Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,124 Members 43,311 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuffing replacement in ASUS TF700T - is it possible?

Tip us?

snypa
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Angry lol ... open heart surgery!

if i send you mine, could you chuck the guts out of this in there for me?!

would be good internal

Denis_63
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thats OK

My God, over three posts I'm trying to explain, that I want Atom-based transformer with FHD screen and perfect case! Unfortunatelly, dumb ASUS used to put on the market kind an invalid models!!! For example - atom based, but without full keyboard (ME400C), with 3G onboard, but wry functioning TF700KL, with win 8 (and Win RT), but with HD (accidents 1366x768 and 155 ppi) only. Just like if you want to buy bysicle, and I sell them, but inadequate - wthout one wheel, or without seat
There is only one possibility to get the tablet I want - compile it by myself (with SC engineers help, SC - service center, had you thought about Blizzard StarCraft? ), using stuffing from ASUS ME400C and case (with screen) from TF700T.

Dear snypa, ASUS TF700T and all tansformers have no usb 3.0 controller. Its possible to put the stuffing from this stick inside ASUS tablet, connecting to the usb-controller, but It will work as usb 2.0 device indeed

snypa
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Angry pass me the soldering iron please ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis_63 View Post
Dear snypa, ASUS TF700T and all transformers have no usb 3.0 controller. Its possible to put the stuffing from this stick inside ASUS tablet, connecting to the usb-controller, but It will work as usb 2.0 device indeed
LoL ... yeh i was only having a jab @ asus for the elcheapo storage solution they sold me. I think your frankenstein should be a great project to teach asus what products we the people are interested in!

ps- even @ usb2 ... these are still faster than my internal ! ( i actually have the dvr500 32GB orange/black - quik , but not this quik)

GigaSPX
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Re: [Q] Stuffing replacement in ASUS TF700T - is it possible?

Entering the realms of taking apart three different pieces of fine technology and fuse it into one? Without a doubt that's going to be one hell of a money dump and lots of time required to be able to do it without screwing it up.

Good luck doing it though.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2