Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,807 Members 52,519 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Modding HTC One X Desktop Dock?

Tip us?

icingdeath88
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafob View Post
Also, I find it funny that you had to insert two pads on the bottom of the dock to raise your phone whereas I had to shave off the two plastic tabs where you have your pads to lower my phone to get a better contact. But looks like neither one of us needs the plastic tray nor will we be able to use a case w/ our phones.

Just wished HTC had made a stupid dock for the HOXL/HOXL+ from the get-go...
That's odd. Yea I really wonder why they would bother putting the pogo pads on the phones in the first place and then not make a dock to go with them.
Old - Samsung epix, iphone 4
Current - htc one x

AF241
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I have modded a one x dock, when I place my phone in the dock the phone charges and the orientation changes to landscape. All seem to be good but I don't get sounds through the dock nor do I get to the proper desktop dock mode. Any idea what maybe wrong?

icingdeath88
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by AF241 View Post
I have modded a one x dock, when I place my phone in the dock the phone charges and the orientation changes to landscape. All seem to be good but I don't get sounds through the dock nor do I get to the proper desktop dock mode. Any idea what maybe wrong?
This is entirely a guess, but maybe one or two of the pogo pins isn't making good contact with the pad? Or, maybe one of the connections inside the dock didn't get connected before putting it back together? It's hard to troubleshoot that kind of problem without having the device right in front of you sometimes.
Old - Samsung epix, iphone 4
Current - htc one x
The Following User Says Thank You to icingdeath88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]