Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 51,469 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Droid Razr Maxx HD (XT926) - Jelly Bean OTA - 9.1.41.XT926 + Root

Tip us?

Borderpatrol1987
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Default Re: Droid Razr Maxx HD (XT926) - Jelly Bean OTA - 9.1.41.XT926 + Root

I went into settings and performed a hard reset. Settings -> privacy -> factory deset

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app
Moto V188 -> RAZR -> BB 8100 -> BB 8900 -> Thunderbolt -> DROID RAZR HD -> Galaxy Note 3

If I helped you, hit thanks!

hradak
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneBill View Post
How did you resolve this problem? My RAZR MAXX HD rooted flawlessly (?) and I have root but that annoying "Unfortunately, Motorola Services has stopped" is driving me nuts. I have cleaned the cache using Clean Master and fixed permissions using ROM Manager. Still doing it. Any suggestions? Thanks.
I was having the same issues and a factory reset fixed it. the poster above just sent instructions on how to do it.

the virus
Old
Thanks Meter 0

Hi guys. I am yet to find a 1 touch root method that works. I've tried the method found in this forum and it put superuser on my phone but I am NOT able to find route I tried route checker and several other apps that require root but not have root access please advise Thanks in advance.

GoClifGo05
Old
Thanks Meter 360

Use Matt's Utility found in the development section. You'll need to downgrade to 4.0.4 first and the utility has it all in one place.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
"She leans into me and I keep my arms around her. I don't fool myself that I hold her together -- She does that on her own -- But holding her keeps me from flying apart."

Moto X DE
Nexus 7 - Grouper
Retired: Droid RAZR HD XT926 Developer Edition / Droid X2

PhoneBill
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Motorola Services Has Stopped - Ready to try hard reset

Thanks for your input Borderpatrol1987 and hradak. I was hoping to avoid that because I am not sure what I would have to do to preserve my many paid for apps and retain root. I hope it doesn't entail going through the rooting process again but I will do that if necessary because this constant "Unfortunately, ..." is really hurting the phone's usability. I would very much appreciate your going into more detail about the hard reset for this newbie to rooting the Razr HD. I have Titanium Backup Pro and an SD card.. How should the SD card be formatted? I am using the 32 GB Class10 SD card that I had in my Pantech Breakout and it was/is formatted as a FAT32 primary and a 3 GB Ext-2 primary. I also have a 64 GB HDXC Class 10 card but am not sure the Maxx HD will accept it. Would like to use the 64 GB if possible. Thanks again guys.

Borderpatrol1987
Old
Thanks Meter 43

Your root will be preserved. And if you back up via TB, you can restore and all your data will be back.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Pop your memory card and format it from within the memory settings and use whatever the phone says. Can't go wrong that way.

Moto V188 -> RAZR -> BB 8100 -> BB 8900 -> Thunderbolt -> DROID RAZR HD -> Galaxy Note 3

If I helped you, hit thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Borderpatrol1987 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PhoneBill
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Red face No More "Unfortunately,...." Now rock solid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderpatrol1987 View Post
Your root will be preserved. And if you back up via TB, you can restore and all your data will be back.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Pop your memory card and format it from within the memory settings and use whatever the phone says. Can't go wrong that way.

Thanks for your help Borderpatrol1987. I formatted the 64 GB SD card as you suggested and it gave me 59.00 GB of useable space. I then backed up all user apps and system data using Titanium Backup, verified that the backup was on the SD card, and then did the hard reset. After recovering my apps from TB and setting up my screens as they were before, I now have an awesome rooted Razr Maxx HD!

trump431
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Keeping root during transfer from 07.2 to 9.1.41

For those to whom this method hasn't worked out, take a look on this video on YouTube, very precise description, and you'll find steps that you've missed/or done wrong (because procedure in title seems to be thorough but still there are some ambiguities). This video helped me a lot.
Unfortunately I'm not allowed to post links now on this forum so just YouTube for How to Root the Droid Razr HD on Jelly Bean.
The Following User Says Thank You to trump431 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stryker2you
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by trump431 View Post
For those to whom this method hasn't worked out, take a look on this video on YouTube, very precise description, and you'll find steps that you've missed/or done wrong (because procedure in title seems to be thorough but still there are some ambiguities). This video helped me a lot.
Unfortunately I'm not allowed to post links now on this forum so just YouTube for How to Root the Droid Razr HD on Jelly Bean.
Exactly. I just did this method yesterday and it worked great. Most things that went wrong were my fault for not following directions correctly. I did have to search elsewhere due to some links for downloads not working but it was not that bad...there are many mirrors for these files out there.

Background for anyone that cares: I just got my Razr Maxx HD less then 1 week ago (Feb 2013) and it came new from Verizion with JB 4.1.1.

Although not a one click root this was much simpler then other methods i've used in the past. Thanks again to all those that made this possible. I just cant wait for more custom roms and source for the kernel so we can overclock (for the record tho this phone has been super fast).

RRRRyan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default can't install OTA 0.7.2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker2you View Post
Background for anyone that cares: I just got my Razr Maxx HD less then 1 week ago (Feb 2013) and it came new from Verizion with JB 4.1.1.

Although not a one click root this was much simpler then other methods i've used in the past. Thanks again to all those that made this possible. I just cant wait for more custom roms and source for the kernel so we can overclock (for the record tho this phone has been super fast).
I can't get the OTA to install, it refuses on WiFi and 4G. If I factory reset (after going to 4.0.4) setup and go to system updates without enabling wifi I see the 6 meg update but it fails saying "try again later" ... If I enable WiFi I get no message, then if I disable WiFi it just says "download suspended" I've been at this half the day and can't get the 0.7.2 update. Any ideas?