FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

KF 2 Bricked omap430

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By LazyE, Junior Member on 20th February 2013, 08:11 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi,

ive been given a bricked kf2 that shows up in device manager as a omap4430 device, Ive seen the firekit for the first kindle do i need the aboot.bin and u-boot.bin from a kf2 or will the ones already in firekit allow me to boot into fastboot ?

or am i completly off track as i suspect i am lol
 
 
20th February 2013, 11:10 PM |#2  
soupmagnet's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 2,489
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyE

Hi,

ive been given a bricked kf2 that shows up in device manager as a omap4430 device, Ive seen the firekit for the first kindle do i need the aboot.bin and u-boot.bin from a kf2 or will the ones already in firekit allow me to boot into fastboot ?

or am i completly off track as i suspect i am lol

Don't use Firekit for the KF2. How bricked is it? Does it turn on at least?
20th February 2013, 11:29 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
no it doesn't turn on and power light does'nt light up, i haven't tried Firekit,
20th February 2013, 11:42 PM |#4  
soupmagnet's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 2,489
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyE

no it doesn't turn on and power light does'nt light up, i haven't tried Firekit,

As of now, there's nothing you can do about it.
21st February 2013, 06:15 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soupmagnet

As of now, there's nothing you can do about it.


Ok thanks hopefully a new firekit or similar comes out
6th December 2013, 10:50 PM |#6  
cutech's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I have a similar situation
The KF2 power led does not turn on at all, and the OMAP4430 driver cycles off and on in Windows device manager.

No difference with a fastboot cable.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes