Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,557 Members 46,318 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Razr HD & Razr HD MAXX Teardown

Tip us?
 
XRCIST
Old
#21  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 106
Join Date: Sep 2010
Grant2, Did they successfully go back together and work again?
 
grant2
Old
#22  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Posts: 85
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRCIST View Post
Grant2, Did they successfully go back together and work again?
yes both phones are fully functional.
 
madkel
Old
#23  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 16
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Golden, CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant2 View Post
YES the display appears to be plastic-welded to the bezel! There is no obvious way to separate them. (see pics in main post)

I cannot determine if the glass is fused with display or not.
If the outer glass (digitizer), not the display itself, is broken, do you think a replacement of just the outer glass is possible? Or are you not able to remove just the outer glass? I know you said you weren't sure, but I thought I'd check anyways.

I found a replacement outer glass replacement for about $40 that I was considering buying, otherwise a full screen and digitizer assembly about $220...

[Outer Glass]
[Full Assembly]

I have a diagonal crack on the bottom left corner of my phone from a fluke drop of my phone landing.... It landed face down and a small pebble caught the inner bottom left corner of the screen when it landed and caused a fairly clean crack.
 
grant2
Old
#24  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Posts: 85
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by madkel View Post
If the outer glass (digitizer), not the display itself, is broken, do you think a replacement of just the outer glass is possible? Or are you not able to remove just the outer glass? I know you said you weren't sure, but I thought I'd check anyways.
The screen appears to be welded or glued to the plastic frame. Without removing the screen from the frame it's impossible to know if the glass can be separated from the screen.

Have a look at the pictures in the first post, you'll see examples of what I think is holding the screen to the frame. If you recognize the bonding method then you may know how to deal with it.
 
tech_head
Old
#25  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 245
Posts: 878
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant2 View Post
The screen appears to be welded or glued to the plastic frame. Without removing the screen from the frame it's impossible to know if the glass can be separated from the screen.

Have a look at the pictures in the first post, you'll see examples of what I think is holding the screen to the frame. If you recognize the bonding method then you may know how to deal with it.
Moto will replace broken glass for $100.
 
Dyamont
Old
#26  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Feb 2013
Thanks for this post.
 
MickyMax
Old
#27  
MickyMax's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 44
Posts: 811
Join Date: Nov 2007
Default Re: Razr HD & Razr HD MAXX Teardown

The EV40 fits in the "normal" razr no maxx ?
Motorola Moto X Black (XT1052)
Please click "Thanks" button if my post helped you...
 
EdwardN
Old
#28  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 91
Posts: 192
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant2 View Post
I don't think there is room for something about as thick as a credit card. The case can flex a bit, but only in the middle, so anything thicker than a credit card would have to be a decent amount smaller than the battery tray (which is 105mm x 58mm) for the flexing to give more room.
Since the battery case for the xt926 maxx is available, if you have the non-maxx you could purchase the maxx cover, and gain the extra 2mm for the inductive charger.
_________________________________________________
Motorola Razr HD LTE XT925 stock
Motorola Defy 525 green lens, SBF 3.4.2-177-5 nordic deblur, CM10 (JB 4.1.2)
 
grant2
Old
#29  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Posts: 85
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickyMax View Post
The EV40 fits in the "normal" razr no maxx ?
No it won't; more details in this post

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardN View Post
Since the battery case for the xt926 maxx is available, if you have the non-maxx you could purchase the maxx cover, and gain the extra 2mm for the inductive charger.
WHERE can someone buy the MAXX battery case? that is the missing piece for converting non-maxxes.
 
DukeL
Old
#30  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 148
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardN View Post
Since the battery case for the xt926 maxx is available, if you have the non-maxx you could purchase the maxx cover, and gain the extra 2mm for the inductive charger.
Where can you purchase the Maxx cover I cant find it anywhere??

Tags
razr hd, teardown
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes