Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,803,273 Members 44,328 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][2.04 Base][v2.2.1][680MB] Stock Rooted Deodexed Zipaligned Debloated + Extras

Tip us?

.torrented
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,474

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by desheh View Post
I'm currently on Stock+debloated+rooted+S-OFF.

I want to update using this rom. Couple of questions:
1. Is this the way to go or there's a better way?
2. will this automatically update my radio?

Thanks!
Im not quite sure what you mean in your first question but No this will not update the radio (that you have to manually do)

MicroMod777
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,930

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM][2.04.605.2][v2.2] Stock Rooted Deodexed Zipaligned Semi-Debloated + Extras

Quote:
Originally Posted by .torrented View Post
They are there I haven't removed them...

Attachment 1746476 Attachment 1746477 Attachment 1746478

Try a Fresh install maybe because they are there
Go to settings, apps, all, HTC Sense, and clear data will fix this.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to MicroMod777 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

desheh
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by .torrented View Post
Im not quite sure what you mean in your first question but No this will not update the radio (that you have to manually do)
I mean that I just want to upgrade to the new update recently released.

Is there a better/easier way to do it instead of wiping the entire device and flashing a new ROM?

And where can I find the radio?

.torrented
Old
Thanks Meter 1,474

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Is there a better/easier way to do it instead of wiping the entire device and flashing a new ROM?

Well if you want the updated ROM you have to do a full wipe and flash this (or anybody elses)

if you want the OTA Firmware you need to either take the OTA or manually flash the fimware.zip in fastboot

Nineoneo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:

If you haven't already found it, you can get the latest radio here with step-by-step instructions on how to flash it:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2155915

lazarus2297
Old
Thanks Meter 92
I think this is a great option for a stock deodexed ROM .. I personally take the ROM.zip...unzip it then remove anything I don't want in system and also put my own sounds/apps in system folder.. So for me this is the type of ROM i like to use.. every now and then I use some of the more "modded" ROMs.. but most of the time I come back to a stock version.. That said I am going back to a stock rom from the original firmware.. I do like some of the enhancements in the new 2.04 update.. like Angry Birds Star Wars HD actually works now, I can set my wifi to be on 2.4ghz only.. (as i don't use 5ghz at all) but I seem to be getting much worse battery life.. which i attribute to the stock kernel... I will flash this again once HTC releases the source kernel and devs (hopefully elkay) make it better Now I will say that I did a "dirty" flash of this ROM b/c I didn't want to format my data partition at this point, so that could attribute to the battery life..

I am in no way saying the OP's ROM gives bad battery life.

So for now I am back to the my debloated/deodexed version of the original firmware although I did update to the new radio..

Thanks again OP and I look foward to coming back to this ROM when 2.04 based kernels start popping up!!
John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

.torrented
Old
Thanks Meter 1,474

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM][2.04.605.2][v2.2] Stock Rooted Deodexed Zipaligned Semi-Debloated + Extras

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus2297 View Post
I think this is a great option for a stock deodexed ROM .. I personally take the ROM.zip...unzip it then remove anything I don't want in system and also put my own sounds/apps in system folder.. So for me this is the type of ROM i like to use.. every now and then I use some of the more "modded" ROMs.. but most of the time I come back to a stock version.. That said I am going back to a stock rom from the original firmware.. I do like some of the enhancements in the new 2.04 update.. like Angry Birds Star Wars HD actually works now, I can set my wifi to be on 2.4ghz only.. (as i don't use 5ghz at all) but I seem to be getting much worse battery life.. which i attribute to the stock kernel... I will flash this again once HTC releases the source kernel and devs (hopefully elkay) make it better Now I will say that I did a "dirty" flash of this ROM b/c I didn't want to format my data partition at this point, so that could attribute to the battery life..

I am in no way saying the OP's ROM gives bad battery life.

So for now I am back to the my debloated/deodexed version of the original firmware although I did update to the new radio..

Thanks again OP and I look foward to coming back to this ROM when 2.04 based kernels start popping up!!
Yeah its probably just the kernel, I hope htc releases source soon cause I want to play around with different things

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium HD app

soccerpro89
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default is there a way i can download the updata and keep root

can someone point me into the right direction to install the update and keep root pls

t1gartist
Old
Thanks Meter 287
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1169443 <<< thats a tutorial for boot menu changes i noticed you wanted info on changing for now you can update also is this rom on the old hboot and radio

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to t1gartist For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]