[ROM] AOKP-4.2.1r1 & CM10.1 (WIP) 1/10/2013- "Alpha-ish"

Search This thread

redeyedjedi

May 1, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Ok- here is an update for both roms. THey are both WAAAY better, and most things are working.

Things which now work(both builds):

-HW ACCEL
-Audio, permanent mic fix
-bluetooth
-wifi
-most games, apps that work on 4.1.2
-overclocking, to 1.2
-all android 4.2 features now work after gapps install, but swype keyboard is still a little funny

*******things which dont work:

-screen wake up issue is no problem with new kernel, but with this 2.6.39 it just wont go away!
-still need to figure out a symlink for large obb files, etc. so there will never be a need to change CWM recovery/partitions for this android version
-I added the SIO scheduler and set it as default, works very well, but you cannot change it under >settings>performance, it is not implemented in CM yet, just use no frills app for now

-I also added lulzactive governor, it does work, i dunno how good it is.

******* I do not consider these roms daily driveable on this kernel until I figure out this wake up issue and symlinks, Ill do that last one once i figure out the first.

-to get developer options and performance settings to show up, you have to go to >settings>about tablet> "build number", and hit that tab 7 times, it will count you down the last three, and then the two options will now be there under settings again for "developer options" and "performance."

******-AOKP*******, all the features are there and working, nice and smooth, gapps drags it down a little but its good enough to see if you even like 4.2, im still on the fence here.

http://d-h.st/3ZT

*****-CM10.1-***** they now have "expanded desktop" ported from PA, so I can finally use CM for nba Jam, woohoo!!, I added in this option, to turn it on go into settings>system>power menu>and check "expanded desktop"

-I put back the old zram setup, you can now turn it on in settings>performance>memory management

-you can also add buttons to the navbar, so far only "search" and "menu"

-this one is better than AOKP, but GAPPS slow it down a little too, prolly need to slim those down some, but many are now required for everything to work right, I dont like this...it is what is is I guess, but its google being more like apple. :(

http://d-h.st/n9F

****GAPPS******

http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip

350meg partition, NO EXCUSES! both internal and external storage register as an SDCARD, while sdcard is emulated in the /data partition, I hope you are already 4gig, or you run out of room real quick. Of course, the partition table may need to be reconfigured, but my current goal is to symlink /android/data to the "original" internal storage,so the partitions dont need to be fooled with. any input or ideas are welcomed.

Super huge thanks for BORKATA and TEAMDRH, as well as AOKP, and CM guys!!!!!!

cant do any of it without there contributions......go thank them.

Last edited:

redeyedjedi

May 1, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
ok, im running a fresh build now. Some more issues I have found are that no live wallpapers seem to work, and there are no statusbar toggles. THis thing seems like quite a mess, but im pushing through it.
The screen wakup thing annoys the hell out of me, it doesnt happen with the new kernel, and with the old one all the logcat shows is that the screen is now active, cannot find what triggers it. I also still dont know what to do about storage. I think i might look into swapping the /data and /internal_sd which would give a little over 11 gigs, plus 2 or 4 for storage. It is hard to figure out how to do this with the new emulated file structure for multi-user. I think that user "0" would end up having access, but users "1" or "2" etc. would not. I just dont quite know how to accomplish this, and I want to avoid partition changes, so people can switch back and forth to older roms.

JEZZEJAMEZ

Jun 4, 2012
Detroit
I can't wait. I should see my dock any day. I don't have any juice or way to charge it till then... I miss my gtab

$3ñt F®°m my Gt@b ~Gn°t£

waltzdriod]

Jul 16, 2011
kharkov
whoa!!!

Gtab is getting more awesome. Cant wait to get my hands on a rom running kernel3.1. waiting for Fosser. U devs are doing great job . efforts appreciated . this so fast though using it without the gapps. Will load gapps and report back on responsiveness . But as of now awesome is the word

EDIT------(after 4hrs of using rom ) for work in progress Rom i can give this Rom a safe 85%. After installing the Gapps the rom become little less snappy /Responsive just like you mentioned. And The screen flash issue at look screen wont just go away. B/w is this wake screen flashes Rom dependent because am just coming from latest smoother Bean to this Rom and i dont seem to be having this lock screen Issue. Yet to load any files to see responsiveness with it too but will report back when i do

Edit------- This a great Release but sad i have to got back to smoother bean for two reasons .1) the screen lock issue it a big deal cos the battery just get drained before u know it (though u made mention of it ) 2) just a thought this the 1st time am using a rom on my Gtab that is 160dpi and to be frank i love the way it looks . Would be glad if we could have it on your rom too. Apart from these and proper mounting of SD and other things you am good with it so far. You doing a great Job and is highly appreciated knowing someone is already working on 4.2.1 and i must add it UI looks Good.

Last edited:
Reactions: redeyedjedi

redeyedjedi

May 1, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Yeah...its not perfect, some of it I need to fix, and some of it the CM and AOKP guys are fixing it right now. I ran builds last night, with updates from both...I hope to post links later, but I need to test them myself to see whats better.....or worse. The wakeup issue, is only this rom......it was an official bug from google, but it was fixed by them too. I am still on it.....i appreciate all testers who can bring the issues to the forefront so they can be fixed.

My main goal here is that when key lime pie (or whatever "k" they use) comes, we'll be that much closer to booting it. Im still on the fence here with the always phablet mode of this 4.2.1, but you never know whats next, and the transtion will be smoother if we are already on the latest.

Once you guys see "beta" in the title, then my credibility can sink or swim with the functionality of the rom. :)

until then...test away, and please keep me informed of what you find...THANKS!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok- here is an update for both roms. THey are both WAAAY better, and most things are working.

Things which now work(both builds):

-HW ACCEL
    -Audio, permanent mic fix
    -bluetooth
    -wifi
    -most games, apps that work on 4.1.2
    -overclocking, to 1.2
    -all android 4.2 features now work after gapps install, but swype keyboard is still a little funny

*******things which dont work:

-screen wake up issue is no problem with new kernel, but with this 2.6.39 it just wont go away!
    -still need to figure out a symlink for large obb files, etc. so there will never be a need to change CWM recovery/partitions for this android version
    -I added the SIO scheduler and set it as default, works very well, but you cannot change it under >settings>performance, it is not implemented in CM yet, just use no frills app for now

-I also added lulzactive governor, it does work, i dunno how good it is.

******* I do not consider these roms daily driveable on this kernel until I figure out this wake up issue and symlinks, Ill do that last one once i figure out the first.

-to get developer options and performance settings to show up, you have to go to >settings>about tablet> "build number", and hit that tab 7 times, it will count you down the last three, and then the two options will now be there under settings again for "developer options" and "performance."
    ____________________________________________________________________________

******-AOKP*******, all the features are there and working, nice and smooth, gapps drags it down a little but its good enough to see if you even like 4.2, im still on the fence here.

http://d-h.st/3ZT

*****-CM10.1-***** they now have "expanded desktop" ported from PA, so I can finally use CM for nba Jam, woohoo!!, I added in this option, to turn it on go into settings>system>power menu>and check "expanded desktop"

-I put back the old zram setup, you can now turn it on in settings>performance>memory management

-you can also add buttons to the navbar, so far only "search" and "menu"

-this one is better than AOKP, but GAPPS slow it down a little too, prolly need to slim those down some, but many are now required for everything to work right, I dont like this...it is what is is I guess, but its google being more like apple. :(

http://d-h.st/n9F

****GAPPS******

http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip

350meg partition, NO EXCUSES! both internal and external storage register as an SDCARD, while sdcard is emulated in the /data partition, I hope you are already 4gig, or you run out of room real quick. Of course, the partition table may need to be reconfigured, but my current goal is to symlink /android/data to the "original" internal storage,so the partitions dont need to be fooled with. any input or ideas are welcomed.
    ____________________________________________________________________________

Super huge thanks for BORKATA and TEAMDRH, as well as AOKP, and CM guys!!!!!!

cant do any of it without there contributions......go thank them.
    Impressive you got this booting! I'll keep my eyes on this for sure :)
    i teamed up with DRH crew.. This rom has evolved into the latest release of teamdrh, which i am now a part of. in about two hours, it will be live on slatedroid, new kernel and all. TODAY IS THAT DAY!!!!!!!

NEW ROM IS LIVE on SLATEDROID!!!!!!
    Happy new year
    You can count on me
    cm 10.1 link added to OP. MUCH BETTER.....still a LOT to do.