OP ailai55

18th September 2012, 06:46 AM   |  #11  
Flag Tempe
Thanks Meter: 397

822 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhollender

Where does the magnet need to touch? I tried this on stock with a magnet and I can't get it to do anything.

You can find the magnet location on the dock with a piece of iron, it is around the track pad, right side if I remember right.
18th September 2012, 08:25 AM   |  #12  
Flag Oslo
Thanks Meter: 7

84 posts
Ah, sweet! I've got to modify my own case too now! I believe I've found the perfect sized magnet for this purpose.
I first started off disassembling some broken earbuds, but the magnet was too weak. Then i recalled having a spare-part-laptop lying around, so I tore out the built in speakers and made my way to the magnets. And look at that!
Last edited by Immorten; 18th September 2012 at 08:42 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Immorten For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th September 2012, 08:26 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 185

696 posts
Donate to Me
More
in the stock rom the magnetic sensor is disabled unless the dock is connected. Its a stupid setup that Asus did and was changed in the custom rom.

Hopefully this clears some problems for people.
The Following User Says Thank You to pileot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th September 2012, 01:05 PM   |  #14  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10

54 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immorten

Ah, sweet! I've got to modify my own case too now! I believe I've found the perfect sized magnet for this purpose.
I first started off disassembling some broken earbuds, but the magnet was too weak. Then i recalled having a spare-part-laptop lying around, so I tore out the built in speakers and made my way to the magnets. And look at that!

It seems like your magnet is bigger than mine.
Is it too strong ? Like mine, when I fold the cover back the magnet still has effect on the tablet.
18th September 2012, 01:32 PM   |  #15  
Flag Oslo

84 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ailai55

It seems like your magnet is bigger than mine.
Is it too strong ? Like mine, when I fold the cover back the magnet still has effect on the tablet.

Crap... Haha. I didn't check that! It seems it's too strong, yeah. Well, I'll continue the search then!
18th September 2012, 02:16 PM   |  #16  
Flag Oslo

84 posts
Now, I've popped open an old Nokia and SE to test the magnets in the speakers. I've also ripped apart another headset, and all of the magnets will lock the pad from behind. I am attaching an image of the 1st magnet I tried compared to two smaller that are still too strong..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1347974175597.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	1335679  
Last edited by Immorten; 18th September 2012 at 02:56 PM.
21st February 2013, 11:58 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Okay so the magnet thing had been figured out, is there a way to patch the stock rom or fool it somehow to enable the magnet feature?
21st February 2013, 04:33 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 38

320 posts
So if it's disabled in stock ROM, can't it be enabled in third party ROMs? I haven't seen anything about it in any of the ROM discussions on here.
22nd February 2013, 01:37 AM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Its not that its disabled in stock rom, its disabled when theres no keyboard. it becomes enabled when the keyboard is connected. So I would think it could be enabled simply by modding the stock rom. Im no programmer but i doubt it would be difficult, just a matter of finding where the code is..
11th July 2013, 08:26 AM   |  #20  
Flag Louisville KY
Thanks Meter: 36

308 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ailai55

Finally solved this problem and can uninstall Awesome on/off.
UPDATE : for right now it does not work with stock ROM.

Tablet :tf700
ROM: Unofficial JB4.11

http://youtu.be/_BUQ8xFcoGI

im running cromi x. it might work with mine, but i have no idea where to put magnet at. i don't have a keyboard dock. can someone let me know so i can experiment too?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread