Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,579 Members 43,824 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROOT] One Click HTC One X (AT&T/Rogers/Others) (Win/Mac/Linux)

Tip us?
 
bugga214
Old
#811  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 125
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by calin75 View Post
If you restore the stock RUU, it will take the tampered banner away. I just tried it.

is there a guide for how to do this?
 
carl1961
Old
(Last edited by carl1961; 6th February 2013 at 01:58 AM.)
#812  
carl1961's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4,026
Posts: 5,037
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tickfaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugga214 View Post
is there a guide for how to do this?
Relock Bootloader with All-In-One Toolkit V2.1.1

then run htc_one_x_RUU_2.20.502.7_att_us_08022012.exe

eraste Guide

AT&T/ROGERS One X Resources Compilation Roll-Up
 
bugga214
Old
(Last edited by bugga214; 6th February 2013 at 05:01 PM.)
#813  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 125
Join Date: Aug 2012

YAY!!! it worked okay so what got me to get the tampered sign was trying to flash the TWRP from the tool kit. Everytime i tried to flash it, I got two boxes that popped up from the toolkit....the 1st one i think said device not found then show the file location then i would close that message and another one popped up saying the recovery was installed but it never rebooted like the man in video i was following...

(http://forums.team-nocturnal.com/sho...ock-Root-guide)

...so i just rebooted the phone and then went back into bootloader & seen that.

So what do i do now? Im trying to install the VenomROM so I know i need to unlock the BL again but whats next? Should I try to do the recovery again from the toolkit?

EDIT: I tried to reinstall the recovery but didnt work again and i dont want to have to relock the BL and reinstall the RUU but now along with "tampered" it says "security warning". Does any of this even matter since I want to install another ROM? I would prefer it not to say those things though...btw my phone is working fine. Im not stuck in any loops or nothing. The stock is running fine with the tampered & warning.
 
grayfoxmg1
Old
#814  
grayfoxmg1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 513
Posts: 950
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vero Beach, Fl

 
DONATE TO ME
Until we get S-OFF it will always have the *Tampered* and *Unlocked* flags on the boot loader. You don't have to worry about them unless you have to pull warranty/insurance on your phone. Than they are bad to have.
Current Devices:
Asus Transformer TF700t
LG G3 D851(T-Mobile)

Past Devices:
Nook Color
LG G2 D801(T-Mobile)
HTC One X (AT&T)
HTC Rhodium (AT&T)
HTC Kaiser (AT&T)
Apple iPhone (AT&T)
Motorola V235 (Cingular)
 
draco_ag
Old
#815  
draco_ag's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1,108
Posts: 1,510
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Poland
I understand that method from this thread won't work on International HOX+?

I just search for tool to root phone only without any custom recovery and unlocking bootloader.


1. HTC One X+ (s728e) JB FW: 1.17.401.1
2. Xperia Mini Pro (SK17i) ICS FW: 4.1.B.0.587 (Unlocked BL, ROOTED, LuPuS Kernel v3)


- Mini Pro MOD Project: Reboot and SystemUI MOD for XPERiA ICS 4.1.B.0.587

- Mini/Mini Pro Theme Project: HTC Sense Theme for Xperia Mini/Mini Pro/Active/LWW (GB ROM only)

- X10mini Theme Project: Black HTC Theme for X8/X10mini/pro (all FW versions)

If You like my work, just push THANKS button

 
gkatsanos
Old
#816  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 13
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Brussels,Belgium
Hey guys,
I installed the driver (although the one you put in the link doesn't really work so I used PdaNET) , made sure no adb.exe processes were running, switched off Antiviruses and Firewalls... put my usb in the back of my desktop and not in the front ports.. and here's what I get:


* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

DON'T TOUCH THE DEVICE OR UNPLUG WHILE ROOTING!
PUSH FILES
failed to copy 'busybox' to '/data/local/busybox': Permission denied
failed to copy 'su' to '/data/local/su': Permission denied
failed to copy 'Superuser.apk' to '/data/local/Superuser.apk': Permission denied
Unable to chmod /data/local/busybox: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /data/local/su: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /data/local/Superuser.apk: No such file or directory
failed on '/data/local/tmp' - Permission denied
link failed File exists

REBOOT
/system/bin/sh: can't create /data/local.prop: Permission denied
AGAIN REBOOT
AGAIN!?
mount: Operation not permitted
mount: Operation not permitted
/system/bin/sh: can't create /system/xbin/busybox: Read-only file system
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/busybox: No such file or directory
/system/bin/sh: /system/xbin/busybox: not found
/system/bin/sh: busybox: not found
/system/bin/sh: busybox: not found
Unable to chown /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/app/Superuser.apk: No such file or directory
rm failed for /data/local.prop, No such file or directory
rm failed for /data/local/tmp, Permission denied
failed on '/data/local/tmp.bak' - No such file or directory

Any hints?
 
mirGantrophy
Old
#817  
mirGantrophy's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,425
Posts: 2,080
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkatsanos View Post
Hey guys,
I installed the driver (although the one you put in the link doesn't really work so I used PdaNET) , made sure no adb.exe processes were running, switched off Antiviruses and Firewalls... put my usb in the back of my desktop and not in the front ports.. and here's what I get:


* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

DON'T TOUCH THE DEVICE OR UNPLUG WHILE ROOTING!
PUSH FILES
failed to copy 'busybox' to '/data/local/busybox': Permission denied
failed to copy 'su' to '/data/local/su': Permission denied
failed to copy 'Superuser.apk' to '/data/local/Superuser.apk': Permission denied
Unable to chmod /data/local/busybox: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /data/local/su: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /data/local/Superuser.apk: No such file or directory
failed on '/data/local/tmp' - Permission denied
link failed File exists

REBOOT
/system/bin/sh: can't create /data/local.prop: Permission denied
AGAIN REBOOT
AGAIN!?
mount: Operation not permitted
mount: Operation not permitted
/system/bin/sh: can't create /system/xbin/busybox: Read-only file system
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/busybox: No such file or directory
/system/bin/sh: /system/xbin/busybox: not found
/system/bin/sh: busybox: not found
/system/bin/sh: busybox: not found
Unable to chown /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/app/Superuser.apk: No such file or directory
rm failed for /data/local.prop, No such file or directory
rm failed for /data/local/tmp, Permission denied
failed on '/data/local/tmp.bak' - No such file or directory

Any hints?
Try the manual method, the 2.20 X-Factor, or just go to the s-off thread and turn off security (better than root) :P
Sign up for Copy - Both of us get 5GB extra space - https://copy.com?r=G06tAx

Nexus 5 - RIP in peace
Nexus 4 - Sold
HTC One XL - Dead
HTC Aria - Sold, no clue where it's at now
 
gkatsanos
Old
#818  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 13
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Brussels,Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirGantrophy View Post
Try the manual method, the 2.20 X-Factor, or just go to the s-off thread and turn off security (better than root) :P
Honestly, I don't want to risk any recovery things , flashing and all that.. phone is pretty new, wouldn't want to mess it up .. and I like Sense.
 
Cthdarren
Old
#819  
Cthdarren's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 43
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Singapore
may i ask if this method is still working? i tried it yesterday it couldnt work
 
subarudroid
Old
#820  
subarudroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 661
Posts: 1,419
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SL,UT

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROOT] One Click HTC One X (AT&T/Rogers/Others) (Win/Mac/Linux)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthdarren View Post
may i ask if this method is still working? i tried it yesterday it couldnt work
Darren. Your all over the place. Slow down! Read, read, read. Hansoon's one click is the method that would probably work best for you. I like you're enthusiasm. honestly would you respond to a full tilt post post post post when they should read read read. I don't want to see you brick you phone so pm me and I can help you out tomorrow a little.

Sent from my HOX w/CM10.1 4.2.2 s-off
Hit the thanks if I've helped, or maybe if made you laugh. I cannot be responsible for any damages to you for listening to me

The Following User Says Thank You to subarudroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes