Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,301 Members 49,896 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Working Gmail - KFHD 7"

Tip us?

Gilly10
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheelslover98 View Post
The same thing happened like before I installed the 2 Google framework packages. Doesn't even launch.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk HD
Hmm... Dunno what's happening then, have you looked at this? - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1895040

That's what I followed when I first got my KFHD & got many of the Google Apps running.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gilly10 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hotwheelslover98
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Re: Working Gmail - KFHD 7"

Ok. Ill take a look at that.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Ok. It seems to be working know. Thanks a lot!

hotwheelslover98
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Oh, and I have one more question. If I delete the framework files that keep it synced, it will remove the account from the device making you have to sign in again. Right?

Gilly10
Old
(Last edited by Gilly10; 7th February 2013 at 10:59 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheelslover98 View Post
Oh, and I have one more question. If I delete the framework files that keep it synced, it will remove the account from the device making you have to sign in again. Right?
If you uninstall/delete the 2 service APKs, none of the Google apps will function.

To remove Google accounts, clear the data for Gmail & the 2 service APKs in Kindle settings.

Kindle Settings > Applications > Installed Applications:

Google Account Manager (Think this is the only one that needs clearing but you can try the other 2, no harm)
Google Service Framework
Gmail

Panixy
Old
Thanks Meter 5
It can only work with root, because it installs into the kindlefire/apps folder and you must move it manually into system/app folder. That can only do with root.

Gilly10
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panixy View Post
It can only work with root, because it installs into the kindlefire/apps folder and you must move it manually into system/app folder. That can only do with root.
It can still work to a certain extent without root, to get the full capability & stability, then yes it needs root.

See - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1895040

hotwheelslover98
Old
Thanks Meter 2

I just tried to clear the data from both. It says that it cleared, but when I go into gmail or and other Google app, the account is still listed as available to sign in to and gmail is still showing the account I signed in to and receiving mail. I uninstalled and reinstalled gmail but it still showed up without having to be configured.

Zelman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Is Gmail better than the stock email app?

hotwheelslover98
Old
Thanks Meter 2

In some ways it is definitely a lot better, but it's also good if you want more of a regular Android experience. (Or you just have a Gmail account you want to access easily.)

evildread
Old
Thanks Meter 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly10 View Post
What KFHD software version are you on?

Everytime I've tested it (4.2.1) the same thing happens with the notifications, it's a strange issue.

I'm on the latest 7.2.3 (Rooted).
Sorry for the late response. I'm on 7.2.3. But for some reason it works fine. I'm thinking I have an older framework? That might be why?

I'm trying to find a topic on finding out the current version of the framework, as I know I need to update it, but can't find a playstore topic

Sent from my KF-HD7