Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,967 Members 47,371 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No OTA or Unlock list. Please submit.

Tip us?
 
Thats OK
Old
#71  
Thats OK's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 277
Posts: 3,091
Join Date: Jul 2012
Default I see nothing from ASUS

1. C7OKAS
2. OTA - manually updated to .26 within hours of receiving the tab.
3. Manual update - Yes
4. Firmware : .26
5. Unlock: No (scared to do it)
6. Root: No (afraid to do it)
 
paddycr
Old
#72  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 137
Posts: 582
Join Date: Jan 2012
I got my Infinity last night . After getting it out of the box the .26 and dock updates appeared almost instantly after entering my network and Google passwords. Actually, I was really surprised how quickly they were there (my connection is not that quick!). This is probably a really dumb question but were these actual OTAs downloaded from the ASUS server or is there a chance that the updates could have been put on the sdcard and installed when the tablet was first fired up?? Did everyone receive their updates so quickly?

1. C7OKAS
2. OTA - maybe (see above)
3. Manual update - No
4. Firmware : .26
5. Unlock: Not yet - waiting to see if I have a good 'un!
6. Root: Yes
 
d14b0ll0s
Old
#73  
d14b0ll0s's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 445
Posts: 1,207
Join Date: Sep 2011
The update process actually sends only the IMEI to ASUS servers, not the S/N, so unless they do another check on their side, it is even more irrelevant in this case.
 
tha_kreature
Old
#74  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 168
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddycr View Post
I got my Infinity last night . After getting it out of the box the .26 and dock updates appeared almost instantly after entering my network and Google passwords. Actually, I was really surprised how quickly they were there (my connection is not that quick!). This is probably a really dumb question but were these actual OTAs downloaded from the ASUS server or is there a chance that the updates could have been put on the sdcard and installed when the tablet was first fired up?? Did everyone receive their updates so quickly?

1. C7OKAS
2. OTA - maybe (see above)
3. Manual update - No
4. Firmware : .26
5. Unlock: Not yet - waiting to see if I have a good 'un!
6. Root: Yes
There is no sdcard with the tablet. You have to buy one.

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by d14b0ll0s View Post
The update process actually sends only the IMEI to ASUS servers, not the S/N, so unless they do another check on their side, it is even more irrelevant in this case.
The non 3G/LTE tablets do not have an IMEI.
 
paddycr
Old
#75  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 137
Posts: 582
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tha_kreature View Post
There is no sdcard with the tablet. You have to buy one.
When I said sdcard I meant /sdcard, which I am sure you know is the internal memory not /Removable/MicroSD, which is the address for an external sdcard. Confusing eh?
 
tha_kreature
Old
#76  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 168
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddycr View Post
When I said sdcard I meant /sdcard, which I am sure you know is the internal memory not /Removable/MicroSD, which is the address for an external sdcard. Confusing eh?
True, that is a stupid naming probably resulting in an attempt of being compatible.
Still, it was easy to assume you though it was the other one.
 
paddycr
Old
#77  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 137
Posts: 582
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tha_kreature View Post
True, that is a stupid naming probably resulting in an attempt of being compatible.
Still, it was easy to assume you though it was the other one.
Thank you very much for taking the time to address my question. My sincere apologies for any ambiguity in my earlier post
 
bckldwn
Old
#78  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 83
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
anyone else have C7OKAS (.26) and still can't unlock? I'm getting "an unknown error has occured, might be network connection issue, please try again later.".. something along those lines.

any ideas?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda premium
 
simplytheone
Old
#79  
simplytheone's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 94
Posts: 392
Join Date: Dec 2009
1. C7OKAS
2. OTA Update: No
3. Manual update: Yes
4. Firmware version: .26
5. Were you able to unlock: No
6. Root: Yes
 
Jokun
Old
#80  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Feb 2013
1. D1OKAS
2. OTA Update: No
3. Manual update: Yes
4. Firmware version: .25
5. Were you able to unlock: No
6. Root: Yes

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes