[MOD][TouchWiz] 240 dpi Apps.

OP droidstyle

25th December 2012, 12:27 AM   |  #61  
Thanks Meter: 7

43 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckoz2302

Set build prop back to 320.

Xposed per app dpi. To set systemui and other programs I like ranging from 200 to 280 dpi.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

This worked beautifully for me. Thanks for posting it! It feels like I have all the benefits of PA while staying on a touchwiz rom.

Quick question: did you set any other system components to 240 besides systemui? I noticed there is a small gap between the notification bar and the rest of the screen, just wanted to make sure I want missing anything.

Thanks again!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
25th December 2012, 12:30 AM   |  #62  
Raleigh
Thanks Meter: 1,695

889 posts
Donate to Me
More
Still trying to figure that out. Believe its because framework isnt included...

25th December 2012, 12:38 AM   |  #63  

43 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckoz2302

Still trying to figure that out. Believe its because framework isnt included...

Yeah, install the Xposed framework app, run it, then install the framework from within the app. Restart your phone. Then install the Per App apk, and then go back to the Xposed App and enable the Per App app under modules. Restart your phone again. Now you can go to the Per App app and start playing around with the dpis. This works for me on CleanRom 3.5, don't know about Beans' or any other roms.
25th December 2012, 01:53 AM   |  #64  
Raleigh

889 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yea ..I said that. What I was saying is you cannot include the framework-res.apk aka system.uid.android in the settings for dpi as it runs off of build prop. Which is the answer as to why he was getting the small gap at the top between the systemui bar

25th December 2012, 01:57 AM   |  #65  

43 posts
Ahh my bad, I mixed up usernames when I responded. Thanks for the answer though, the gap isn't a real big deal, nothing I can't live with.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
25th December 2012, 02:01 AM   |  #66  
Raleigh

889 posts
Donate to Me
More
No prob homie enjoy

30th December 2012, 08:22 PM   |  #67  
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 49

563 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerkface80

Yeah, install the Xposed framework app, run it, then install the framework from within the app. Restart your phone. Then install the Per App apk, and then go back to the Xposed App and enable the Per App app under modules. Restart your phone again. Now you can go to the Per App app and start playing around with the dpis. This works for me on CleanRom 3.5, don't know about Beans' or any other roms.

How about tablet mode, will that kick in also?

8th February 2013, 01:53 AM   |  #68  
Thanks Meter: 286

857 posts
Re: [MOD][TouchWiz] 240 dpi Apps.
Bump. Thanks again for these. Still find myself digging back through the themes section to find this thread. No doubt, this phone was made to run at 240 DPI and under. Looks so much better.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
23rd February 2013, 05:33 AM   |  #69  
Thanks Meter: 11

261 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidstyle

This is not my work...these files are from the international note2 & gs3 which are both exynos devices. I tested the apks listed below and they work just fine on the I605 Note 2. If you are running 240dpi you will notice some of the apps are not sized correctly...this mod will fix that. Must be flashed in CWM recovery! Not all of the apk's in the thread links are compatible...MAKE A BACKUP Before Flashing!

LINK(*do not use the flashbar.apk or launcher.apk they do not play nice from this link)
LINK2

*Here are the 240 dpi apk's for folks who do not have a custom recovery! You must push this to the system/app folder..Rename the original your replacing .bak that way its easy to restore simply by removing the .bak extension.

Calculator.apk
Camera.apk
Clock.apk
Mutliwindow_Flashbar.apk(this will need to be renamed .apk before pushing to system/app)
Email.apk
Exchange.apk

thank you
8th March 2013, 03:42 PM   |  #70  
Flag France
Thanks Meter: 87

482 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi all,

just reporting here ... Camera and FlashBarService (funcky look though but ok still) work here on galaxy note 2 n7100 running MIUI 3.2.22

switched to 240density, backup existing apks, downloaded apks, pushed to /system/app, chmod 644 on apks and that's it

Small issue, after I shot a photo, when I click on the miniature on the botom left, I'm not taken to anywhere (expected to be taken to a gallery showing camera pictures)
No nig issue thoug, thanks
Last edited by dawabz94; 8th March 2013 at 03:45 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread