Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,395 Members 47,250 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kept my unlimited plan when I upgraded on 01/06/13

Tip us?

statustray
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Default Re: Kept my unlimited plan when I upgraded on 01/06/13

Very interesting indeed

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yyhd
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Default Kept my unlimited plan when I upgraded on 01/06/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenuke1 View Post
to the people i sent PMs to about the location and other info for the loophole

if you guys could please update me here.

as far as i know only me (upgraded to note 2) and my sister (downgraded from Droid x to Iphone 4s lol) got the deal.
That sucks. Others have tried?

Maybe the rep who hooked you up got chewed out?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.
The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

thenuke1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhd View Post
That sucks. Others have tried?

Maybe the rep who hooked you up got chewed out?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.
sorry meaning that i know of ... no one has actually reported back .

had a few people willing to make the drive down to my area to get the hook up
Phones had
Blackberry 8330 - great little phone served me well. That being said, i will never own a RIM device.

Droid X - my intro to Rooting / unlocking. Learned alot from this device. Hell of a lot of bricking lol

Active Devices

Note II *running Jelly Beans 10*

Galaxy tab 2 *running Sungsonic HD*

Samsung LED 55ES7500

for Trade : Brand New Zoo Gue Galaxy S3 cover Black

AcE XBOX
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Alternate upgrade from unlimited data line to a line that is a basic phone, or has a tiered data plan. After that, switch the phones to the desired lines. Done.

Your friendly VZW sales rep.

miketoasty
Old
Thanks Meter 461
Upgraded from a GNex with unlimited data to a Note II using my brothers line (He has a dumb phone) and although I had to select an alternate data plan (5GB for $50) next month I was still on my unlimited. I went through VZW's website through the whole process and used the "Transfer Upgrade" option to be able to upgrade. I don't know if I "Kept" unlimited data or if it will just take another month before it goes in to effect but I will take another month of Verizon's unlimited 4G!

Checked my plan online and I still have the option "Unlimited Web and Email - $30" selected on my line. Again I don't know if this means that I kept it or if it hasn't updated yet, anyone like to chime in and give me some info?

billku
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketoasty View Post
Upgraded from a GNex with unlimited data to a Note II using my brothers line (He has a dumb phone) and although I had to select an alternate data plan (5GB for $50) next month I was still on my unlimited. I went through VZW's website through the whole process and used the "Transfer Upgrade" option to be able to upgrade. I don't know if I "Kept" unlimited data or if it will just take another month before it goes in to effect but I will take another month of Verizon's unlimited 4G!

Checked my plan online and I still have the option "Unlimited Web and Email - $30" selected on my line. Again I don't know if this means that I kept it or if it hasn't updated yet, anyone like to chime in and give me some info?
I'm told that if the data plan change is going to happen, it happens right away, so you're probably good. Can't guarantee it obviously, but probably.

terriermike
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I have worked for a premium retailer for going on three years. I can confirm that for the past couple of weeks at least you can keep unlimited data regardless of whether you're using another line's upgrade or even your own upgrade (and therefore extending the contract ON the unlimited line) as long as you have another line on the account that doesn't have unlimited...doesn't matter if its a basic phone or a tiered smart phone, or anything else really. We need this because we have to have a target line.

This is pretty nice because before, while we could keep the unlimited as long as we used a different line's upgrade, now it's letting us actually use the upgrade on the unlimited line itself, which it did not do before. I have even called several friends who I knew had purposely not used their upgrade on their unlimited line yet and many have now used that upgrade successfully. After all, you never know if this is actually considered a loophole and will be fixed.

And no, this does not require scanning in a basic phone first, the only phone scanned is the one you're buying and it is listed on the customer agreement, so we should be getting paid accordingly.

If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me. Heck, maybe I could even make a sale or two and ship you a phone if you don't want to deal with having to make sure whatever store you go to does this correctly...you never know how long the person has worked there and if they know what is going on. For instance we have a new guy and I always make sure to assist him with these types of things as eRoes can be a pain in the ass to use sometimes. (if this is not allowed, then scratch that idea! lol). I have 500+ FB on ebay so could even handle it there for buyer peace of mind.

bulvine420
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Default Re: Kept my unlimited plan when I upgraded on 01/06/13

I have a friend that works for a premium Verizon reseller and she does this to keep unlimited. Add a line to your plan with a note 2 ring it up do a device only change to put the note 2 on your line then put a regular 9.99 basic phone on that new line. Its 10 bucks more a month but you have unlimited check your minutes and see if you can't go down to a lower plan to make up for the 10 bucks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
--Verizon Galaxy s4 rooted--
Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 ed rooted
-------