Fix for hard-bricked Galaxy Note 2s

Search This thread

AdamOutler

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2011
Miami, Fl̨̞̲̟̦̀̈̃͛҃҅͟orida
I've got a potential fix for bricked Galaxy Note 2's. It involves porting the GS3 recovery from SD to the GN2. This is not a full repair, only a fix to get the GN2 in operations. I'd like to work with someone who has the ability to open their Galaxy Note, take some pictures, hook up wires, and do some hardware hacking with me.

This method of recovering GN2's will be the standard for recovering from bad bootloaders once we're done.

Last edited:

verifiedsub

Mar 3, 2012
Cambridge
Hey man.. I tried for prob 2 days with my developer to fix my phone to no avail, before sending it away through my phone provider, 2 weeks went by and they called telling me its going to cost 350 $ to fix it.. to which I replied no thank you and I am now waiting for my phone to return... any help you could provide would be so greatly appreciated man..!!!!

Reactions: lopman

binh217

Sep 28, 2006
Hi Bro!

Here are some pictures mainboard GN2

next

you need to do what to do?

thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0009_800x598.jpg
    IMG_0009_800x598.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 4,189
  • IMG_0007_800x598.jpg
    IMG_0007_800x598.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 4,165

nabilsweet007

Dec 14, 2012
Hey man.. I tried for prob 2 days with my developer to fix my phone to no avail, before sending it away through my phone provider, 2 weeks went by and they called telling me its going to cost 350 $ to fix it.. to which I replied no thank you and I am now waiting for my phone to return... any help you could provide would be so greatly appreciated man..!!!!

What happened to ur phonw.how does it bricked?

PhxDroid86

Jan 14, 2013
Phoenix
As a side note, didn't know where else to post...

Would anyone be willing to look at my Huawei mercury... basically, cricket OTA'd a brick update and I can't get the device to do anything. Can't flash any rom or recovery/save anything to the phone/adjust any settings/etc. Basically the phone is unwriteable... ultimately i would like to get it up again so I can use it as a remote storage and appletv/xbmc remote (if nothing else) but can't get it to do anything... I'll send you whatever you need to try and create a solution for me with a fair donation... As I even have friends I could sell this too for a few bucks lol

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've got a potential fix for bricked Galaxy Note 2's. It involves porting the GS3 recovery from SD to the GN2. This is not a full repair, only a fix to get the GN2 in operations. I'd like to work with someone who has the ability to open their Galaxy Note, take some pictures, hook up wires, and do some hardware hacking with me.

This method of recovering GN2's will be the standard for recovering from bad bootloaders once we're done.
    Hi Bro!

Here are some pictures mainboard GN2

next

you need to do what to do?

thanks!
    Wrong provider forum as well as wrong phone forum. I doubt you will find help here sorry bro

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Any update for this thread Adam?

I was not able to disable the EMMC, so there is no update.
    Adam,

I think I hard bricked my Galaxy Note II. Any help you can provide would be great.