Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,772 Members 52,059 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Phone case - is it necessary?

Tip us?

JARR3DF15CH3R
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default Re: [Q] Phone case - is it necessary?

Are the rubbery ones good? Looking for a cheap decent case

Sent from my One V using xda app-developers app

zedorda
Old
Thanks Meter 26
IMHO This is the best case for the HTC One V if you want the slimmest possible case for simple scratch & bump protection. You will forget you even have a case with this one. Plus you get a swivel holster included for under $20.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o04_s00_i00
The Following User Says Thank You to zedorda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WizzyCreator
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its Just OG View Post
Do you think its necessary to carry this phone in the case? I have the One V only a week and I really dont want to have scratches on the phone body - which is made from alluminium, so I dont thing I need a case. Its just so uncomfortable to put the phone out of the case everytime I want to use it. (But Ive bought a screen protector).

Do you wear a case?
Yes I suggest you get a case for any phone no matter what. I have had my HTC One V for the past year and at first was skeptical about getting one. I dropped it from around 2 feet one day and the screen got cracked a little at the top. I got a cheap $0.50 USD case off of Amazon and since then it hasnít see any more damage!

mcgi5sr2
Old
Thanks Meter 274
Default floating cases

anyone found a case that floats?

Seraz007
Old
Thanks Meter 2947
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgi5sr2 View Post
anyone found a case that floats?
lol who needs a floating case? if our device was waterproof then yes it wud be gr8...sadly it is NOT

bananabux
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I've found multiple cases for the HOV on ebay for a dollar a piece. They're tpu gel silicone. Flexible and durable stuff, I've had my current one for months now and it's lasted through all the clumsy times I've dropped my phone.

Sadly the only downside is the shipping length..took about 15 days to get the case, during which time of course I dropped my phone on the sidewalk and scratched the casing in multiple areas

brasssmunkye
Old
Thanks Meter 5
i got a sweet case on amazon for $0.22 (plus shipping of course, so it was just a couple dollar case) and it was fulfilled through amazon (amazon warehouses, got here in 2-3 days) if you search for htc one v hybrid case, you will see em, they are the silicone/plastic ones, fit great, very comparable to an incipio silicrylic, but much cheaper

anyway, thats my 2c on what case i reccomend

intrepid9
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I got this one http://www.amazon.com/Rubberized-Har...dp/B0089P039Q/ the case has lost some rubber but it still works and it hasn't broken when I dropped it on the floor multiple times

micahjbrooks1991@gmail.co
Old
Thanks Meter 0
My favorite case I've had for my One V has been the dropsuit from body glove mobile. It's durable and it has the rubber thicker where it needs to be but its still slim and fits in my pocket easily.
P.S. if you're looking to buy, see if the code JP20 still works on their site, it got me 20% off and free shipping when i ordered