[ROM] Stock OTA 2.04.605.2 710RD rooted ROM (No Radio)

Search This thread

commandlinekid

Nov 14, 2012
New York
I tried this and it works but now my screen flickers every 8-20 seconds.

Also, I see Verizon is telling me I need to do an OTA update to:
HTC6435LVW_2.04.605.2-1.15.605.4

So is there an update or do I just need to keep deferring? And how to fix the flicker from this file you posted? Thanks.

Here's the new Stock OTA 2.04.605.2 710RD rooted ROM.

This does not have new radio or firmware.

Flash from recovery to install.

Devs can use also, just credit.

If wifi don't work, or won't boot, flash boot.img.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390288116658474610

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

commandlinekid

Nov 14, 2012
New York
I think it's fixed!?!??

You need to do what I did I think. I flashed the zip file in TWRP, then I did another method to upgrade the kernel using adb. And the flicker appears to be gone now....since I did the second thing. So yes, you will be doing "something" with that zip file Twice. The first time With the zip file, then the second time With the boot.img file inside the zipfile.

And for the record: It doesn't sound like the method I used is the best way to do it, but that's the advice I got hodgepodge throughout the day in various groups.

Link for the FIRST thing I did:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38015322

Info that will show you the SECOND method that got rid of the flashing:

---------------------
#1 that is called a custom rom.
#2 do not take the .4 ota
#3 to fix your flickering issue go into adb with your phone connected with usb debugging on and type
download the rom on your computer and extract the boot.img out. place it in a folder in your computer called android
Adb reboot bootloader
then type
fastboot flash boot C:\android\boot.img
then your done..
---------------------

And that quoted text was from this conversation I had:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2156364

The flicker is horrible

Last edited:

commandlinekid

Nov 14, 2012
New York
I didn't wipe anything.

As I understand it (again there's probably a better way to do it), when I flashed it the first time it just updated the files, but not the kernel.

Bottom line: You don't lose any data, you don't loose your settings, or anything. To me (layman) I think of this as an update, not a fresh install.

Did u do full wipe and flash boot.img? Down load it again.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor
Re: [ROM] Stock OTA 2.04.605.2 710RD rooted ROM

I didn't wipe anything.

As I understand it (again there's probably a better way to do it), when I flashed it the first time it just updated the files, but not the kernel.

Bottom line: You don't lose any data, you don't loose your settings, or anything. To me (layman) I think of this as an update, not a fresh install.

This is not an update, but a rom, based off the new ota update. If your conning off any other rom, u need a full data wipe.

djnikko

Mar 16, 2007
www.boostfm.com
Re: [ROM] Stock OTA 2.04.605.2 710RD rooted ROM

If were s-off will this install radio and kernel?

posted by Droid DNA/Transformer Infinity

mtmjr90

Aug 4, 2011
San Jose, CA
plus.google.com
I have a couple questions now that we have S-OFF. From what I understand throughout the thread, this file lacks the radio/baseband/firmware update. First, is it possible now to have one file that flashes all of the updates? Second, does such a file exist anywhere? Sorry if these are base-level questions...I'm not too experienced with HTC weirdness (used to Nexus). Thanks!

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor
I have a couple questions now that we have S-OFF. From what I understand throughout the thread, this file lacks the radio/baseband/firmware update. First, is it possible now to have one file that flashes all of the updates? Second, does such a file exist anywhere? Sorry if these are base-level questions...I'm not too experienced with HTC weirdness (used to Nexus). Thanks!

No file exits yet.

dabomb697

Jun 23, 2010
San Jose, CA
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already but I was s-on and unlocked but I wanted the OTA. So all I did was flash the stock recovery then took the OTA. Once it was done I did lose root but I was still unlocked so all I had to do was flash my twrp recovery back on and then flash my supersu zip and boom I have a rooted OTA with radios and all.

elkay

Apr 6, 2005
github.com
Applying the new OTA over this ROM fails. BackupRestoreConfirmation.apk is off by one byte and InputDevices.apk is off by 3 bytes. That's as far as I've gotten so far. Not sure why these files are not the exact same size in this ROM as in the first OTA.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's the new Stock OTA 2.04.605.2 710RD rooted ROM.

This does not have new radio or firmware.

Flash from recovery to install.

Devs can use also, just credit.

If wifi don't work, or won't boot, flash boot.img.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390288116658474610

So fastbooting the radio.img wont work.

the radio *should* update (somone correct me if im wrong) fine in hboot as long as your locked....but you wont be able to revert to the previous radio
    the radio *should* update (somone correct me if im wrong) fine in hboot as long as your locked....but you wont be able to revert to the previous radio

I'm with Justin. Past history has shown that you can upgrade but not downgrade with s-on. We had this problem with the Rezound.

Also past experience has shown that a phone this new, the update is the major part. The radios should not have even changed with the update. There were no connectivity issues to fix which would call for firmware update.

SUGGEST: Strip new kernel, replace with LK or Cubed. Flash modules and new software.

From what i'm hearing, not much of an update if you are on a rooted phone with tweaks enabled. Viper tweaks allows users to do everything that the update fixes, minus wifi which i cannot speak on as i rarely use wifi but have never had an issue with it.
    So if I flash this with TWRP, I'll have the full OTA, radio and boot loader, as well as rooted?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

No, the only way to get the newer firmware is to take the OTA
    So this ROM just makes getting root easier?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

all this rom is, is the base rom 2.04 + Superuser/busybox so it has root built in essentially

its so you dont have to flash the superuser.zip that gives you root it has it built in but you still need to unlock your bootloader and flash a custom recovery first or you cant do anything with this rom