Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,201 Members 52,204 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Connect your Note 2 to Mac OSX

Tip us?

meatlocker
Old
Thanks Meter 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieSmith View Post
could not use Android File Transfer while Kies was installed. Simply dragging the app folder (Kies) to the trash won't fix the problem either. You have to download and run the Kies installer package but choose UNINSTALL when it starts and it will clean everything up for you. (I suppose there is an agent or two for Kies that is sitting out there.)

After that, AFT works great. (remember to bump up your device lock timeout though or it will disconnect on you if it locks during a transfer!
That's why I posted this thread and am hosting the Kies file that is needed: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2035892
The Following User Says Thank You to meatlocker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheWalkingDead
Old
(Last edited by TheWalkingDead; 22nd February 2013 at 08:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieSmith View Post
could not use Android File Transfer while Kies was installed. Simply dragging the app folder (Kies) to the trash won't fix the problem either. You have to download and run the Kies installer package but choose UNINSTALL when it starts and it will clean everything up for you. (I suppose there is an agent or two for Kies that is sitting out there.)

After that, AFT works great. (remember to bump up your device lock timeout though or it will disconnect on you if it locks during a transfer!
Thanks! I just googled kies, went to the official samsung/kies website, downloaded the program for my mac, opened up the download, ran the uninstall program, once done I plugged note 2 to my macbook pro via usb and viola! It worked perfectly without having to reinstall kies.

sergani
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Re: Connect your Note 2 to Mac OSX

U r my hero!!!

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda app-developers app
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 @ Stock KK 4.4.2 + root
Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6800 @ SlimKat build 5.1 Unofficial + root
Tablet: Apple iPad Mini @ iOS 7.1 (no more)
I'm not a Tablet guy

A.Noob
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I found out that you cannot have Kies installed and android transfer installed on your Mac at the same time or else android transfer will not work.

RMXO
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 530
Yes, you can't have KIES installed for it to work. It was posted in #5 that KIES must be uninstalled. Sometimes it helps to read the whole thread when there are only a few pages to read. =)
TMO LG G3
TMO Samsung Galaxy Note 3
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2

shnn2011
Old
Thanks Meter 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMXO View Post
http://www.android.com/filetransfer/

Use that app to connect your Note 2 to Mac OSX.
Worked like a charm on mine 10.8.4

Keep your freedom.