Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,490 Members 43,538 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[VERY EASY GUIDE] ADB/FASTBOOT/RECOVORY *FULL GUIDE* for flashing ROMs, Kernels, APKs

Tip us?

nb1201
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default software version 2.04.605.2 710RD

Quote:
Originally Posted by uppon2 View Post
From what I see there is not a great deal of difference. I think Super Charged is based on new firmware however I will stay loyal to Venom because they seem to make the most mods and tweaks

You can also download a stock ROM on the new firmware which can be found here

Please thanks me if I have helped. I want to make it to 1000 thanks then I will be happy
Do you know if your guide will work if already have the newest OTA update? I picked up this phone on 11/18 and it was alread updated. Will I be able to unlock the bootloader with this version?

uppon2
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1169
Quote:
Originally Posted by nb1201 View Post
Do you know if your guide will work if already have the newest OTA update? I picked up this phone on 11/18 and it was alread updated. Will I be able to unlock the bootloader with this version?
No. Unless the phone has previously had supercid. For more information, read the bootloader unlock guide!

Are you certain it has the latest update?
The more you sweat in training the less you bleed in battle
The Following User Says Thank You to uppon2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nb1201
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
No. Unless the phone has previously had supercid. For more information, read the bootloader unlock guide!

Are you certain it has the latest update?
unfortunately, yes. tried the SuperCID app and it did not work . I'm sure some of these ingenius devs will figure it out in no time. I believe jcase is already working on it. As soon as they do I'll be using your guide so Thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to nb1201 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

uppon2
Old
Thanks Meter 1169
Quote:
Originally Posted by nb1201 View Post
unfortunately, yes. tried the SuperCID app and it did not work . I'm sure some of these ingenius devs will figure it out in no time. I believe jcase is already working on it. As soon as they do I'll be using your guide so Thank you!
You're welcome. I spoke with beaups and jcase tonight and they said it is a possibility but no promises (in so many words)

Novakingwai
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I am having trouble in the 1st step, unlocking bootloader. I ran the CID application but can't figure out how to use the Command prompt.

uppon2
Old
Thanks Meter 1169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novakingwai View Post
I am having trouble in the 1st step, unlocking bootloader. I ran the CID application but can't figure out how to use the Command prompt.
You would receive greater advice from the thread dedicated to the bootloader unlocking.

In my guide there are directions on how to use command but not for your problem

Farva0412
Old
Thanks Meter 18
As of now i am 100% stock. I am trying to make sure my ADB is working correctly Since Moonshine will be available soon. I can see my device, i can adb reboot bootloader. But I cannot See device if i enter the Fastboot devices command, nor can i reboot with the fastboot reboot command.

I am running Windows 8 i would love some help. thank you

uppon2
Old
Thanks Meter 1169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farva0412 View Post
As of now i am 100% stock. I am trying to make sure my ADB is working correctly Since Moonshine will be available soon. I can see my device, i can adb reboot bootloader. But I cannot See device if i enter the Fastboot devices command, nor can i reboot with the fastboot reboot command.

I am running Windows 8 i would love some help. thank you
I am not sure about that man. I have never seen that problem. Does anybody else know how?

Poocho93
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi, I'm planning on flashing a new ROM to my dna, but I'm scared of wiping my Internal Storage by accident... Just so I can make sure when I follow your steps... Will it wipe my Internal storage??? Pics and stuff... And if not which option will do that so I know which one to stay away from...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

madc321
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Little help plz

Quote:
1. Sorry I didn't mean to put complete at the beginning of ROM.zip and no you do not need to rename the ROM zip file
2. To avoid confusing anybody, please ignore the boot.img file inside of the ROM
3. If you read the whole guide you will know exactly what to do with CWM file and every other file
4. It is unfortunately an annoying process to root this phone. However if you follow the guide completely you will have root. I'm not sure about a batch process for the DNA, sorry. It makes it very hard that we can't write to system easily, if and only if we gain this access will we be able to pack the the files which installs the su binary and busybox in to the kernels like you would find with other phones such as Samsung etc. Then you would be able to just flash a kernel and have root, without installing a custom ROM. (I could be wrong and would like further education here from other users as there might in fact be a file flashable through fastboot or recovery that gives you root and nothing else, I simply don't know about this file)
If I was a stupid and deleted Os there so now all I have access to is twrp and fastboot how do I get the new rom on the phone please help me out here I am stuck