Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,661 Members 44,620 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][Feb 22] UI MODs for Virtuous ROM (No Battery Icon/Centre Clock/No AMPM....)

Tip us?

v-b-n
Old
(Last edited by v-b-n; 17th March 2013 at 03:20 AM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 728

DONATE TO ME
Talking [MOD][Feb 22] UI MODs for Virtuous ROM (No Battery Icon/Centre Clock/No AMPM....)

THESE WILL MOST LIKELY BREAK YOUR % OR OTHER MODs . BEST IS TO EDIT THE FILES MANUALLY (AS DESCRIBED BELOW) IF YOU HAVE ADDITIONAL MODS.

Once again to emphasize, the ZIPs attached are for X920D version of Virtuous DNA+ v1 ROM Only. I have not tested on other versions!

ALL DOWNLOADS HERE -> http://vps.rana.sg/x920d/Virtuous_MODs/
Revert SystemUI to Stock -> Here

MOD 1 - Remove Battery Icon from Status Bar (SystemUI_HideBattery.zip)
This technique applies to ALL Sense ROMs, however, the zip file attached is specific to Virtuous ROM v1 for x920d variant.

This will remove the ugly green battery icon totally from the Status Bar. Then you can use your own apps to show battery % etc and it looks very clean imo.

Quote:
Quote:
Manual Steps

File to modify - /system/app/SystemUI.apk

Tools needed - 7zip

Steps -
1. Copy over your SystemUI.apk to your Computer
2. Open (Do not extract) using 7zip
3. Browse to folder "/res/drawable"
4. Delete files "stat_sys_battery.xml" & "stat_sys_battery_charge.xml" (Keep backup if you like)
5. Close 7zip (No option to save, etc.. just close the application)
6. Either push this SystemUI.apk file back to your phone or best is to download one of my zips below, open using 7zip and then copy over your SystemUI.apk overwriting the one in the zip. Then simply flash in CWM or TWRP.

All Done !
Removes Battery Icon, rest is Stock

MOD 2 - Remove AM/PM From Status Bar Clock (SystemUI_HideBattery_HideAMPM.zip)

This mod removes the AM/PM totally from the Status Bar Clock.

Quote:
Quote:
Steps -
1. Need to extract /system/app/SystemUI.apk to your computer and decompile with your favourite tool
2. Edit file - smali/com/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/Clock.smali (I use Notepad++)
3. Change 1st instance of const/4 v0, 0x1 to const/4 v0, 0x2
4. Save file and recompile the apk
5. Push apk back onto phone
1. Removes AM/PM from StatusBar
2. Removes Battery Icon
3. Enables Stock JB Style Multitasking

MOD 3 - Centre Status Bar Clock Combo (Virtuous_v1_SystemUI_Modded.zip)

This mod centres the Status Bar Clock. This zip also incorporates all the above MODs in it.

Quote:
Quote:
Steps -
1. Need to extract /system/app/SystemUI.apk to your computer and decompile with your favourite tool
2. Edit file - res/layout/status_bar.xml (I use Notepad++)
3. Find the first "LinearLayout Area".
4. Remove everything between the 2 LinearLayout tags (Only the first one, not the ticker ones)
5. Add following between the tags :

Code:
      <RelativeLayout android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.StatusBarIconView android:id="@id/moreIcon" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/stat_notify_more" />
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.IconMerger android:layout_toRightOf="@id/moreIcon" android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/notificationIcons" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" />
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:layout_centerInParent="true" android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock" android:textColor="@*android:color/white" android:gravity="center" android:id="@id/clock" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />
            <ImageView android:id="@id/battery" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_alignParentRight="true" />
            <include android:id="@id/signal_cluster" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" layout="@layout/signal_cluster_view" android:layout_toLeftOf="@id/battery" />
			<LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/statusIcons" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:gravity="center_vertical" android:layout_toLeftOf="@id/signal_cluster" />
      </RelativeLayout>
4. Save file and recompile the apk
5. Push apk back onto phone
1. Removes AM/PM from StatusBar
2. Removes Battery Icon
3. Enables Stock JB Style Multitasking
4. Centres Statusbar Clock
Current Devices : HTC One, iPhone 5
Retired : HTC Diamond2, HTC HD2, HTC Sensation XE, HTC Sensation XL 16GB, Motorola Razr, Galaxy S2, Galaxy Note, Xperia S, Xperia V, HOX+, HTC Butterfly, Galaxy S4
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to v-b-n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

v-b-n
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 728

DONATE TO ME
Added Combo Mod -
1. Remove Battery Icon
2. Remove AM/PM
3. Centre Statusbar Clock
4. JB Style Multitasking
Current Devices : HTC One, iPhone 5
Retired : HTC Diamond2, HTC HD2, HTC Sensation XE, HTC Sensation XL 16GB, Motorola Razr, Galaxy S2, Galaxy Note, Xperia S, Xperia V, HOX+, HTC Butterfly, Galaxy S4
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to v-b-n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

D-Hitam
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Battery icon

can you tell me how to move the battery icon to the left side of status bar?? i edited the status_bar.xml with no luck.. i followed this <ImageView android:id="@id/battery" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_alignParentRight="true" /> but no luck either.

bjbruno0505
Old
Thanks Meter 0
amazing, thank you!