I need the latest JB bootloader has me dead in the water. I can't boot up anymore, getting stuck at the asus logo screan.

I can still get to recovery and fastboot/nvflash but I don't know what to do next or why I ran into problems. Should I have left the custom bootloader from the nvflash setup?

Not sure what to do next. Any help is greatly appreciated!

soyusado
Old
Thanks Meter 234
Default Re: [ROM][17 Feb]★★CleanROM Inheritance 3.3 | JB 10.4.4.25 | ODEX/DEODEX | New Kernel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd_Funkadelic View Post
So I tried to install this ROM on a brand new Infinity that I just purchased today after unlocking, installing nvflash, installing TWRP, and rooting.

The first step though indicating I need the latest JB bootloader has me dead in the water. I can't boot up anymore, getting stuck at the asus logo screan.

I can still get to recovery and fastboot/nvflash but I don't know what to do next or why I ran into problems. Should I have left the custom bootloader from the nvflash setup?

Not sure what to do next. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Did you install whole latest Asus' JB?
If you didn't, that might be the error, but if you did it, the error might be a corrupted download, either ways as you can access to custom recovery, you should be able to make a factory reset and flash again latest Asus' JB.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app
Samsung Galaxy S IV (GT-I9505 Black Mist) Android 4.4 (CM 11.0)
ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity (TF700T Champagne) Android 4.4 (CM 11.0)
LEGEND Motorola DEFY (MB525 Bayer module) Android 4.4 (CM 11.0) Thanks to Quarx for porting CM10.2

[Questions/Troubleshooting][ROM][Official] P.A.C True All in 1 ROM[IR NIGHTLIES]

Kidd_Funkadelic
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by soyusado View Post
Did you install whole latest Asus' JB?
If you didn't, that might be the error, but if you did it, the error might be a corrupted download, either ways as you can access to custom recovery, you should be able to make a factory reset and flash again latest Asus' JB.

I've tried to reflash the bootloader from the first page of this thread a few times and also done a factory reset and no luck. I suppose it could be a bad download. I could try to re-download the bootloader. Need to figure out the adb command to copy the file...

buhohitr
Old
Thanks Meter 1,501
Quote:
I've tried to reflash the bootloader from the first page of this thread a few times and also done a factory reset and no luck. I suppose it could be a bad download. I could try to re-download the bootloader. Need to figure out the adb command to copy the file...
Make sure you have the 2.3.1.0 twrp custom recovery installed, you should able to use this to flash JB bootloader or full stock rom.

soyusado
Old
Thanks Meter 234

Quote:
Are you coming from stock ics?
If you have access to an sd card, you wouldn't need to figure out the adb command line, just set the sd card's path in custom recovery and flash the stock ROM from Asus' site.

Samsung Galaxy S IV (GT-I9505 Black Mist) Android 4.4 (CM 11.0)
ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity (TF700T Champagne) Android 4.4 (CM 11.0)
LEGEND Motorola DEFY (MB525 Bayer module) Android 4.4 (CM 11.0) Thanks to Quarx for porting CM10.2

[Questions/Troubleshooting][ROM][Official] P.A.C True All in 1 ROM[IR NIGHTLIES]

Kidd_Funkadelic
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr View Post
Make sure you have the 2.3.1.0 twrp custom recovery installed, you should able to use this to flash JB bootloader or full stock rom.
I have TWRP 2.4.1.0 installed.

I believe I'm already on the stock ROM (4.0.1 I think came out of the box). Is the bootloader part of the ROM? Can I get some pointers on getting the ROM onto the TF700? I can get into fastboot, but adb doesn't seem to work? I've used recovery a ton, but I'm not as familiar w/ the fastboot/adb command line goodies...

I did go through the nvflash backup steps so I should have that to fall back on though I haven't found a way to actually restore the backup data.

So frustrated to have a (temporary) brick on day one

buhohitr
Old
Thanks Meter 1,501
Quote:
I have TWRP 2.4.1.0 installed.

I believe I'm already on the stock ROM (4.0.1 I think came out of the box). Is the bootloader part of the ROM? Can I get some pointers on getting the ROM onto the TF700? I can get into fastboot, but adb doesn't seem to work? I've used recovery a ton, but I'm not as familiar w/ the fastboot/adb command line goodies...

I did go through the nvflash backup steps so I should have that to fall back on though I haven't found a way to actually restore the backup data.

So frustrated to have a (temporary) brick on day one
Did you try to flash full stock rom (full stock rom included bootloader), I would try ICS version .30 first.

lucius.zen
Old
Thanks Meter 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
The kernel needs to support fsync first and foremost which all the ones in the kernel installer do

The control is set by the rom. If you disable it when installing CROMI 3.3 it will stay. When you install a kernel via kernel installer you should select to keep it disabled. If you untick the box it will be re-enabled. If you install a kernel without kernel installer then it will stay at whatever you set in CROMI.

Hope that makes sense.
Ok cool, so long as ive disabled fsync in CROMI and am using a kernel that supports disabling fsync I should be good.

Why is there an option in the kernel installer to disable fsync if this is set via CROMI? Is it just to give people the option to re-enable fsync if they disabled it in CROMI?

Tags
cleanrom, infinity, inheritance, jelly bean, tf700