Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[HOWTO] [ROOT] No Tripping Flash Counter [Tmobile / Wind / Mobilicity / Videotron]

OP mrRobinson

22nd February 2013, 08:20 AM   |  #991  
isa_rod's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Where I lay My Head
Thanks Meter: 2
 
125 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Odin Flashable TWRP Recovery - openrecovery-twrp-2.3.1.0-d2tmo.tar.md5

Where do I put this in Odin at?? PDA as usual??
22nd February 2013, 01:30 PM   |  #992  
mrRobinson's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,439
 
2,370 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Re: [HOWTO] [ROOT] No Tripping Flash Counter [Tmobile / Wind / Mobilicity / Videotron
Quote:
Originally Posted by isa_rod

Odin Flashable TWRP Recovery - openrecovery-twrp-2.3.1.0-d2tmo.tar.md5

Where do I put this in Odin at?? PDA as usual??

Yes.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrRobinson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2013, 03:38 PM   |  #993  
Senior Member
Aurora
Thanks Meter: 46
 
910 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Thank You! Thank You!
The Following User Says Thank You to krntehknik303 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 03:35 AM   |  #994  
frettfreak's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Apple Valley, CA
Thanks Meter: 108
 
733 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
Thumbs up
So this is my second s3 that i am rooting and the first one i did the unified toolkit. While the unified was simple and pretty easy, this was WAY easier and i didnt loose anything (which has never happened when i rooted any phone before).

Was able to download goo manager, afterward and install twrp and my flash counter is still on zero!! This rocks and SHOULD BE STICKIED!!

Thanks a ton mrRobinson!!!
25th February 2013, 05:16 AM   |  #995  
seshaz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tucson
Thanks Meter: 280
 
1,103 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Re: [HOWTO] [ROOT] No Tripping Flash Counter [Tmobile / Wind / Mobilicity / Videotron
Quote:
Originally Posted by frettfreak

So this is my second s3 that i am rooting and the first one i did the unified toolkit. While the unified was simple and pretty easy, this was WAY easier and i didnt loose anything (which has never happened when i rooted any phone before).

Was able to download goo manager, afterward and install twrp and my flash counter is still on zero!! This rocks and SHOULD BE STICKIED!!

Thanks a ton mrRobinson!!!

Have you booted into recovery or flashed another kernel?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
25th February 2013, 05:18 AM   |  #996  
frettfreak's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Apple Valley, CA
Thanks Meter: 108
 
733 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
Re: [HOWTO] [ROOT] No Tripping Flash Counter [Tmobile / Wind / Mobilicity / Videotron
Quote:
Originally Posted by seshaz

Have you booted into recovery or flashed another kernel?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Booted into recovery but actually just installed a new Roman and noticed my flash counter went to 1 however triangle away took care of it without any issue so no worries.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
25th February 2013, 07:46 AM   |  #997  
seshaz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tucson
Thanks Meter: 280
 
1,103 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Re: [HOWTO] [ROOT] No Tripping Flash Counter [Tmobile / Wind / Mobilicity / Videotron
Quote:
Originally Posted by frettfreak

Booted into recovery but actually just installed a new Roman and noticed my flash counter went to 1 however triangle away took care of it without any issue so no worries.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I wish there was a way to flash **** and still be able to watch downloaded movies from media hub or any DRM content

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
26th February 2013, 12:44 AM   |  #998  
Perseus's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Atlantis
Thanks Meter: 4,626
 
7,535 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seshaz

I wish there was a way to flash **** and still be able to watch downloaded movies from media hub or any DRM content

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

If you use Mobile ODIN & SuperSU Pro then this is possible. I am not sure which one or both are needed. But this will do it. Besides donating Chainfire for both is worth your money since you have the S3. Besides he is one of the best persons around here.
27th February 2013, 05:19 PM   |  #999  
frettfreak's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Apple Valley, CA
Thanks Meter: 108
 
733 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
Re: [HOWTO] [ROOT] No Tripping Flash Counter [Tmobile / Wind / Mobilicity / Videotron
Quote:
Originally Posted by seshaz

I wish there was a way to flash **** and still be able to watch downloaded movies from media hub or any DRM content

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

I am not sure I understand. Why wouldn't you be able to watch those?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
27th February 2013, 06:27 PM   |  #1000  
Perseus's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Atlantis
Thanks Meter: 4,626
 
7,535 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frettfreak

I am not sure I understand. Why wouldn't you be able to watch those?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

If your Flash counter is >0 or Device Status is Modified then Samsung Media Hub won't play or download movies. It will throw some sort of DRM Error.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
flash counter, root, t999, uvalem, warranty
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes