UHS-I [Ultra High Speed] microSDHC card

20th February 2013, 01:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 30

78 posts
More
I ordered a samsung microsdhc 32gb class 10 card but I received a samsung plus UHS-I Card. Does anyone use an UltraHighSpeed Card ? I would like to know if this speed class is compatible with our razr i before I open it. Because if not, I will send it back to get the proper one I've ordered.
Thanx.
20th February 2013, 01:49 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadzio

I ordered a samsung microsdhc 32gb class 10 card but I received a samsung plus UHS-I Card. Does anyone use an UltraHighSpeed Card ? I would like to know if this speed class is compatible with our razr i before I open it. Because if not, I will send it back to get the proper one I've ordered.
Thanx.

Hi there, I'm currently using a Sandisk Ultra 16GB MicroSD HCI card fine with no problem
The Following User Says Thank You to JKDaniels For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2013, 02:00 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

78 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKDaniels

Hi there, I'm currently using a Sandisk Ultra 16GB MicroSD HCI card fine with no problem

Hi ! thanx for your reply. Does there any difference between an HCI and an UHS-I ? Coz I can't find any info regarding HCI
20th February 2013, 03:28 PM   |  #4  

16 posts
Quote:

Hi ! thanx for your reply. Does there any difference between an HCI and an UHS-I ? Coz I can't find any info regarding HCI

Yeah I'm not sure on the difference myself but going by the sandisk website they call it a UHS-I card so I'd guess its the same standard

www sandisk.co.uk/products/memory-cards/microsd/ultra-class10-for-android/?capacity=16GB

(I'm not allowed to post links yet )
20th February 2013, 03:38 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

78 posts
More
Quote:

Yeah I'm not sure on the difference myself but going by the sandisk website they call it a UHS-I card so I'd guess its the same standard

www sandisk.co.uk/products/memory-cards/microsd/ultra-class10-for-android/?capacity=16GB

(I'm not allowed to post links yet )

Yeah, looks the same. Thank you. One last thing, when you use it for the first time, did you used the razr I to format it or not ?
20th February 2013, 04:24 PM   |  #6  

16 posts
Quote:

Yeah, looks the same. Thank you. One last thing, when you use it for the first time, did you used the razr I to format it or not ?

I think I did, well I'm pretty sure it does it itself when it mounts the SD card for the first time, but don't quote me on that
20th February 2013, 06:59 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 114

670 posts
More
Quote:

I think I did, well I'm pretty sure it does it itself when it mounts the SD card for the first time, but don't quote me on that

Because I was migrating from a class 6 to a UHS-1 I simply dumped the card contents to a folder on PC, and transferred everything - so the formatting was handled by the PC. If you were to let the device handled it.

If you were to let the device format it and used it to copy any existing content over you'd be using horribly slow MTP - much better off with a card reader.
The Following User Says Thank You to batwingnz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2013, 07:38 PM   |  #8  
Flag Bologna
Thanks Meter: 57

178 posts
R: UHS-I [Ultra High Speed] microSDHC card
Hi,

transfer benchmark noticed samsung 32Gb class 10 UHS 1 to be x3 times faster than SanDisk uhs 1 (both found and bought on Amazon from hongkong affiliated shop)

bye

Sent from my XT890 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Quote:

Thanx.

There must be 2 symbols:
- a U with a 1 inside
- a circle indicating the class
it must be at least 10

Sent from my XT890 using xda app-developers app
22nd February 2013, 10:22 AM   |  #9  
OP Member

78 posts
More
I confirm that the Samsung microsdhc Plus UHS-1 32gb class 10 works great on the phone. I made a bench yesterday and got 11.9 for R/W
19th March 2013, 06:22 PM   |  #10  
Flag Planet Jupiter
Thanks Meter: 20

138 posts
More
Re: UHS-I [Ultra High Speed] microSDHC card
SanDisk Ultra class10 64GB...Read: 22MB Write: 12MB...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread