5,599,135 Members 34,828 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Video Recording Functionality

Tip us?

Barmalei
Old
(Last edited by Barmalei; 27th February 2013 at 06:29 AM.) Reason: updated and shortened; don't know how to delete the thread
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Video Recording Functionality

I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to turn off camera functionality of start/finish video recording by touching the screen.

UPDATE: issue resolved by @SRI@, thank you

@SRI@
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barmalei View Post
I am frustrated by an added camera functionality on the latest WP versions - now in order to start/finish video recording you only need to touch the screen - anywhere on the screen. For those of us who frequently uses video recording this is actually not convenient because it is easy to accidentally stop the recording by touching the screen, especially during longer recordings (>3 minutes), or when passing the phone to another person while recording is underway.

I run into this problem again and again, but I would hate to revert to an earlier WP7 version because of this (I am running a nice Dynamics HD2O 2.00b WP7.8 8858 ROM on my HTC HD2). So I am wondering if anyone can think of a way to remove this functionality (or allow the screen to be completely turned off while recording video, as this could also save battery charge) by tweaking registry, or an app that does that, etc.

Thank you.
hi,

You can disable this from Settings>applications>Pictures+Camera
The Following User Says Thank You to @SRI@ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Barmalei
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by @SRI@ View Post
hi,

You can disable this from Settings>applications>Pictures+Camera
That was easy, thank you very much. Strange that you can't do it from within the camera app itself.

arvin2007
Old
Thanks Meter 16
tanks
Tags
htc hd2, video recording