Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ATT/VZW/TMO/SPR + more] [De-Bloater / Utility / AROMA ] Ashaman v3.02 04.04.2013

OP mrRobinson

21st February 2013, 10:32 PM   |  #281  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
NuBe
All:

I am new to this stuff. I just rooted my phone and installed busybox. I wanted to get rid of the bloat so I downloaded The ashaman 2.2 file in the first post. I am not sure how to install it and run it. There are just a bunch of directories and I cannot find an installer. I must be doing something wrong. Help!

Thanks
Last edited by ShokWaveRider; 21st February 2013 at 10:37 PM.
23rd February 2013, 09:41 AM   |  #282  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Boot into recovery and install from zip.
4th March 2013, 04:53 AM   |  #283  
Thanks Meter: 89

1,571 posts
More
Question for Dev. 1st off thanks for this. =) Helps me get rid of that useless samsung cloud stuff. However I noticed 2 things it didnt give an option to remove.

1: The samsung account
2: Samsung Push Service.

Today I learned how many times that push service woke my device in 6 hours.. was over 2000 causing massive drains. So used titanium backup to remove em, but was wondering if they could be added to this installer to debloat too? =)

Oh another thing, There isnt a way to remove "Cloud" from settings is there? Since after we removed all those samsung cloud stuff, this remains.

Could be cool if you could get rid of the verizon backup assistant thing from settings too. Any ideas about those? Thanks. =)
4th March 2013, 05:18 AM   |  #284  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,479

2,372 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticales

Question for Dev. 1st off thanks for this. =) Helps me get rid of that useless samsung cloud stuff. However I noticed 2 things it didnt give an option to remove.

1: The samsung account
2: Samsung Push Service.

Today I learned how many times that push service woke my device in 6 hours.. was over 2000 causing massive drains. So used titanium backup to remove em, but was wondering if they could be added to this installer to debloat too? =)

Oh another thing, There isnt a way to remove "Cloud" from settings is there? Since after we removed all those samsung cloud stuff, this remains.

Could be cool if you could get rid of the verizon backup assistant thing from settings too. Any ideas about those? Thanks. =)

Can you tell me device you are using and version of rom you use? I assume the sch-i535 since you mentioned vzw?

I've been thinking about a cool update to this. If i get around to it this week I'll take a look at those other options. do you know the name of the samsung account app?
samsung push service i should have under second group 14th item just listed as "Samsung Service".
4th March 2013, 06:56 AM   |  #285  

1,571 posts
More
Actually, just see my sig.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2113452 is the rom. I am on T999 (T-Mobiles S3) using ATT service. The rom was based off verizons, that has been since ported for multi carrier use. The only thing that could never be removed it seems is the "Backup assistant" thing. However now that I removed all the samsung account, push service and cloud stuff. The "Cloud" also stays stuck in settings now too.
But yea, just got done using battery stats log and found out (Hopefully) what was causing horrible battery life..
http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...8&d=1362366516 is my log file from that, which was all related to the push service constantly waking my device. So after 5 hours, I was already at 50% of my battery.

But yea, those were 2 things not in your installer to remove, the Samsung account (and I dont know if the Samsung Setup should be removed?) and the samsung push service.

Also I dont know if you had this one either.
http://phandroid.com/2012/03/28/spri...w-to-avoid-it/

I came across it too when avast told me it was installed with this rom. So I removed that too.
4th March 2013, 06:16 PM   |  #286  

2,372 posts
Quote:

Actually, just see my sig.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2113452 is the rom. I am on T999 (T-Mobiles S3) using ATT service. The rom was based off verizons, that has been since ported for multi carrier use. The only thing that could never be removed it seems is the "Backup assistant" thing. However now that I removed all the samsung account, push service and cloud stuff. The "Cloud" also stays stuck in settings now too.
But yea, just got done using battery stats log and found out (Hopefully) what was causing horrible battery life..
http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...8&d=1362366516 is my log file from that, which was all related to the push service constantly waking my device. So after 5 hours, I was already at 50% of my battery.

But yea, those were 2 things not in your installer to remove, the Samsung account (and I dont know if the Samsung Setup should be removed?) and the samsung push service.

Also I dont know if you had this one either.
http://phandroid.com/2012/03/28/spri...w-to-avoid-it/

I came across it too when avast told me it was installed with this rom. So I removed that too.

Ah, i was on mobile and don't see sigs on there. I'll look into this but as far as removing it from settings I'd think you need a framework mod to accomplish that. Not something a de-bloater would be able to do.
4th March 2013, 10:49 PM   |  #287  

1,571 posts
More
Yea, so I heard, Ive read something about a settings.apk that can help remove stuff from the framework. Not sure how that works.

Also today I managed to confirm that this solved my battery issue. Went from 5 hours use which made my battery 50% (mostly from idle too!) to 6 1/2 hours and I am sitting at 89%. So yea, problem solved after removing the samsung bloats + the 2 items I listed from samsung that werent removed. Also that item sprint uses. =)
4th March 2013, 11:24 PM   |  #288  

2,372 posts
Quote:

Yea, so I heard, Ive read something about a settings.apk that can help remove stuff from the framework. Not sure how that works.

Also today I managed to confirm that this solved my battery issue. Went from 5 hours use which made my battery 50% (mostly from idle too!) to 6 1/2 hours and I am sitting at 89%. So yea, problem solved after removing the samsung bloats + the 2 items I listed from samsung that werent removed. Also that item sprint uses. =)

in the de-bloater i have "samsung service". Did you check that? I believe that to be the samsung account. I've found the apk for the samsung push service and in next version if you select to de-bloat samsung service it will remove the push service as well now.
5th March 2013, 06:07 AM   |  #289  

1,571 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrRobinson

in the de-bloater i have "samsung service". Did you check that? I believe that to be the samsung account. I've found the apk for the samsung push service and in next version if you select to de-bloat samsung service it will remove the push service as well now.

Ya I am sure I had it selected. I did from custom debloat, on reboot, I went back in and titanium backup showed it around still, also the sync accounts etc had it still logged in with my email. I "think" the apk is signin.apk since when I just checked now, I didnt see it anymore in my system/app. I shouldve logged it down what it was called before I deleted it.
7th March 2013, 03:17 AM   |  #290  
Account currently disabled
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 18

138 posts
More
Thumbs up
Thank you!
Was a breeze to install & debloat.
Nice touch GUI as well.
Good work

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread