Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,397 Members 48,760 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.2.2][August 5] Slim Bean-d2tmobile [build 8]

Tip us?

droidsung
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I'm getting the "you Don't Have Any Devices" on the Google Web Play Store

I have the latest slim gapps installed.

Tried downloading an app from the phone's Play store app and it works fine.

Any solution?
-=DR0!D$uNG=-
LG G2 - D802
ROM: MAHDI ROM 2.5-G2-20140216
Kernel: 3.4.77-kitkat | Governor:Interactive | I/O: Row
O/C'd : N/A

yajo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.1][Feb 16] Slim Bean-d2tmobile [stable v1.0]

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidsung View Post
I'm getting the "you Don't Have Any Devices" on the Google Web Play Store

I have the latest slim gapps installed.

Tried downloading an app from the phone's Play store app and it works fine.

Any solution?
Works fine for me.. :/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

shapr
Old
Thanks Meter 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk_jack View Post
Hello everyone! I'm your new device maintainer for the d2tmo builds of SlimBean. I'm new to this thread but would like it to be more active/involved than it was previously. Like others have said already in this thread, our stable 1.0 version is out and we're already working towards a new 2.0 version based on Android 4.2.2. With stable 1.0 we brought you a bunch of new, unique features and we plan on expanding on that in the next version.

Second, I would like to know if anyone is interested in helping test said new versions of SlimBean. As a "tester" you would get access to all the latest fixes and features. If you think you'd like to put a bit of your time towards improving the ROM for your fellow d2tmo (and d2att!) brothers please send me a PM and I'll see what I can do.
Welcome to sgs3. I've missed you, since my g2 bit the dust. How's life?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

phone: black dream/g1;
Recovery: custom recovery +cm +jf;
Storage: 8g card;
Mods: advanced launcher; custom fonts; app2sd;
ROM: CM 4.2.1 (best there is)

droidsung
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Excellent battery life + performance (paired with the Lean Kernel) on the Slim bean Stable release!

Loving it...

Thank you devs...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-20 09.27.33.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	1744944   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-20 09.27.43.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	1744945  
-=DR0!D$uNG=-
LG G2 - D802
ROM: MAHDI ROM 2.5-G2-20140216
Kernel: 3.4.77-kitkat | Governor:Interactive | I/O: Row
O/C'd : N/A

Ditamae
Old
Thanks Meter 176
Hey blk_jack! Good to see you. I was thinking about making the jump to 4.2.1 now that Slim's released its stable version... what do I need to know about the changes made to internal storage? I'm still a little confused as to what change was made (for the purpose of multi-user support) and why it's such a pain to move between 4.1 & 4.2.

Samsung Galaxy SIII (SGH-T999) in titanium gray | Slim Bean v4.2.2 | TWRP Recovery Touch v2.7.1.0 themed with Holofied Light by z31s1g
with Apex by dennisxl | Ember theme by Sonny Sekhon

HTC Vision | Andromadus Mimicry v1.5.0 with V6 Supercharger | 4EXT Recovery Touch v1.0.0.5 custom themed
radio_26.13.04.19 with matching rils | eng hboot_0.84.2000

blk_jack
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditamae View Post
Hey blk_jack! Good to see you. I was thinking about making the jump to 4.2.1 now that Slim's released its stable version... what do I need to know about the changes made to internal storage? I'm still a little confused as to what change was made (for the purpose of multi-user support) and why it's such a pain to move between 4.1 & 4.2.
Hey man! It's less daunting than it seems actually. Just install the newest version of TWRP, make a backup and flash the new ROM. You may or may not want to do a full wipe coming from 4.1, up to you. The change made is transparent to the end user if you use the latest version of TWRP, so you won't even notice. Just remember to do a factory reset rather than format /data or it'll wipe your internal /sdcard.

Samsung SGH-I337M - Slim Bean 4.3
HTC Vision - Andromadus Slim Bean 4.2.2

Come join us on IRC:
#slimusers on freenode

The Following User Says Thank You to blk_jack For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ditamae
Old
(Last edited by Ditamae; 21st February 2013 at 10:25 AM.)
Thanks Meter 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk_jack View Post
Hey man! It's less daunting than it seems actually. Just install the newest version of TWRP, make a backup and flash the new ROM. You may or may not want to do a full wipe coming from 4.1, up to you. The change made is transparent to the end user if you use the latest version of TWRP, so you won't even notice. Just remember to do a factory reset rather than format /data or it'll wipe your internal /sdcard.
All right, sounds good. Just updated TWRP to v4.2.1.0. Upon reboot to the system the phone cycled through the splash screen and my boot animation three times before it FINALLY booted up. Strangeness. Can't wait to get a tiny bit of free time so I can upgrade. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

Oh, one quick thing... I updated TWRP through goo manger and I flashed the v2.4.1.0 version for the d2att variant (I never changed my build.prop, so obviously goo brought up the corresponding recovery)... I'm assuming the recoveries are identical - like the devices?

Edit: Looks like I might have an issue trying to flash ROMs with a ro.product.device that deviates from d2att. Not an issue at the moment as I won't be flashing anything other than Slim. I think I'll edit the build.prop and reflash the d2tom TWRP just so everything matches.

Samsung Galaxy SIII (SGH-T999) in titanium gray | Slim Bean v4.2.2 | TWRP Recovery Touch v2.7.1.0 themed with Holofied Light by z31s1g
with Apex by dennisxl | Ember theme by Sonny Sekhon

HTC Vision | Andromadus Mimicry v1.5.0 with V6 Supercharger | 4EXT Recovery Touch v1.0.0.5 custom themed
radio_26.13.04.19 with matching rils | eng hboot_0.84.2000

popimp315
Old
Thanks Meter 78

Remember blk from mimicry on the g2. You left andromadous team to become. Slim bean?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
a good read

Tmobile G2 (HTC)
Running G-lite (retired)
kernel the rom's

Galaxy S3
Running Stockmod Latest or a form of aosp
kernel Dkp

Nexus 7
Running Clean Rom
kernel elementalx

blk_jack
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3962

Quote:
Originally Posted by popimp315 View Post
Remember blk from mimicry on the g2. You left andromadous team to become. Slim bean?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
I'm a developer and device maintainer for Slim (we have a dozen or so active members on the team), as well as still being part of the Andromadus team. The goal is to actually make a special fork of slim for the g2 supporting the keyboard and track pad, adding a few features specific to the hardware.

I still talk to Flinny and darkspadez often

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Samsung SGH-I337M - Slim Bean 4.3
HTC Vision - Andromadus Slim Bean 4.2.2

Come join us on IRC:
#slimusers on freenode

luvbug1977
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default FYI - RE: Picassa Camera/Gallery Addon

All:

The picassa gallery addon listed at http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/do...-full-packages, will limit your camera up to 3 MP max, instead of 8 MP that our SGS3 is capable of.

BEWARE!
T-Mobile Galaxy S III

T-Mobile MyTouch 4g (HTC Glacier) - sold
T-Mobile Galaxy S - sold
T-Mobile G1 - sold