Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,000 Members 38,870 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help?

Tip us?

nviz22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default [Q] Help?

I was looking at two phones as my choices for my next phone. The S4 is my other choice and that one hasn't been revealed yet. Should I get this phone regardless of the S4 or should I look at the S4 to prevent buyer's remorse?

Maedhros
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by nviz22 View Post
I was looking at two phones as my choices for my next phone. The S4 is my other choice and that one hasn't been revealed yet. Should I get this phone regardless of the S4 or should I look at the S4 to prevent buyer's remorse?
Honestly - I say wait.

Either way, we will know about the GS4 before the launch of the HTC One if I'm not mistaken.

KidCarter93
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 6678
Default Re: [Q] Help?

As above, if you're not too sure, you're better off waiting for the s4 so you can test both out.

Also, please post any questions in Q&A from now on.
I'm subscribed to too many threads so I may not notice your reply. To make sure I do, quote my post or add "@KidCarter93" to your reply."
[ m7 | 1.54.401.5 | S-OFF ]
Can't find your answer or not sure where to post? Ask in the XDA Assist Forum
Forum Rules | XDA New User Guide | Getting Moderator Help

"There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand hexadecimal and F the rest."
Follow me on Twitter - @XDAKidCarter93

Riyal
Old
Thanks Meter 1650

DONATE TO ME
Depends. If you're like me who liked the HTC One on a design perspective then get it now. If you look on specs or features then better wait and decide.

onlinejobwork
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Default Re: [Q] Help?

I can make things Simplify its almost confirm that s4 will use 4.9 or 5" screen but dafinately never yet able to made phone using complete metal unibody Samsung is about 85% plastic, afaic I never pay premium price for plastic from now as off coz HTC increase the bar in terms of premium design I don't care at all if it look more or less similar that endless comparison will never end for me how I feel personally to it is more important

Another thing S4 will never have ultra pixel or similar innovation so quick as for now like on HTC one and duel speaker and irda remote and Zoe and complete unibody will surely differentiate HTC ONE from other

For me higher GHz, more mega pixel better benchmark larger screen, card slot or any type software which feature which can be easy to port across android devices and these things can't make phone better so even thought s4 equipped everything but not htc one's premium distinct feature like irda, metal body exact size, qulity cam, ois Zoe, duel and loudest sound

I see Z and One and withing 3 min I finalize on One coz Z got poor viewing angle slow interface, too big and can't take advantage of full 5 inch coz on screen is tricky to appear and dissolved some time and taking space

I suggest don't expect too high but suggest you 'ONE'

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

History: Motorola T180 | Nokia 6610 | Nokia 3350 | Sony Ericsson K-750i | Nokia 3350 | Nokia 3200 | Nokia Express Music 5800 |
HP ipaq 514 | Samsung Omnia | Nokia 6120 Classic | iphone 3Gs | LG Optimus GT-540 | Orange San Francisco | Motorola DEFY
Samsung I5500 Corby | Samsung Galaxy S2 | Samsung Galaxy S3 | Nokia Lumia 820 | Nokia 1661 | HTC One | Lumia 1020 | Moto G | LG G2 (present)

Riyal
Old
Thanks Meter 1650

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlinejobwork View Post
I can make things Simplify its almost confirm that s4 will use 4.9 or 5" screen but dafinately never yet able to made phone using complete metal unibody Samsung is about 85% plastic, afaic I never pay premium price for plastic from now as off coz HTC increase the bar in terms of premium design I don't care at all if it look more or less similar that endless comparison will never end for me how I feel personally to it is more important

Another thing S4 will never have ultra pixel or similar innovation so quick as for now like on HTC one and duel speaker and irda remote and Zoe and complete unibody will surely differentiate HTC ONE from other

For me higher GHz, more mega pixel better benchmark larger screen, card slot or any type software which feature which can be easy to port across android devices and these things can't make phone better so even thought s4 equipped everything but not htc one's premium distinct feature like irda, metal body exact size, qulity cam, ois Zoe, duel and loudest sound

I see Z and One and withing 3 min I finalize on One coz Z got poor viewing angle slow interface, too big and can't take advantage of full 5 inch coz on screen is tricky to appear and dissolved some time and taking space

I suggest don't expect too high but suggest you 'ONE'

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

1. Yes you're right. But samsung will be adding little aluminum on the sides of galaxy s4.

2. Samsung will indeed never have ultrapixel as that is copyrighted by HTC. Plus on my own preferences I would still prefer megapixels over this unless they balance this out. And also! Samsung was the first with the IR Remote so don't say that HTC was first. Even Xperia Z/ZL introduced them earlier than HTC.

3. Just to be fair enough with samsung. Samsung will have irda, S-Pen, multi window.

4. Z does not have poor viewing angles. It's pretty obvious you never seen it personally I could say it's only average but no not poor. And yeah the UI is not slow I didn't encounter any UI hiccups even just once when I was testing it.

And seriously? Too big? Mind you the Xperia Z is only less than 2millimeter bigger than HTC One. That's almost like as thick as the cloth/textile on your shirt.

I am not trying to go against you but I don't really like biased comments.

raptor15sc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The Droid DNA does very well in reviews and benchmarks. Check out the YouTube videos about its reviews and benchmarks.

I have a Note 2 and it is also a good phone if you like to watch movies/shows on the go.