Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,883 Members 41,511 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RUU][X920d] Stock RUU of HTC Butterfly X920d

Tip us?

v-b-n
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 733

DONATE TO ME
Ok the zip is fixed ... I will upload it as soon as I reach home, in next 3 hours or so. Link will be same.

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Interestingly I cant seem to find boot_signed.img in this update which means that needs to be added from previous update into this zip to make it a wholesome reversal to stock
Current Devices : HTC One, iPhone 5
Retired : HTC Diamond2, HTC HD2, HTC Sensation XE, HTC Sensation XL 16GB, Motorola Razr, Galaxy S2, Galaxy Note, Xperia S, Xperia V, HOX+, HTC Butterfly, Galaxy S4

donlau85
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Re: [RUU][X920d] Stock RUU of HTC Butterfly X920d

Sorry for being a noob. Just want to know the steps for unroot and relock?

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda app-developers app

deweylim
Old
Thanks Meter 4
[/COLOR]Interestingly I cant seem to find boot_signed.img in this update which means that needs to be added from previous update into this zip to make it a wholesome reversal to stock [/QUOTE]

so we can't use this?

v-b-n
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 733

DONATE TO ME

I will add the boot to the zip so it all works.. Someone will need to test though.. The boot can be flashed via fastboot anyways so shouldn't be a deal breaker

The link will be up on morning only, I am too late from office

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda premium
Retired : HTC Diamond2, HTC HD2, HTC Sensation XE, HTC Sensation XL 16GB, Motorola Razr, Galaxy S2, Galaxy Note, Xperia S, Xperia V, HOX+, HTC Butterfly, Galaxy S4
The Following User Says Thank You to v-b-n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

intania
Old
Thanks Meter 3
How to flash?

v-b-n
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 733

DONATE TO ME
OK ... I can't find any suitable signed boot image to add into this ... So have the one from a twrp backup (one version less than this Stock ROM)...should work fine.

The fixed zip is started Uploading .... will update when done.

1. Download and Rename the zip to PL99IMG.zip
2. Copy over to root of internal sdcard (/sdcard)
3. Flash the other boot.img (from boot.zip) using fastboot
4. Relock your bootloader
5. Reboot into Bootloader
6. Follow the prompts after it detects the zip
7. It should kick in the internal RUU once you select to continue on everything ...

If luck has it, you should be back to everything Stock!

Disclaimer : Try this at your risk, steps added are as per my understanding of things. Do not blame me if anything happens. Although, if something happens, it should be relatively easy to get back to custom (Unlock, Flashing, etc)

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Crap... one of the img files came out corrupted ...

mazlano27
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Thank You

Waiting patiently. Thanks!

v-b-n
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 733

DONATE TO ME
Well the zip is a messed up file ... some files extracted without error but dont think its worth trying them ... and as I mentioned before there is no boot image in this one ..

So for now, I have uploaded a System and Boot backup from TWRP which should be enough to get back to Stock if required till we get a proper OTA or RUU file

Link -> http://vps.rana.sg/x920d/Stock/
The Following User Says Thank You to v-b-n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mazlano27
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default --

I was running the virtuous rom on my phone, and when i restored the nandroid i made of the original rom, things are back. I didnt have to flash any other boot images either. Im guessing because its the version the custom rom is based on.

enyaj
Old
Thanks Meter 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazlano27 View Post
I was running the virtuous rom on my phone, and when i restored the nandroid i made of the original rom, things are back. I didnt have to flash any other boot images either. Im guessing because its the version the custom rom is based on.
Did you have to re-lock bootloader?

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using Tapatalk 2
LG G3 D855
ROM: Stock