Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,752 Members 39,478 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How fast is this phone using launchers?

Tip us?

omnius1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 157
Default How fast is this phone using launchers?

The reason I'm asking is that I've tried this phone in the store as well as watched the video reviews and yes, the UI is really, really fast and smooth.
I'm curious if anyone has installed a 3rd party Launcher, like Nova or something without being rooted and noticed how the speed is after they did that?

mhoss48
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Default Re: How fast is this phone using launchers?

Just try any, non of them require root l. I think your phone will handle them perfectly

Sent from my HTC One X

hondaguy
Old
Thanks Meter 28
It depends on the settings you use, but I am using nova and it is very fast and very smooth. The only reason I am using it instead of stock is so I can double press the home key and have the notification bar drop down. Saves me having to try to reach for it all the time
-------------------------------------

Sony XPERIA Z2

-------------------------------------

HTC M8

--------------------------------------

phoenix_rizzen
Old
Thanks Meter 192
I use Go Launcher Ex with most of the bells and whistles enabled, and it's buttery smooth on stock 4.0.4, stock 4.1.2, and CM 10.1 (4.2.1).

Switched to Go to get more than 4 columns of icons, nicer icons, nicer themes, nicer animations.

Omega Supreme
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I use holo launcher and its just as smooth as the stock ics launcher.

Nokevah
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by omnius1 View Post
The reason I'm asking is that I've tried this phone in the store as well as watched the video reviews and yes, the UI is really, really fast and smooth.
I'm curious if anyone has installed a 3rd party Launcher, like Nova or something without being rooted and noticed how the speed is after they did that?
I'm using Nova on the AOSP Rom and it is extremely fast.

chevro1et
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Nova Launcher on stock 4.1.2 ROM, smooth, fast, and responsive.

puma99dk|
Old
Thanks Meter 32
i sry to maybe hijack ur thread omnius1, but i also got some questions about launchers.

i got my E975 some days ago and i am thinking about trying another launcher than LG's own, but how to u set it them up and how to disable the stock one and which have the best options for modding the hell out of the homescreen?

scoobydooby
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Default Re: How fast is this phone using launchers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puma99dk

i got my E975 some days ago and i am thinking about trying another launcher than LG's own, but how to u set it them up and how to disable the stock one and which have the best options for modding the hell out of the homescreen?

Most launchers will allow you a degree pf modding the homescreen but it depends what you wish to do..
If youre looking to change stuff like fonts then the launcher wont allow this at least I havent seen it, however you can change animations, the dock, folders, icons and general theme..

I currently use a combo of apex launcher (which works with some of the existing stock widgets, unlike adw launcher for instance) and rom toolbox pro which allows for a whole bunch of customization such as boot screens, font, et

Oh and I should also mention that the speed amd performance overall using apex launcher is every bit as fast as stock if not a bit faster.

I am rooted too fyi.
LG Optimus G E973 on Bell Mobility
Rooted, Unlocked and running Carbon 4.4.2 ROM by mathsz and geokilla