Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,756 Members 50,779 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Will the black model scratch

Tip us?

Riyal
Old
Thanks Meter 1,655

DONATE TO ME
Ok great! And thanks! Didn't know the One S is using anodized aluminum also.

Terminator19
Old
Thanks Meter 245
The grey one S is using anodized aluminium and has no chipping issues.

The black one S has a MAO layer, which has chipping issues, however, HTC quickly fixed it with newer models that had smoother/rounder edges and a bevelled USB port so the chipping didn't happen by itself. Saying that, I have had my one S since April (the first version) and it is still in perfect condition except the edges of the USB port.

AFAIK, the black "one" does not have a MAO finish.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Terminator19 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Riyal
Old
Thanks Meter 1,655

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator19 View Post
The grey one S is using anodized aluminium and has no chipping issues.

The black one S has a MAO layer, which has chipping issues, however, HTC quickly fixed it with newer models that had smoother/rounder edges and a bevelled USB port so the chipping didn't happen by itself. Saying that, I have had my one S since April (the first version) and it is still in perfect condition except the edges of the USB port.

AFAIK, the black "one" does not have a MAO finish.
Thank you! I just googled myself and yeah you are right. Only the black version was having the issue and not the grey one. So yes HTC seems to make durable anodized aluminum and apparently HTC One black isn't using MAO black but a real anodized aluminum finish.

expertzero1
Old
Thanks Meter 368
Default Re: Will the black model scratch

I'm going with the silver due to the fact that my friends black iPhone 5 is ugly lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

TramainM
Old
Thanks Meter 77
My HTC One S scratched when it was first released. It was more of a chipping issue. However they fixed that problem within the coming months. So if they learned from their mistake they should be fine. Only time will tell, but for the sake of beating samsung I hope it doesn't scratch.

stretched
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Throw a skin on it if you are worried. I have kids so my phone gets pretty rough use. I always use skins and a case.

HuDuVuDu
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Default Re: Will the black model scratch

My EVO-LTE is black aluminum body. No color chipping after almost a year. I have zero scratches, it has been in a case but the exposed parts are scratch free.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

bananelol
Old
Thanks Meter 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=_EWqPpYVE08
The Following User Says Thank You to bananelol For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
1887 Old
Thanks Meter 0
Is it fake?

radiotrib
Old
(Last edited by radiotrib; 28th February 2013 at 09:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 124
I wonder if I can fix the scratches on my One-X with a black marker pen too ...

... and after I retrieved it from the mayhem and got into my other car to drive home, the car radio picked up it's bluetooth signal and it played me music for 15 minutes until the battery finally fried from impact damage. I was even able to read my phone stats on the car radio direct from my ex-One-X

============================
HTC One M8 - stock (at the moment)HTC-One - S-OFF, Back to standard ROM ... HTC-One - S-ON, TWRP, ARHD 21.0
Qtek 9100 WinMo 6.1 ... 2 x HTC Desire ... HTC Pico ... HTC One-X - smashed ... HTC One-S drowned ... HTC One X+ ... HTC One SV
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional.