Keeping Unlimited Data?

OP textron

25th January 2013, 02:16 AM   |  #251  
Thanks Meter: 4

22 posts
Re: Keeping Unlimited Data?
Quote:
Originally Posted by eraursls1984

I have a Note 2 and still have over 23 months left on my contract with unlimited data

A contract doesnt mean they wont end your data man, it just means they dont hold you to that contract if they end it. If verizon changes a contract all you get is the option to leave without etf which is the same option off contract customers already have.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Character Zero

I wonder if Verizon isn't waiting until next summer since that is 2 years since the killing of upgrades on unlimited accounts. At that time no one with unlimited data will have a contract so then I guess with no contract they can do whatever they want. All the customer can do is leave and I wonder really what percentage would leave over that?

I dont think they will end it until an upgrade cycle somewhere down the line at the earliest...and they may let the plans dwindle away on their own. The way I see the math working out is that if they end it they lose some fraction of customers who want unlimited and see sprint or tmobile as viable options. The extra money they get from the residual who stay (lower data fraction) doesnt compensate for the decreased customer base formerly paying $500 extra or so per upgrade and the bad PR from kiling a gradfathered plan. The only way it should come to a head is if their network is strained, and they already throttle the top 5% to avoid that.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
25th January 2013, 06:23 PM   |  #252  
Flag Tallahassee, Florida
Thanks Meter: 123

858 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wifidelic

A contract doesnt mean they wont end your data man, it just means they dont hold you to that contract if they end it. If verizon changes a contract all you get is the option to leave without etf which is the same option off contract customers already have.

I was just pointing out that some of us are still under contracts with unlimited data that go beyond 2 years past the day the unlimited plans died.
23rd February 2013, 12:21 AM   |  #253  
Thanks Meter: 2

13 posts
Re: Keeping Unlimited Data?
Quote:
Originally Posted by textron

Do you think the Galaxy Note 2 is worth giving up unlimited data? I can only imagine how much data I would be using with this phone. I could imagine being limited. I couldn't see myself paying ful price to keep unlimited data going. Sprint nor Tmobile have LTE in my area.

Has anyone found a way around being pushed into the upgrade? I also found it obnoxious that they are charging a $30 upgrade fee and giving me a $50 upgrade discount at the same time lol.

I posted a thread on how to get around the unlimited data removal when I upgraded to my note 2.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread