Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,079 Members 54,625 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

UHS-I [Ultra High Speed] microSDHC card

Tip us?

gadzio
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Question UHS-I [Ultra High Speed] microSDHC card

I ordered a samsung microsdhc 32gb class 10 card but I received a samsung plus UHS-I Card. Does anyone use an UltraHighSpeed Card ? I would like to know if this speed class is compatible with our razr i before I open it. Because if not, I will send it back to get the proper one I've ordered.
Thanx.
Motorola Razr XT890 4.1.2 Stock
~deviantART

JKDaniels
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadzio View Post
I ordered a samsung microsdhc 32gb class 10 card but I received a samsung plus UHS-I Card. Does anyone use an UltraHighSpeed Card ? I would like to know if this speed class is compatible with our razr i before I open it. Because if not, I will send it back to get the proper one I've ordered.
Thanx.
Hi there, I'm currently using a Sandisk Ultra 16GB MicroSD HCI card fine with no problem
The Following User Says Thank You to JKDaniels For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gadzio
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKDaniels View Post
Hi there, I'm currently using a Sandisk Ultra 16GB MicroSD HCI card fine with no problem
Hi ! thanx for your reply. Does there any difference between an HCI and an UHS-I ? Coz I can't find any info regarding HCI
~deviantART

JKDaniels
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Hi ! thanx for your reply. Does there any difference between an HCI and an UHS-I ? Coz I can't find any info regarding HCI
Yeah I'm not sure on the difference myself but going by the sandisk website they call it a UHS-I card so I'd guess its the same standard

www sandisk.co.uk/products/memory-cards/microsd/ultra-class10-for-android/?capacity=16GB

(I'm not allowed to post links yet )
The Following User Says Thank You to JKDaniels For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gadzio
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Yeah I'm not sure on the difference myself but going by the sandisk website they call it a UHS-I card so I'd guess its the same standard

www sandisk.co.uk/products/memory-cards/microsd/ultra-class10-for-android/?capacity=16GB

(I'm not allowed to post links yet )
Yeah, looks the same. Thank you. One last thing, when you use it for the first time, did you used the razr I to format it or not ?
~deviantART

JKDaniels
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Yeah, looks the same. Thank you. One last thing, when you use it for the first time, did you used the razr I to format it or not ?
I think I did, well I'm pretty sure it does it itself when it mounts the SD card for the first time, but don't quote me on that

batwingnz
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Quote:
I think I did, well I'm pretty sure it does it itself when it mounts the SD card for the first time, but don't quote me on that
Because I was migrating from a class 6 to a UHS-1 I simply dumped the card contents to a folder on PC, and transferred everything - so the formatting was handled by the PC. If you were to let the device handled it.

If you were to let the device format it and used it to copy any existing content over you'd be using horribly slow MTP - much better off with a card reader.
The Following User Says Thank You to batwingnz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dskies
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Default R: UHS-I [Ultra High Speed] microSDHC card

Hi,

transfer benchmark noticed samsung 32Gb class 10 UHS 1 to be x3 times faster than SanDisk uhs 1 (both found and bought on Amazon from hongkong affiliated shop)

bye

Sent from my XT890 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Thanx.
There must be 2 symbols:
- a U with a 1 inside
- a circle indicating the class
it must be at least 10

Sent from my XT890 using xda app-developers app

I don't know where I'm going but I'm on my Nexus

gadzio
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
I confirm that the Samsung microsdhc Plus UHS-1 32gb class 10 works great on the phone. I made a bench yesterday and got 11.9 for R/W
~deviantART

TrippleT
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Default Re: UHS-I [Ultra High Speed] microSDHC card

SanDisk Ultra class10 64GB...Read: 22MB Write: 12MB...