5,815,179 Members 38,457 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[NOW PUBLIC] Team Codefire Presents: Project FreeGee for Bell, Rogers and Telus

Tip us?

ATRIXXIRTA
Old
Thanks Meter 731
Default Re: [NOW PUBLIC] Team Codefire Presents: Project FreeGee for Bell, Rogers and Telus

Use this recovery. It works perfect for creating and restoring backups. And its touch interface is MUUUCH nicer to use.

http://db.tt/xWM9G7dH

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk 2
Phones: Motorola Atrix 4G ---> Samsung Galaxy Nexus (temporarily) ---> LG Optimus 3d ---> Samsung Galaxy SII LTE Skyrocket ---> LG Optimus G ---> Sony Xperia ZL ---> Motorola Moto G
My Roms/Ports: CarbonRom/CarbonClash (port): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2181390
Thanks: XDA and all its members. Without you I'd still be an uneducated bumpkin complaining about my shi**y phone.

Funk2641
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Hi, I seem to have some issues:

I've tried the FreeGee app from the marketplace and get this error: "there was a problem untaring the file. Please try again"

I've tried the .bat file and it says:

./freegee.sh[7]: exhit: not found
./freegee.sh.[12]: busybox: not found
This script is for the wrong device...etc, even though I have a bell device and downloaded the bell version.

What could be causing these issues? My software version is E97310h, if that helps

Thanks

dpvu
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Default Re: [NOW PUBLIC] Team Codefire Presents: Project FreeGee for Bell, Rogers and Telus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk2641 View Post

I've tried the FreeGee app from the marketplace and get this error: "there was a problem untaring the file. Please try again"

This script is for the wrong device...etc, even though I have a bell device and downloaded the bell version.

What could be causing these issues? My software version is E97310h, if that helps

Thanks
Are you rooted?

Sent from my LG-E973 using xda app-developers app

Funk2641
Old
Thanks Meter 57
yep

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

ooop, it was busybox being a pain in the neck

it's all good

holydhaliwal
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Whenever I try flashing a rom using twrp I get error, unable to mount usb-otg, any ideas?

Shelnutt2
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1,642

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by holydhaliwal View Post
Whenever I try flashing a rom using twrp I get error, unable to mount usb-otg, any ideas?
That's normal. Were gonna push an update with newer recoveries soon here.

Sent from my cm_geehrc_sp using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Shelnutt2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xxbeanxx
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Is flashing aboot and boot necessary or can I just flash recovery to get cwm?
I really only want cwm for nandroid backups and to flash an odd zip here and there.

tankzar
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk2641 View Post

Thanks
+1, having the same issues here. I am rooted, confirmed with Root Checker. Anybody have any ideas?

Shelnutt2
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1,642

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbeanxx View Post
Is flashing aboot and boot necessary or can I just flash recovery to get cwm?
I really only want cwm for nandroid backups and to flash an odd zip here and there.

You can skip boot but you need aboot (bootloader).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankzar View Post
+1, having the same issues here. I am rooted, confirmed with Root Checker. Anybody have any ideas?
Install busybox from the market.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Shelnutt2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SharkbotJR
Old
Thanks Meter 11

Just wondering if this is safe to use on my e973. I did an ota update when I got the phone a couple of days ago. I got root and installed busy box. Dont know what other info I need.

Sent from my LG-E973 using xda app-developers app