Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[HOW TO] Install the Ubuntu Touch Developer Preview on the Nexus 10

OP qbking77

22nd February 2013, 02:24 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Elgin, IL
Thanks Meter: 5,183

2,697 posts
Donate to Me
More
I've made a video showing how to install the dev preview for Ubuntu on the Nexus 10. This is not a daily driver, but is cool to check out.
I will get a review video up later tonight!

How to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y5C66BOPbs

Full Review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjzLri2sfaY
Last edited by qbking77; 22nd February 2013 at 06:27 AM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to qbking77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2013, 02:49 AM   |  #2  
San Diego
Thanks Meter: 2

50 posts
More
This looks great. Can't wait to see how the finished product looks like!
25th February 2013, 04:40 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

21 posts
Beat city
Still upset that it isnt available for cdma........ Why ubuntu i had hoped to have a rason to not hate you. Well im still waiting.....
1st March 2013, 04:24 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 17

196 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5imp7y

Still upset that it isnt available for cdma........ Why ubuntu i had hoped to have a rason to not hate you. Well im still waiting.....

Well that's your problem right there. CDMA. That has so many stipulations and all that stuff around it. THATS why. I don't blame them for not supporting it.
1st August 2013, 05:34 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1,329

5,410 posts
More
http://www.ubuntu.com/tablet Sorry to bring up an old thread but i didnt want to make a new one. Anyways i was interested in ubuntu because it looked so smooth and awesome. I was just wondering is there going to be an official build for the nexus 10? Is there even another version released since the preview? That link i posted at the beginning of this post shows the nexus 10 is the tablet they have pictures of on. The website wasnt very clear if there was anything out yet or not. Also would android apps work with ubuntu? Just a couple questions sorry for hijacking the thread but thought it would fit here. Anybody else interested in it and have more info? if there is then ill make a new thread in general for discussion.
The Following User Says Thank You to abdel12345 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd August 2013, 08:12 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Why do you need to know that?
Thanks Meter: 1,122

2,933 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdel12345

http://www.ubuntu.com/tablet Sorry to bring up an old thread but i didnt want to make a new one. Anyways i was interested in ubuntu because it looked so smooth and awesome. I was just wondering is there going to be an official build for the nexus 10? Is there even another version released since the preview? That link i posted at the beginning of this post shows the nexus 10 is the tablet they have pictures of on. The website wasnt very clear if there was anything out yet or not. Also would android apps work with ubuntu? Just a couple questions sorry for hijacking the thread but thought it would fit here. Anybody else interested in it and have more info? if there is then ill make a new thread in general for discussion.

Okay I'll answer for you then

Let's start:
Quote:

I was just wondering is there going to be an official build for the nexus 10?

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Install - You can find images for Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 and Galaxy Nexus there! Nexus 10 is already one of the devices that will receive official support ! Just remembering that it's not usable yet! I installed some days ago and it was still laggy and sluggish, at least for me :s

Quote:

Also would android apps work with ubuntu?

As answered already many times on Ubuntu Q&A: No! Ubuntu bases on Android kernel (which is also based on Linux kernel), but has many different things, including Dalvik (correct me if I'm wrong please), so it won't run the android apps.

Quote:

Anybody else interested in it and have more info? if there is then ill make a new thread in general for discussion.

That is a nice idea IMO . Just be sure there's no other thread like that already .

Hope this covers up things for you
3rd August 2013, 04:39 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1,329

5,410 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxLordxX

Okay I'll answer for you then

Let's start:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Install - You can find images for Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 and Galaxy Nexus there! Nexus 10 is already one of the devices that will receive official support ! Just remembering that it's not usable yet! I installed some days ago and it was still laggy and sluggish, at least for me :s

As answered already many times on Ubuntu Q&A: No! Ubuntu bases on Android kernel (which is also based on Linux kernel), but has many different things, including Dalvik (correct me if I'm wrong please), so it won't run the android apps.

That is a nice idea IMO . Just be sure there's no other thread like that already .

Hope this covers up things for you

OK thanks that was really helpful. I figured android apps wouldn't work after reading more about it. Anyways the interface looks amazing in the video and they said it is really easy for developers to get their apps working on Ubuntu as well so once the final build is released im going to install it for sure. It would be awesome if we could dual boot it once its ready. My xperia play phone has a kernel for it that can multiboot GB,ICS, and jellybean thanks to cosmicdan. It'd be awesome if we could get that working on the nexus 10. I think I'll make a discussion thread so I don't hijack this thread and spam it, but first I'll search to make sure there already isn't one

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app
9th July 2014, 03:01 AM   |  #8  
Flag Cape Town
Thanks Meter: 72

181 posts
More
Its sad that they've dropped support for our device

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread