5,603,646 Members 37,287 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ALL LTE discussions here, where, when, how fast!

Tip us?
 
JDM Civic EG8
Old
#981  
JDM Civic EG8's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 323
Posts: 2,081
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Illinois...but where?
Default Re: ALL LTE discussions here, where, when, how fast!

Just a few blocks away from my house

And what I get in my house :/
Sent From My Rooted SG3
 
edfunkycold
Old
#982  
edfunkycold's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 4293
Posts: 5,384
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: S. FLORIDA
Default Re: ALL LTE discussions here, where, when, how fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM Civic EG8 View Post
Just a few blocks away from my house
 


And what I get in my house :/
 

Sent From My Rooted SG3
Wow that's just so unfair, I get 25 to 27 down in my house. I love it. There's gotta be something in between the tower and your house. Or is your house closer to the tower?

Transmitted with a portable device using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
 
Overstew
Old
#983  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1654
Posts: 3,919
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by edfunkycold View Post
Wow that's just so unfair, I get 25 to 27 down in my house. I love it. There's gotta be something in between the tower and your house. Or is your house closer to the tower?

Transmitted with a portable device using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
I'd assume signal quality isn't as strong, since it's a few blocks away. However, the there's many variables it could be. Such as wall materials (certain buildings are brutal on RF signals).

EDIT: Even with 5mbps, I'd be happy. That's fast enough for Netflix/Youtube.
 
flastnoles11
Old
#984  
flastnoles11's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4032
Posts: 8,064
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: columbia
Default Re: ALL LTE discussions here, where, when, how fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overstew View Post
I'd assume signal quality isn't as strong, since it's a few blocks away. However, the there's many variables it could be. Such as wall materials (certain buildings are brutal on RF signals).

EDIT: Even with 5mbps, I'd be happy. That's fast enough for Netflix/Youtube.
More than enough for those, and cod black ops 2 online... sprints 3g handles those quite nicely in my house with no lag


Sprint GS3 FAQ THREAD

New to the SprintGS3??? Click the link below to get started!!!


 
Overstew
Old
#985  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1654
Posts: 3,919
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by flastnoles11 View Post
More than enough for those, and cod black ops 2 online... sprints 3g handles those quite nicely in my house with no lag


Sprint GS3 FAQ THREAD
Hehe, I get a good 2mbps on 3G with 100 ms ping. I couldn't ever get my NAT type to be any better than Moderate, though. eHRPD actually helps with the ping, bringing it closer to ~80. Haven't tested the Jitter.
 
flastnoles11
Old
#986  
flastnoles11's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4032
Posts: 8,064
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: columbia
Default Re: ALL LTE discussions here, where, when, how fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overstew View Post
Hehe, I get a good 2mbps on 3G with 100 ms ping. I couldn't ever get my NAT type to be any better than Moderate, though. eHRPD actually helps with the ping, bringing it closer to ~80. Haven't tested the Jitter.
Yea my nat is type 3 (strict), still plays just fine though... lol


Sprint GS3 FAQ THREAD

New to the SprintGS3??? Click the link below to get started!!!


 
JDM Civic EG8
Old
#987  
JDM Civic EG8's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 323
Posts: 2,081
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Illinois...but where?
Default Re: ALL LTE discussions here, where, when, how fast!

True 5Mbps is still nice I can't complain since 3G is still garbage in my area. I lost 4G for a whole day a few days ago wanted to shoot myself. Some pages wouldn't load and couldn't upload pictures to Instagram haha.

Sent From My Rooted SG3

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by edfunkycold View Post
Wow that's just so unfair, I get 25 to 27 down in my house. I love it. There's gotta be something in between the tower and your house. Or is your house closer to the tower?

Transmitted with a portable device using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
My house is really close to the tower :/

Sent From My Rooted SG3
 
edfunkycold
Old
#988  
edfunkycold's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 4293
Posts: 5,384
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: S. FLORIDA
Default Re: ALL LTE discussions here, where, when, how fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM Civic EG8 View Post
True 5Mbps is still nice I can't complain since 3G is still garbage in my area. I lost 4G for a whole day a few days ago wanted to shoot myself. Some pages wouldn't load and couldn't upload pictures to Instagram haha.

Sent From My Rooted SG3

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 AM ----------



My house is really close to the tower :/

Sent From My Rooted SG3
I'm like 3/4 mile away from the tower, but I have learned he closer to it I get the weaker the signal gets.


Transmitted with a portable device using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
 
PvtJoker
Old
#989  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 77
Join Date: Jul 2012
Default Re: ALL LTE discussions here, where, when, how fast!

Snapshot if speeds here in kerrville texas

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361580853380.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	1752796  
 
shinsplitter
Old
#990  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 20
Join Date: Jul 2008
Default Redmond, WA got a flicker of LTE for about 20 minutes today

Hey folks, Got my first little taste of LTE this afternoon. I had LTE for all of 20 minutes at work. Speeds were about 2.0mbs which is about 2x what I normally get here. I wasn't expecting too much as they apparently have just over 1% of the LTE towers upgraded around here so far, AND since it wasn't on for very long I'm assuming they just fired up the LTE to make sure the install on that tower was good. It's got my hopes up and I'm excited that it's finally coming

Have a great day
Catapultam habeo. isi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane = I have a catapult.
Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Magnu frater spectat te... = Big Brother is watching you.

Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! = Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

Utinam barbari saptium proprium tuum invadant! = May barbarians invade your personal space!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes