Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,414 Members 53,484 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

RAZR HD XT925 Rogers/Fido now receiving Jelly bean!

Tip us?

itzik_man
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
I've managed to change the "RC" by editing the spn-conf.xml file and remove the letters RC, or changing the file's permission (uncheck read permissions for group and other). Either way, the carrier name goes back to "Rogers" which is carrier #302720.
Can you give me more details & steps how to find the file or how to fix the permissions?

saloums7
Old
Thanks Meter 39
If you want to hide completely "ROGERS" from showing up, edit the file and put a space. Works fine and it still shows emergency calls only & other notifs. You can change the permissions depending on how you access your files, on Root Explorer just hold the file and with the menu you can change permissions.

The file is located in system/etc
The Following User Says Thank You to saloums7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chgrbt
Old
(Last edited by chgrbt; 22nd February 2013 at 01:26 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Default Re: RAZR HD XT925 Rogers/Fido now receiving Jelly bean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzik_man View Post
Can you give me more details & steps how to find the file or how to fix the permissions?
And if you do what saloums7 suggested, and hide "Rogers" you'll have more space on the top bar for notifications, and when you travel, the roaming network should still show up because it will be a different network number than Rogers.

Sent from my XT925 using xda premium
Device: Motorola RAZR HD LTE XT925
Carrier: Rogers & Bell
Old friends: HTC Diamond, Motorola (XT615, Defy+, RIZR Z8, Krzr K1, V3, Startac, V60c)

agentj642
Old
(Last edited by agentj642; 22nd February 2013 at 05:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Sorry, Posted in wrong thread, can't delete myself. mods plz remove/delete.

itzik_man
Old
Thanks Meter 50
A quick note on the Rogers official JB:
Testing results with AnTuTu Benchmark on ICS were higher then the performance results on JB - 9200 to 9700 JB vs. 10500 to 11200 ICS.
Although, the speed test of my network (LTE) was much faster on JB.

felcom
Old
Thanks Meter 1

I'm kinda lost here. Hoping for some advice. To sum up I'm on the 49003 software version. I have Rogers xt925 that I'm using on Fido network. Phone got sent in to Future Tel for repairs and they re flashed it with 49003.

Now I'm not getting the OTA update. It's been a month almost since they released it and my phone still says it's up to date. What should I do? Is there a fix to get back on the correct version? Is my phone forever stuck on ICS? Should I just wait? Or is Rogers/Fido not even aware some people might be on this old software. I'm not very techy and I don't really understand much of what is discussed here... But I was told couple days back that methods described here are for unlocked bootloader only. My phone is untouched from factory. It's not rooted or the bootloader(whatever that is) has not been unlocked. Any advice is really appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app

danifunker
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 239

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by felcom View Post
I'm kinda lost here. Hoping for some advice. To sum up I'm on the 49003 software version. I have Rogers xt925 that I'm using on Fido network. Phone got sent in to Future Tel for repairs and they re flashed it with 49003.

Now I'm not getting the OTA update. It's been a month almost since they released it and my phone still says it's up to date. What should I do? Is there a fix to get back on the correct version? Is my phone forever stuck on ICS? Should I just wait? Or is Rogers/Fido not even aware some people might be on this old software. I'm not very techy and I don't really understand much of what is discussed here... But I was told couple days back that methods described here are for unlocked bootloader only. My phone is untouched from factory. It's not rooted or the bootloader(whatever that is) has not been unlocked. Any advice is really appreciated. Thanks

You should open up a case with Motorola tech support and tell them you haven't received jelly been yet and ask them what to do.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2
Need help restoring your Motorola phone back to stock firmware? Check out my tutorial here

gilnfld
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I recently bought a rogers XT925 from a friend. This was already updated OTA to JB 4.1.2.
I wanted to get some feedback from some of you who have compared the performance of this OTA to the the Brazilian/German Retail SBF. I got my BL unlocked and the modem/fsg files from Rogers ICS are on hand. I am downloading now the Brazilian SBF and just wanted to see what people here thought of that release. Is it as smooth as the Rogers OTA? Anything missing from it? Battery comparison?

gs

felcom
Old
Thanks Meter 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by danifunker View Post
You should open up a case with Motorola tech support and tell them you haven't received jelly been yet and ask them what to do.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2
Is there no other way to install it myself? I'm pretty sure they will just tell me to send it back to Future Tel. I don't have another phone... I sold my old phone and can't really go without a phone. My work revolves around my phone.

gio5660m
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by felcom View Post
Is there no other way to install it myself? I'm pretty sure they will just tell me to send it back to Future Tel. I don't have another phone... I sold my old phone and can't really go without a phone. My work revolves around my phone.

None at the moment, at least not without unlocking the bootloader/losing warranty and trying the files posted a few pages back http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=38085875&postcount=180 at your own risk of course, in same boat here, I lost root when did OTA to jb and at time did not know about the restoreroot script some have had success with so used rsd lite to restore ICS (guessing same procedure Future Tel did) so now stuck... But at least you have a more legit claim as you did not do it yourself.. (whose future tel? are they related to Motorola/Fido?) For paid repair you shouldn't get a solution that gets ya stuck with no future ota updates for sure... Heh, hopefully leads to a resolution that others like me can maybe use