Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,901 Members 53,583 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][WIP][AOSP][P7510][4.0.4]Infamous Open Source Project - **ALPHA** - 02.01.2013

Tip us?

djmatt604
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,764

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM][WIP][AOSP][P7510][4.0.4]Infamous Open Source Project - **ALPHA** - 02.01.20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneza View Post
Err. Houston we have a problem.

Shot for the download bro, but we seem to have a problem. I tried it twice and both times it just stuck at the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 startup screen. First time it got stuck there must admit I got the cold swets, but managed to get back into cwm and restore. After my nerves had settled I decided to attempt round two. This time I left it on the screen for 10min, but same thing

I've never done a logcat before so let me know what I need / must do to get it to you and I'll do so.
Send me a PM. Thx!

Sent from my Infamous Tab.
Past/Current Devices: Galaxy Tab 10.1 (sold), Galaxy S2 T989D x2, Galaxy S3 T999, Galaxy Note2 I317M (sold), HTC One M8 (current)

TEAM INFAMOUS ON FACEBOOK: CLICK HERE

If you're new, THIS IS REQUIRED READING.

djmatt604
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,764

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM][WIP][AOSP][P7510][4.0.4]Infamous Open Source Project - **ALPHA** - 02.01.20

Testing of the 7500 version is still underway but I need more help. Anyone else out there with a GT-P7500 willing to help out? You should be a strong user and know how to recover easily from a bootloop or a freeze should you encounter an issue. PM me if interested.

Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my T989D
Past/Current Devices: Galaxy Tab 10.1 (sold), Galaxy S2 T989D x2, Galaxy S3 T999, Galaxy Note2 I317M (sold), HTC One M8 (current)

The Following User Says Thank You to djmatt604 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

djmatt604
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,764

DONATE TO ME
Hi everyone:

While we continue to work on getting the 7500 an IOSP option, which we can hopefully do, I'm interested in how things are working for 7510 users and the current alpha. The thread has gotten a bit quiet, and it IS an alpha thread, so I am interested to know how people feel about this rom in its current state. Its a given that it is not a daily driver for users that are not necessarily as strong as others or have kids etc, but the whole idea of releasing the rom this early was to generate some outside feedback and see what people think. Stronger users - I encourage you to run the rom for 2 or 3 days, doing different things, and let me know what you see. I personally have been running it for weeks and it performs well for me...although I might be biased, lol.

Is anyone having just brutal, fatal, 'can't do it' problems outside of what is mentioned in the OP that I may need to be aware of? Thank you for your feedback...this is what makes things better

djmatt604
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,764

DONATE TO ME

Hi all:

We are definitely having trouble narrowing down why our cut for the 7500 is not cooperating, and with me not having the device to test with I am going to park the effort for that tablet for now. I'm not all that comfortable releasing something for a device I don't own to begin with... Hope everyone understands.

Attention has turned back to the 7510 and I'm hoping to have an update out in the next week or so..focusing on clearing up the pesky keyboard thing and I have also updated the base to the newest ICS revision branch. I am also working on a Jellybean offering.

Sent from my 4.2.2 GSII

wayneza
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmatt604 View Post
Hi all:

We are definitely having trouble narrowing down why our cut for the 7500 is not cooperating, and with me not having the device to test with I am going to park the effort for that tablet for now. I'm not all that comfortable releasing something for a device I don't own to begin with... Hope everyone understands.

Attention has turned back to the 7510 and I'm hoping to have an update out in the next week or so..focusing on clearing up the pesky keyboard thing and I have also updated the base to the newest ICS revision branch. I am also working on a Jellybean offering.

Sent from my 4.2.2 GSII
No worries and us poor p7500'ers understand Get the base working and then you can share the love
The Following User Says Thank You to wayneza For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jolobe
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Running the rom. Flash isn't working correct. Fashbased items don't work at once but after zooming in out its starting im most cases.
Rom is fluid.
The Following User Says Thank You to jolobe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dang3r1917
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I was planning on flashing this rom on the next update (I just usually give roms one revision before flashing to iron out big bugs), but if you need feedback immediately, I'd be happy to flash the alpha and report back. If you have an update coming out soon though I'll wait and flash that one.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dang3r1917 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

djmatt604
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,764

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by dang3r1917 View Post
I was planning on flashing this rom on the next update (I just usually give roms one revision before flashing to iron out big bugs), but if you need feedback immediately, I'd be happy to flash the alpha and report back. If you have an update coming out soon though I'll wait and flash that one.
Thank you very much!! I have been caught up this week with work and haven't had a chance to focus on updates for the ROMs I maintaining but hopefully next week will be more kind. Feel free to have a look early if you so choose - aside from the items I have called out on the OP, which can be worked around, things are pretty stable here. Would love an extra pair of eyes from anyone who's interested!

Sent from my 4.2.GSII

The Following User Says Thank You to djmatt604 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dang3r1917
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Been running the ROM for a few days now. My settings: 1.4 ghz, deadline, and interactive. I initially didn't run the scripts included, but after running them didn't see much of a difference. I'm comparing to Fourth Bar Revolution with Mackey 1.0.
Most things run just well. There doesn't seem to be a large difference between the two in terms of surfing with Chrome or using Flipboard. I loaded up a video in the Youtube app that lagged for me on FBR . It still lagged in spots, but much less.
Overall I'd say it's an improvement, but not as much of an improvement as I had expected. Keep up te work though and I'll happily keep testing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dang3r1917 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

djmatt604
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,764

DONATE TO ME

Very much appreciate the feedback!! I will update this project but it will take a little while as I work on an update to Infamous Tab and another goodie for everyone

Sent from my 4.2.GSII

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djmatt604 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]