XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Booting to recovery won't work on tf700

Tip us?

dough30i
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Booting to recovery won't work on tf700

Im am rooted and unlocked my device. When I go into gooapp and click boot into recovery it doesn't go to recovery but instead reboot can any body tell me how fix this issue I'm having..

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

SuperSwagSauce
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by dough30i View Post
Im am rooted and unlocked my device. When I go into gooapp and click boot into recovery it doesn't go to recovery but instead reboot can any body tell me how fix this issue I'm having..

Try turning the device off then holding volume down and power button. Might be power up and volume, not sure. Then during boot when you see text in upper left corner, press volume up.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch.
GALAXY S4 | ROOTED | TWRP 6.3.0 | NO ROM YET!

Don't forget to say THANKS
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperSwagSauce For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Poser
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by dough30i View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSwagSauce View Post
Try turning the device off then holding volume down and power button. Might be power up and volume, not sure. Then during boot when you see text in upper left corner, press volume up.

The device does not yet handle the reboot to recovery command. As stated by AndroSwag, power and volume down, as soon as you see the small script, press volume up. You will see the classic android laying prone... just tap power and you will be in stock (or custom) recovery.

---------- NEXUS 5 32Vadar ----------

Dash - Decomissioned
Vibrant - indentured servitude
Galaxy S II Hercules - Now a hand me down for the peanut
GSIII SGH-T999 - Yup, sh!t is hype
GN2 SGH-T889 - WOW. (really)
GS IV SGH-M919 - deprecated...really
Nexus 5

dough30i
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSwagSauce View Post

Oh ic ic it work now appreciated man...

rayman2k1
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I already have this question up as part of a different issue/question in another thread, but thought I'd double down my chances of getting a response:

I'm on the .30 bootloader; do the newer BLs (eg. 10.44.25) implement Reboot to Recovery functionality? Or is this not related to the BL?

gennro
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayman2k1 View Post
I already have this question up as part of a different issue/question in another thread, but thought I'd double down my chances of getting a response:

I'm on the .30 bootloader; do the newer BLs (eg. 10.44.25) implement Reboot to Recovery functionality? Or is this not related to the BL?
I know I am running 10.4.4.25 with CROMI 3.3 and TWRP and I can reboot into recovery just fine (without having to do the power button + volume).

buhohitr
Old
Thanks Meter 1459
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayman2k1 View Post

Yes. If you have stock rom you need to be rooted and download an app called rebooter, this app has options where you can boot to recovery. If you are running custom rom this same app will help you to do the same.

rayman2k1
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr View Post
Yes. If you have stock rom you need to be rooted and download an app called rebooter, this app has options where you can boot to recovery. If you are running custom rom this same app will help you to do the same.
I can now reboot into recovery without the use of the app (I hear people have bricked their tabs with it). Anyways, the 10.xx.xx bootloader was the missing piece. With the new CM10.1 builds, I don't have the reboot context menu (I'm sure it can be configured to show reboot into recovery, etc. but have been to busy to play with my tablet) but "reboot recovery" from Terminal works fine.

Thanks for all the replies.