Thanks Meter 163

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: KFHD System.img Restore Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by esema1o View Post
Just make one with any usb is simple fast free here link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwwI...e_gdata_player

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Looks hella ugly but it works like a charm...EVERY TIME!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
DEVICE: White T-Mo SGS II SPL:Stock
BUILD: Darkside ICS STORAGE: 16gb Int. Mem
RECOVERY: CWM 5.8.1.3 Touch (Donated) THEME: UCLE2-R5 KERNEL: Darkside

Previous Devices:
GSM Galaxy Nexus
R'd & UL'd HTC Amaze 4G
R'd & UL'd HTC Sensation 4G
R'd & UL'd T-Mo Vibrant and Vibrant 4G
R'd HTC Evo 4G
R'd & UL'd LG G2X
R'd & UL'd HTC Vision
UL'd/Droided/R'd HTC HD2
R'd Nexus One
R'd Droid Eris
R'd Sapphire (white)
R'd Dream (black)

Krsmqn
Old
Thanks Meter 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackElvis79 View Post
Looks hella ugly but it works like a charm...EVERY TIME!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Wrap some electrical tape around that shiz and call it good. Lol.
Do you own a ZTE Source? If so, visit the ZTE Source thread!

Is your Kindle bricked? Visit the Kindle Fire First Aide thread. Get a SkOrPn Factory Cable.

BlackElvis79
Old
Thanks Meter 163

DONATE TO ME
Any chance you could add all 3 images? System, Recovery, and Boot please?
DEVICE: White T-Mo SGS II SPL:Stock
BUILD: Darkside ICS STORAGE: 16gb Int. Mem
RECOVERY: CWM 5.8.1.3 Touch (Donated) THEME: UCLE2-R5 KERNEL: Darkside

Previous Devices:
GSM Galaxy Nexus
R'd & UL'd HTC Amaze 4G
R'd & UL'd HTC Sensation 4G
R'd & UL'd T-Mo Vibrant and Vibrant 4G
R'd HTC Evo 4G
R'd & UL'd LG G2X
R'd & UL'd HTC Vision
UL'd/Droided/R'd HTC HD2
R'd Nexus One
R'd Droid Eris
R'd Sapphire (white)
R'd Dream (black)

lordmuggins
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have wasted more than enough time trying to use this tool, but I don't know if I have a driver problem or what.

I can get into FB mode fine (with the Wordart style logo appearing on my screen), but when I'm in that, Win7 gives me an "Unknown device" - despite all the correct drivers being installed.. uninstalled..installed, round and round again

I get stuck at "waiting for device".

All ADB functionality etc works as normal.. when booted up into normal mode.

Slimepuppy
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmuggins View Post
I have wasted more than enough time trying to use this tool, but I don't know if I have a driver problem or what.

I can get into FB mode fine (with the Wordart style logo appearing on my screen), but when I'm in that, Win7 gives me an "Unknown device" - despite all the correct drivers being installed.. uninstalled..installed, round and round again

I get stuck at "waiting for device".

All ADB functionality etc works as normal.. when booted up into normal mode.
A site search and/or Google search will provide you at least a dozen tutorials on installing, testing, and using ADB/Fastboot drivers. This tool works perfectly, but it cannot read our minds or put our feet on the floor for us.

Should you desire help, feel free to tell us exactly what device you're using, what software and/or boot loader might be installed, what host computer you're using, it's operating system, what drivers you're using and their source, whether there's any other Android software installed on the computer (developer tools, etc), and we'll try to guide you.

But since the problem is not with this tool, please post your request in a non-development section. Thanks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slimepuppy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

daweeze02
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Hey man I ran your tool tried option 1 and 2 but even after a restore I am still stuck in bootloop. Little background here, I was rooted with the revalpha cm10 installed. I then installed the hashcode dual boot but didn't see where it said to do it from stock amazon rom. So then it was goofed, I reflashed back to cm10 via fastboot commands etc. I even then got from CWm to TWRP and tried installing KFHD_SRT_v1.2.3 from there but it failed, tried from sideload adb as well. Any ideas from here?

xxxo
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by daweeze02 View Post
Hey man I ran your tool tried option 1 and 2 but even after a restore I am still stuck in bootloop. Little background here, I was rooted with the revalpha cm10 installed. I then installed the hashcode dual boot but didn't see where it said to do it from stock amazon rom. So then it was goofed, I reflashed back to cm10 via fastboot commands etc. I even then got from CWm to TWRP and tried installing KFHD_SRT_v1.2.3 from there but it failed, tried from sideload adb as well. Any ideas from here?
if you have fastboot cable i would fastboot erase boot system recovery use this threads tool and flash stock boot & recovery images from this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886189
at your own risk of course,

daweeze02
Old
(Last edited by daweeze02; 4th March 2013 at 08:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxo View Post
if you have fastboot cable i would fastboot erase boot system recovery use this threads tool and flash stock boot & recovery images from this
YeaI have a cable, trying it now.....

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxo View Post
This is what I did with the tool in this thread, I even just trying returning to stock via KFFirstAide64 but still in loop. From my knowledge these tools revert your recovery and system back to stock.

Not sure why this worked but after installing the kindlefirst aid I ran the commands for the boot and recovery from the front page and now I'm back. Now back to hascode's dual boot lol

onemeila
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 227

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by daweeze02 View Post
YeaI have a cable, trying it now.....

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

This is what I did with the tool in this thread, I even just trying returning to stock via KFFirstAide64 but still in loop. From my knowledge these tools revert your recovery and system back to stock.

Not sure why this worked but after installing the kindlefirst aid I ran the commands for the boot and recovery from the front page and now I'm back. Now back to hascode's dual boot lol
Glad you figured it out. I just re-purchased The HD7 so I will soon be updating this tool to include the boot and recovery images for newer software versions. Hopefully to make things easier for everyone out there.
Sorry about any lack of support but I ve had to deal with replacing my laptop and getting everything setup the way I want it.
The Following User Says Thank You to onemeila For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

daweeze02
Old
Thanks Meter 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemeila View Post
Glad you figured it out. I just re-purchased The HD7 so I will soon be updating this tool to include the boot and recovery images for newer software versions. Hopefully to make things easier for everyone out there.
Sorry about any lack of support but I ve had to deal with replacing my laptop and getting everything setup the way I want it.
It's all good man, thanks for making it in the first place. I was just confused because I thought those files were only for downgrading so never applied them.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app