Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,696 Members 37,643 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HD2 ToolBox app and linux Hot BootLoader

Tip us?

Sancher
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Does anybody need xorg.conf file configurated to work properly in landscape mode?
I can upload it.
It works very well.

Rahul7301
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancher View Post
Does anybody need xorg.conf file configurated to work properly in landscape mode?
I can upload it.
It works very well.
that would be nice.. I tried some tweaks but couldnt get it right so plz upload.

Sancher
Old
(Last edited by Sancher; 29th November 2012 at 08:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 10
Here is GIMP running on my HD2.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHYl5I0iG1w
Here is xorg.conf http://depositfiles.com/files/o7f98t8cr
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sancher For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rahul7301
Old
(Last edited by Rahul7301; 1st December 2012 at 10:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks Sancher. I think I am making some mistake in replacing the xorg.conf file to the package and thats why I cant get it right.

Could someone explain the actual steps to replace the conf file from system with this file??

Sancher
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Well, you can just download it in debian using browser(if default browser doesn`t work you can install iceweasel using terminal and virtual keyboard. Just open terminal and type: aptitude install iceweasel). Then put it instead of original one which is situated at etc/X11 folder of debian File System using File Manager.
Or you can copy&paste it to original one using virtual keyboard))
Maybe there are another way to do it, I`m not sure.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sancher For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

james.carter
Old
(Last edited by james.carter; 20th January 2013 at 01:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Question HD2 ToolBox Android v4.1+ compatibility..

Has anyone been able to successfully use the HD2 ToolBox on android v 4.1 (JellyBean) and above versions in NativeSD ROMS??

For me, on installing the HD2 ToolBox its gets installed, but after setting up HBL the phone reboots being stuck on HTC logo (splash screen after MAGLDR) and android doesn't load ever and I have to reinstall the ROM. However, the app works fine on Android 2.3.5 or 2.3.7 versions of NativeSD ROMs.

Any suggestions how to use the HD2 ToolBox in Android 4.1+ versions??

Sancher
Old
(Last edited by Sancher; 22nd February 2013 at 09:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 10
Try to install live dmesg lite before installing HBL. I dont know why, but it helps
For me - this tool(HD2ToolBox) is the best realization of Linux on HD2. I dont understand why it is abandoned and not being developed. I was able to use GIMP, iceweasel, nodejs and many more on it. It works fast and smooth without need to use VNC.
The only problem - interface is not very touch-friendly. If someone made touch-friendly interface like Ubuntu Phone and placed here, it would be PERFECT!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sancher For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

james.carter
Old
(Last edited by james.carter; 25th February 2013 at 07:15 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Exclamation Still stuck on 'Loading Linux'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancher View Post
Try to install live dmesg lite before installing HBL. I dont know why, but it helps
For me - this tool(HD2ToolBox) is the best realization of Linux on HD2. I dont understand why it is abandoned and not being developed. I was able to use GIMP, iceweasel, nodejs and many more on it. It works fast and smooth without need to use VNC.
The only problem - interface is not very touch-friendly. If someone made touch-friendly interface like Ubuntu Phone and placed here, it would be PERFECT!!!
Thanks for guiding Sancher.. Installing 'live dmesg (v3.0)' got me through the successful installation of HBL. But now clicking 'Start linux on local screen' keeps displaying 'Loading Linux' and so I ain't able to boot up linux even now..

Can you suggest any specific android 4.1+ ROM which supports HBL or may be the ROM you are using currently to run HBL..

Sancher
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I'm using this one http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1934000 on NAND without sd-ext or swap and without any app2sd app and other apps like app2sd. I tried to use it with installed app2sd(or similar, I don't remember exactly the name of the app) once and it didn't work. Then I reinstalled ROM without any of those hacks and it worked.

dan1j3l
Old
Retired Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 223
I didn't know this app is still used, project is not abandoned I just didn't have enough time to work on it. I'll create more universal version of this app (more android versions/os-es compatibility).
Follow dan1j3l on twitter

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dan1j3l For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]