Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,429 Members 53,937 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How can i Root Optimus G on Update 97110E

Tip us?

Cyaneyed
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Arrow [Q] How can i Root Optimus G on Update 97110E

Question is basically in my title, I wish to know how / if it is even possible to root an Optimus G E971 On Rogers, im not worried about bricking, etc. i have a warranty that covers bricking.. and all that kind of ****.

I basically updated to 97110E before checking for a root.. it completely slipped my mind,

I hear theres alot of spider cracks going around on the back of the glass housing.. but needless to say, i wanna root this beast. > and im asking for your guyses help doing it! i had nothing but good help from here with my Optimus 3D (sold it needless to say it was a piece of ****)

So, Summarising, Is there a root for 97110E on Rogers? if not, Can i reflash back to stock 97110 ? thanks in advance!

Cyaneyed
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hate to bump my own bloody thread. But this is rediculous! come on. ive been waiting a week now.. -.- Doesnt ANYONE know how to root the E971??

Elisha
Old
Thanks Meter 418
Default Re: [Q] How can i Root Optimus G on Update 97110E

Yes any of the JB roots will work for the E ota.

LG Optimus G E971

Cyaneyed
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
Yes any of the JB roots will work for the E ota.

LG Optimus G E971
i did kind of figure this out the other day.. I wanna switch up to JB but the method i was using didnt seem to work, Nor Did the reflash to 97110D... the program froze and stopped working every time i tried.. im thinking its because i probably wasnt in Download mode properly..

Elisha
Old
Thanks Meter 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyaneyed View Post
i did kind of figure this out the other day.. I wanna switch up to JB but the method i was using didnt seem to work, Nor Did the reflash to 97110D... the program froze and stopped working every time i tried.. im thinking its because i probably wasnt in Download mode properly..
The program normally stops responding for a bit but that because its extracting a 1gb file. But it will resume on its own.

LG Optimus G E971/3/5

Cyaneyed
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
The program normally stops responding for a bit but that because its extracting a 1gb file. But it will resume on its own.

LG Optimus G E971/3/5
erm, No, it closes on its own. it stops responding and then closes on its own..

ATRIXXIRTA
Old
Thanks Meter 717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyaneyed View Post
erm, No, it closes on its own. it stops responding and then closes on its own..
Uninstall and reinstall. See if it works.

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk 2
Phones: Motorola Atrix 4G ---> Samsung Galaxy Nexus (temporarily) ---> LG Optimus 3d ---> Samsung Galaxy SII LTE Skyrocket ---> LG Optimus G ---> Sony Xperia ZL ---> Motorola Moto G
My Roms/Ports: CarbonRom/CarbonClash (port): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2181390
Thanks: XDA and all its members. Without you I'd still be an uneducated bumpkin complaining about my shi**y phone.