5,600,664 Members 36,027 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Data Throttling (Unlimited plan)

Tip us?

privatewarrior1
Old
(Last edited by privatewarrior1; 21st February 2013 at 01:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 23
maybe we should jump ship to tmo.

Bajanman
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3831

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Data Throttling (Unlimited plan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by privatewarrior1 View Post
maybe we should jump ship to tmo.
I've had TMO b4, and wow the service was crappy well in my area. But maybe they have upgraded there network since then. I luv my AT&T speed! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

I CAN'T PROMISE to fix all your problems but I CAN PROMISEyou won't face them alone.

[How To][Guide] Att Apn List

privatewarrior1
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajanman View Post
I've had TMO b4, and wow the service was crappy well in my area. But maybe they have upgraded there network since then. I luv my AT&T speed! Lol

yeah I just read an article. they were rated the fastest in the US. But tmo is coming up though...

I was wondering what if I download movies and large files on the phone...do you think their system will mistake it for tethering?

Bajanman
Old
Thanks Meter 3831

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by privatewarrior1 View Post
yeah I just read an article. they were rated the fastest in the US. But tmo is coming up though...

I was wondering what if I download movies and large files on the phone...do you think their system will mistake it for tethering?
I don't think so! Because I always download movies on mine. Some are like 2+ gigs. Haven't got any notice from AT&T... And most are blu-ray quality. You can find what ever your looking for. I use Adownloader :thumbup:! It's in the Play store. Check it out if you don't have it.
Just my 2

I CAN'T PROMISE to fix all your problems but I CAN PROMISEyou won't face them alone.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bajanman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

borijess
Old
Thanks Meter 785

Quote:
I don't think so! Because I always download movies on mine. Some are like 2+ gigs. Haven't got any notice from AT&T... And most are blu-ray quality. You can find what ever your looking for. I use Adownloader :thumbup:! It's in the Play store. Check it out if you don't have it.
Just my 2

Can they track you with this app? If u use LTE don't want to get notice from riaa.

Sent from the TermiNOTEr 2!

Bajanman
Old
Thanks Meter 3831

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by borijess View Post
Can they track you with this app? If u use LTE don't want to get notice from riaa.

Sent from the TermiNOTEr 2!
I haven't got anything (notice). From riaa?
But I download some ota when I'm on the road and at home over WiFi.

projectdownset
Old
Thanks Meter 7

I used to get throttled every month but the last few I think they forgot about me!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361521471279.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	1750896  

Mad383Max
Old
Thanks Meter 143

Just as a reference. I USE At&t VV and tether through a custom rom and also used Foxfi before on stock rom. Have yet to receive the tethering message. I don't use it for downloading gbs of data though but have been tethered for 5 hours non stop.

Sent from the Millennium Falcon
Coming from a Galaxy far, far away!

privatewarrior1
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectdownset View Post
I used to get throttled every month but the last few I think they forgot about me!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

yeah it seems they forgot about all of us. I think their policy with respect to tethering is changing. Maybe it costs them tons of money to manage the program. or maybe they will follow Verizon suit and stop subsidizing phones for unlimited data customers.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Just my 2

will do...thanks

Bajanman
Old
Thanks Meter 3831

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad383Max View Post
Just as a reference. I USE At&t VV and tether through a custom rom and also used Foxfi before on stock rom. Have yet to receive the tethering message. I don't use it for downloading gbs of data though but have been tethered for 5 hours non stop.

Sent from the Millennium Falcon
What it is; is that I was told by an AT&T mgr. That if you use it but don't use it to do crazy things like downloading a movie or any type of large files. You'll b fine, that's probably why you haven't got any notice. But soon as someone goes crazy and uses a bunch of data, while tethering and AT&T notices it. Then they will send out a msg.
Kinda like when I went over board and used my phone to play Xbox live.:screwy: Bad bad move, next day text msg came. We're going to sign you up for a tethering plan if you continue tethering. so I stopped using it for awhile!!

So if we use it wisely, then I think they'll forget about us all together. Lol
Just my 2