5,595,428 Members 48,149 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hulu plus errors

Tip us?

fireguy0306
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Default Re: Hulu plus errors

Not sure I know other phones work after relocking.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

fireguy0306
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Default Re: Hulu plus errors

Relock your bootloader after you get S-off

matteebee
Old
Thanks Meter 237

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireguy0306 View Post
Relock your bootloader after you get S-off

Didn't work for me, but thanks for the suggestion.
Stay thirsty, my friends

fireguy0306
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Some roms have issues as well. So in addition to relocking some roms won't work

CharliesTheMan
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2473

DONATE TO ME
If it's something important, do some googling on making hulu work on custom roms, and patching roms for hulu.

On the Nexus 7 it was an issue on custom roms. When paradigm came out hulu didn't work but one of our users needed it, so Adrynalyne did some work in the Rom, I think it was DRM related, and it worked perfect once he fixed it.

Do some research on it and when you find interesting stuff just come back and post it in this thread. Then we can put our brains together and see what we can figure out and the devs that are willing can try and incorporate the fix.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Help CharliesTheMan out by signing up for Copy with this link https://copy.com?r=lK6L1Y

matteebee
Old
Thanks Meter 237

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharliesTheMan View Post
If it's something important, do some googling on making hulu work on custom roms, and patching roms for hulu.

On the Nexus 7 it was an issue on custom roms. When paradigm came out hulu didn't work but one of our users needed it, so Adrynalyne did some work in the Rom, I think it was DRM related, and it worked perfect once he fixed it.

Do some research on it and when you find interesting stuff just come back and post it in this thread. Then we can put our brains together and see what we can figure out and the devs that are willing can try and incorporate the fix.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Thanks for the support. Unfortunately it's just not that important. Relocking the bootloader did get rid of the popup from the earlier screenshot error but I get audio and a black screen. The odd part is the network logo is displaying but video is black?! I know there are scripts and apps to run said scripts on boot etc. but honestly if Hulu wants to make it so difficult they can go f themselves. Their content is just not worth it. It's mostly principle and proof of concept. Hulu can rot.
Stay thirsty, my friends

CharliesTheMan
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2473

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteebee View Post
Thanks for the support. Unfortunately it's just not that important. Relocking the bootloader did get rid of the popup from the earlier screenshot error but I get audio and a black screen. The odd part is the network logo is displaying but video is black?! I know there are scripts and apps to run said scripts on boot etc. but honestly if Hulu wants to make it so difficult they can go f themselves. Their content is just not worth it. It's mostly principle and proof of concept. Hulu can rot.
Have you contacted hulu? I saw that other thread you posted in after I had posted my reply in this one. I was just wondering if you emailed them and got a response? If not I'm gonna shoot them an email.
Help CharliesTheMan out by signing up for Copy with this link https://copy.com?r=lK6L1Y

The Following User Says Thank You to CharliesTheMan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

matteebee
Old
Thanks Meter 237

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharliesTheMan View Post
Have you contacted hulu? I saw that other thread you posted in after I had posted my reply in this one. I was just wondering if you emailed them and got a response? If not I'm gonna shoot them an email.
I have not. My symptom is that I get audio and a network logo but a black screen in the app. Browser says device not supported. Flash enabled, desktop view, doesn't matter. I'm s-off so I've tried locked bootloader, unlocked, everything short of running a script on boot. Hulu is just too finicky for me. I spent hours with my webOS phone hexediting your flashplayers identifier from webOS to windows and I can confirm it works there, but just don't feel like putting in the hours here. Netflix, directv, xfinity player, hbogo all work flawlessly. If you want to pursue it with them, please keep me in the loop. I usually end up cursing and elevating my blood pressure all over a matter of principle. Bah!

Stay thirsty, my friends
Stay thirsty, my friends

fireguy0306
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I didn't think the it ever worked via the browser, for any phone. What error does the app give you?

matteebee
Old
Thanks Meter 237

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireguy0306 View Post
I didn't think the it ever worked via the browser, for any phone. What error does the app give you?

No error, just get a black screen with the network logo and full audio. Scroll bar works too.

Stay thirsty, my friends
Stay thirsty, my friends