Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,556 Members 43,009 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

|KERNEL| SaberKernel_45.3 || 3.0.97 || UC-100mhz || OC-1960mhz || exFAT | 10|03

Tip us?
 
AG0087
Old
#221  
AG0087's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 224
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Brownsville Texas
Default Re: |KERNEL| SaberKernel_15.2 ||3.0.64||OC-1920mhz|| -->2|22

Solid kernel and everything' rockin. Thanks Ptmr.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
 
CL3P20
Old
#222  
CL3P20's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 68
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Citrus Heights
wipe cache
wipe dalvic
flash kernel
fix permissions
reboot
let ROM idle for few minutes

....am I missing anything in the above? Installing now.
 
LfnsR
Old
(Last edited by LfnsR; 22nd February 2013 at 10:23 PM.)
#223  
LfnsR's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 484
Posts: 1,196
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Orange County, CA
Default Re: |KERNEL| SaberKernel_15.2 ||3.0.64||OC-1920mhz|| -->2|22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL3P20 View Post
wipe cache
wipe dalvic
flash kernel
fix permissions
reboot
let ROM idle for few minutes

....am I missing anything in the above? Installing now.
What permissions are you fixing? Just curious as I haven't had to fix permissions and haven't run into any issues. Don't want to miss something that make it run even better.

Sent from my Note 2 via Tapatalk!
Samsung Note 3

Asus Transformer Prime 32GB

ROM: Androwook Hairy Bean
 
verifiedsub
Old
#224  
verifiedsub's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 411
Posts: 817
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cambridge

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: |KERNEL| SaberKernel_15.2 ||3.0.64||OC-1920mhz|| -->2|22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LfnsR View Post
What permissions are you fixing? Just curious as I haven't had to fix permissions and haven't run into any issues. Don't want to miss something that make it run even better.

Sent from my Note 2 via Tapatalk!
Well fixing permissions allows all apps the have the necessary privileges to work properly. Sometimes you'll get an app that just quite isn't working properly or its FCing
Fixing permissions just prevents that from happening..
Sent from my SGH-I317M using XDA Premium HD app


SGNII Samsung shouldn't make you pay for something so AWESOME >> Jedi X<< Metallic Grey & White Sig pic thanks to the great work of Addis!
Got questions? Head over to The Jedi Academy If you Don't See your question already listed after reading through all Q & A Feel Free to post it

The Following User Says Thank You to verifiedsub For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
LfnsR
Old
#225  
LfnsR's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 484
Posts: 1,196
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Orange County, CA
Default Re: |KERNEL| SaberKernel_15.2 ||3.0.64||OC-1920mhz|| --&gt;2|22

Quote:
Originally Posted by verifiedsub View Post
Well fixing permissions allows all apps the have the necessary privileges to work properly. Sometimes you'll get an app that just quite isn't working properly or its FCing
Fixing permissions just prevents that from happening..
Sent from my SGH-I317M using XDA Premium HD app
Ah. Haven't had issues, but good to know. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my Note 2 via Tapatalk!
Samsung Note 3

Asus Transformer Prime 32GB

ROM: Androwook Hairy Bean
 
jdiddy_ub
Old
#226  
jdiddy_ub's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 153
Posts: 932
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Queens Village, NY

 
DONATE TO ME
i downloaded the latest version (15.2)...wiped cache and dalvik...the phone goes through the optimization of apps then freezes...reflashed 3 times...same result everytime
 
ptmr3
Old
#227  
ptmr3's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 20,677
Posts: 8,477
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Aurora

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: |KERNEL| SaberKernel_15.2 ||3.0.64||OC-1920mhz|| --&gt;2|22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy_ub View Post
i downloaded the latest version (15.2)...wiped cache and dalvik...the phone goes through the optimization of apps then freezes...reflashed 3 times...same result everytime
What ROM

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
 
jdiddy_ub
Old
#228  
jdiddy_ub's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 153
Posts: 932
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Queens Village, NY

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptmr3 View Post
What ROM

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
xquizit v17...just tried it again..this time it loaded up...then i got a toast notification that said something like "cannot load global connection settings" or something like that..then it restarted itself..and just kept doing that

reflashed latest perseus kernel and its fine
 
ptmr3
Old
#229  
ptmr3's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 20,677
Posts: 8,477
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Aurora

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: |KERNEL| SaberKernel_15.2 ||3.0.64||OC-1920mhz|| --&gt;2|22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy_ub View Post
xquizit v17
think its time for an upgrade lol

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
 
jdiddy_ub
Old
#230  
jdiddy_ub's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 153
Posts: 932
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Queens Village, NY

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptmr3 View Post
think its time for an upgrade lol

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
no need to diss the rom...the dev maintains it and has updated versions..but i chose to stay on v17 since i have no issues

but all other kernels work fine..this is the first one ive tried that is giving me issues

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes