Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROM] CM 10.1 (Android 4.2) for RazrHD XT925/XT926

OP epinter

20th February 2013, 11:42 PM   |  #271  
EcHoFiiVe's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mundelein. IL
Thanks Meter: 742
 
1,569 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Re: [ROM] CM 10.1 (Android 4.2) for RazrHD XT925
Quote:
Originally Posted by epinter

It's fast to find the network ... I think it's normal
Your work on Photon Q uses which kernel ? 4.2 is working for you ?

You can also use this on Atrix HD, if you make it compatible with SafeStrap. Once you do, this can be modded slightly to work for us.

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app
20th February 2013, 11:49 PM   |  #272  
epinter's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Sao Paulo
Thanks Meter: 7,328
 
896 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilax_CZ

Stock firmware on the Photon Q (latest ICS fw, no JB out yet) is using version 3.1.1.14_0731.1. In CM there it says (in CORE/MAC/inc/qwlan_version.h) that the firmware version 3.1.2.5, but differs from the 3.2.1.5 in codeaurora.org, in the commit epinter said it's 3.1.1.14. Also, I couldn't find 3.1.1.14 on code aurora. Well a bit puzzling

Where did you take the prima wlan driver from or which from branch / tag?

Was a long time investigating, comparing branches, testing code, debugging... Get the drivers/staging/prima directory from the kernel I'm using, I think it will work for you. The branch I got it from, there's some commits that breaks the driver on motorola ... I will try to remember the right branch. Why don't you try to compare the kernel from 925 and photon Q to solve the display problems, so we can share the same kernel ?

TIP: don't believe that a higher prima-wlan driver version means the driver is the newer ... it's a mess
21st February 2013, 12:44 AM   |  #273  
Skrilax_CZ's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 1,351
 
902 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by epinter

Was a long time investigating, comparing branches, testing code, debugging... Get the drivers/staging/prima directory from the kernel I'm using, I think it will work for you. The branch I got it from, there's some commits that breaks the driver on motorola ... I will try to remember the right branch. Why don't you try to compare the kernel from 925 and photon Q to solve the display problems, so we can share the same kernel ?

TIP: don't believe that a higher prima-wlan driver version means the driver is the newer ... it's a mess

I'm planning to take a look on the kernel display driver issue when I resolve other issues (wanted to get rid of the Sprint crap fast). While it has become daily useable for those who have GSM modded phone (yeah, no CDMA :P), still I've yet to fix bluetooth / gps etc. .

Oh and XT925 kernel works on the Photon Q when it comes to display, it's broken by one of the commits.

As of the prima ... yeah I'm using yours, and it's fine, with the exception of the very long scanning (I guess that occurs on sometimes only.) Once it connects, all fine ... so moreless good. And yeah, it's horrible mess in their repos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcHoFiiVe

You can also use this on Atrix HD, if you make it compatible with SafeStrap. Once you do, this can be modded slightly to work for us.

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app

There aren't many differences between the phones with MSM8960.
Last edited by Skrilax_CZ; 21st February 2013 at 12:47 AM.
21st February 2013, 01:08 PM   |  #274  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Re: [ROM] CM 10.1 (Android 4.2) for RazrHD XT925
Hi, I still have troubles with the gps which seems to be offline. I know there's the internal or external setting that could solve this, but I cannot find it in this ROM, does anyone have a clue?

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app
21st February 2013, 03:29 PM   |  #275  
madmonkey57's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 249
 
528 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadonf

Hi, I still have troubles with the gps which seems to be offline.

Not sure what your problem is exactly, pointing you to this post just in case...
The Following User Says Thank You to madmonkey57 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2013, 04:55 PM   |  #276  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Re: [ROM] CM 10.1 (Android 4.2) for RazrHD XT925
Thanks I'll try that, but it could be slightly different as I can actually see the icon flashing in the bar.

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app
21st February 2013, 05:10 PM   |  #277  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
736 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadonf

Thanks I'll try that, but it could be slightly different as I can actually see the icon flashing in the bar.

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app

I have the same issue, i have the icon but never see sats or get a lock.

If mads fix works for you I will giver a try
21st February 2013, 05:21 PM   |  #278  
Skrilax_CZ's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 1,351
 
902 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
Donate to Me
More
Interesting, I have a same issue with GPS on the Photon Q (gps icon never shows up).
21st February 2013, 05:21 PM   |  #279  
madmonkey57's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 249
 
528 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadonf

Thanks I'll try that, but it could be slightly different as I can actually see the icon flashing in the bar.

Mmm... I'm afraid it's not gonna work then...
23rd February 2013, 02:05 AM   |  #280  
core720's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,745
 
1,461 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
Comming soon 4.2.2???

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes