Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,461 Members 47,150 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][HOWTO]TW Launcher with different grid sizes

Tip us?

TTaylor_
Old
(Last edited by TTaylor_; 19th February 2013 at 06:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Default App Launcher Icon

Can anyone tell me how to manipulate the size of the "App" icon? It's the only thing I can't solve?

IndicaForest
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Re: [MOD][HOWTO]TW Launcher with different grid sizes

Get nova launcher pro and go into the settings. You can change the icon size through there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

TTaylor_
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndicaForest View Post
Get nova launcher pro and go into the settings. You can change the icon size through there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
....Thanks bro, this is a Touchwiz thread though.. Prefer to keep the decent UI of TW or LG. 3rd party launchers are garbage IMO.

martyh1
Old
(Last edited by martyh1; 22nd February 2013 at 03:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 13
Ok. Must have not read this through or did something wrong. This really hosed my Note 2. I had my note 2 rooted but no custom recovery. It has the first update (that includes multi-view). I tried renaming SecLauncher2.apk and then copied over the SecLauncher2.4x5.apk and renamed it to SecLauncher2.apk. I didn't change permissions. I hit the home button and it waited a few seconds, then rebooted. Now its stuck at the Samsung logo. Suggestions? I had a note I before and the typical 3 finger and 2 finger combo on boot aren't working. I'm really hosed here.

update: Fixed it. That was scary. Won't mess with this mod again, at least not for a while. Learned a few things in the process though: The key combos are different than the note 1. You can get to adb shell if you're booted into the stock recovery. Once in there, I could restore the files they way they were before (i.e. mv SecLauncher2save.apk SecLauncher2.apk after renaming that SecLauncher2.apk). After coming up the first time, the launcher was set back to defaults, so I'll have to set up my launcher again, but it's a small price to pay.

garyd9
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh1 View Post
Ok. Must have not read this through or did something wrong..
It sounds like your error was using one of the attached examples instead if doing the mod yourself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Donations: I don't accept donations, but if you are feeling charitable, help a child by going to http://www.shrinershospitalsforchildren.org/
and click the "Donate Now" link at the top.

martyh1
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyd9 View Post
It sounds like your error was using one of the attached examples instead if doing the mod yourself.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Yes, that's what I did. My mistake (I guess). I think it might be better to remove those attachments, though, since the possibility to really mess up your phone with those is fairly high IMO. And the purpose of the thread seems to be to make those mods yourself anyway. (Again, my mistake for taking the short cut).

IndicaForest
Old
Thanks Meter 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTaylor_ View Post
....Thanks bro, this is a Touchwiz thread though.. Prefer to keep the decent UI of TW or LG. 3rd party launchers are garbage IMO.
I dont blame you, man. Im rockin TW right now too haha. Other than nova though thats the only thing I can think of to change the icon size.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

sling
Old
Thanks Meter 931

DONATE TO ME
Gary
Thanks much for providing info getting me on the right track to 5x6 grid perfection
T-Mobile Galaxy S5 G900T
ROOT: CF-Auto-Root (HERE)
RECOVERY: [klte][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch (HERE)
ROM:BeansTown106 - G900TUVU1ANCH 4,4,2 STOCK DEODEX (HERE)
[SlingMods]
ATT Data Icons-v1 (HERE)
SMS/MMS Screen Wake Control-v1 (HERE)

hednik
Old
Thanks Meter 708

DONATE TO ME
worked perfectly on at&t i747 . Thank you !
Click thanks if you think I helped you.

Samsung Captivate - CM 11
AT&T Galaxy SII - SHOstock
AT&T Galaxy SII Skyrocket - DEAD
AT&T Galaxy S4 - Beanstalk 4.4 - MDL
MOTO G - Stock

COOK/HACK of BLiNDrom and T-motion RoM

aggie6600
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I did this mod on my stock rooted L900 and added auto rotation. Worked great.

I'm running stock rooted which means odexed.
First thing was deodexing SecLauncher2.apk using Univeral Deodexer from abcdjdj

After that I followed the OP instructions, but I really wanted the launcher to auto rotate as well. So I went to res/values/integers.xml and under resources I changed screenOrientation from 1 to 3
<integer name="config_screenOrientation">1</integer> -> <integer name="config_screenOrientation">3</integer>

Changing the cell values for landscape was really common sense after changing the portrait values. Icon labels get a little truncated in landscape mode, but with some tweaks I am sure I could get it right.
Phones:
i500 -> PPC 6600 -> PPC 6700 -> Touch -> Hero -> Evo 4G - CM7 -> Galaxy Nexus LTE -> Galaxy Note 2
Tablets:
Nook Color - CM7 -> TF101 - Revolver -> Nexus 7