Data Throttling (Unlimited plan)

20th February 2013, 08:36 PM   |  #111  
Thanks Meter: 24

182 posts
maybe we should jump ship to tmo.
Last edited by privatewarrior1; 21st February 2013 at 01:08 PM.
21st February 2013, 06:58 PM   |  #112  
Re: Data Throttling (Unlimited plan)
Quote:
Originally Posted by privatewarrior1

maybe we should jump ship to tmo.

I've had TMO b4, and wow the service was crappy well in my area. But maybe they have upgraded there network since then. I luv my AT&T speed! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
22nd February 2013, 02:51 AM   |  #113  

182 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajanman

I've had TMO b4, and wow the service was crappy well in my area. But maybe they have upgraded there network since then. I luv my AT&T speed! Lol

yeah I just read an article. they were rated the fastest in the US. But tmo is coming up though...

I was wondering what if I download movies and large files on the phone...do you think their system will mistake it for tethering?
22nd February 2013, 04:01 AM   |  #114  
Quote:
Originally Posted by privatewarrior1

yeah I just read an article. they were rated the fastest in the US. But tmo is coming up though...

I was wondering what if I download movies and large files on the phone...do you think their system will mistake it for tethering?

I don't think so! Because I always download movies on mine. Some are like 2+ gigs. Haven't got any notice from AT&T... And most are blu-ray quality. You can find what ever your looking for. I use Adownloader :thumbup:! It's in the Play store. Check it out if you don't have it.
Just my 2

The Following User Says Thank You to Bajanman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2013, 06:47 AM   |  #115  
Thanks Meter: 831

5,537 posts
Quote:

I don't think so! Because I always download movies on mine. Some are like 2+ gigs. Haven't got any notice from AT&T... And most are blu-ray quality. You can find what ever your looking for. I use Adownloader :thumbup:! It's in the Play store. Check it out if you don't have it.
Just my 2

Can they track you with this app? If u use LTE don't want to get notice from riaa.

Sent from the TermiNOTEr 2!
22nd February 2013, 07:51 AM   |  #116  
Quote:
Originally Posted by borijess

Can they track you with this app? If u use LTE don't want to get notice from riaa.

Sent from the TermiNOTEr 2!

I haven't got anything (notice). From riaa?
But I download some ota when I'm on the road and at home over WiFi.

22nd February 2013, 08:25 AM   |  #117  
Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 7

77 posts
More
I used to get throttled every month but the last few I think they forgot about me!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361521471279.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	1750896  
22nd February 2013, 10:56 AM   |  #118  
Thanks Meter: 145

787 posts
Just as a reference. I USE At&t VV and tether through a custom rom and also used Foxfi before on stock rom. Have yet to receive the tethering message. I don't use it for downloading gbs of data though but have been tethered for 5 hours non stop.

Sent from the Millennium Falcon
22nd February 2013, 12:38 PM   |  #119  

182 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectdownset

I used to get throttled every month but the last few I think they forgot about me!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

yeah it seems they forgot about all of us. I think their policy with respect to tethering is changing. Maybe it costs them tons of money to manage the program. or maybe they will follow Verizon suit and stop subsidizing phones for unlimited data customers.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Quote:

Just my 2

will do...thanks
22nd February 2013, 04:52 PM   |  #120  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad383Max

Just as a reference. I USE At&t VV and tether through a custom rom and also used Foxfi before on stock rom. Have yet to receive the tethering message. I don't use it for downloading gbs of data though but have been tethered for 5 hours non stop.

Sent from the Millennium Falcon

What it is; is that I was told by an AT&T mgr. That if you use it but don't use it to do crazy things like downloading a movie or any type of large files. You'll b fine, that's probably why you haven't got any notice. But soon as someone goes crazy and uses a bunch of data, while tethering and AT&T notices it. Then they will send out a msg.
Kinda like when I went over board and used my phone to play Xbox live.:screwy: Bad bad move, next day text msg came. We're going to sign you up for a tethering plan if you continue tethering. so I stopped using it for awhile!!

So if we use it wisely, then I think they'll forget about us all together. Lol
Just my 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in AT&T Galaxy Note II General by ThreadRank